It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bergdahl Praises Allah During White House Rose Ceremony...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I see this thread proves that rabid Muslim hate is still alive and well inside of America still. Thanks a lot Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney...

Muslims trying to instill Sharia Law in this country, since when does an immigrant get a legal system of there own?.

I guess since Jewish immigrants got to live by their own legal system (Halakha law) ? Shariah is no different from Halakha in the sense that they apply only to practicing Muslims/Jews, not every American. Shariah is not being 'instilled' by replacing american law . It simply deals with civil matters such as marriages and property and diet. And no, shariah does NOT override the US law.

Phoniex Honor Killing This would be pretty uncivil by anyones standards unless of course you consider Sharia Law.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

I see this thread proves that rabid Muslim hate is still alive and well inside of America still. Thanks a lot Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney...

Muslims trying to instill Sharia Law in this country, since when does an immigrant get a legal system of there own?.

I guess since Jewish immigrants got to live by their own legal system (Halakha law) ? Shariah is no different from Halakha in the sense that they apply only to practicing Muslims/Jews, not every American. Shariah is not being 'instilled' by replacing american law . It simply deals with civil matters such as marriages and property and diet. And no, shariah does NOT override the US law.

Phoniex Honor Killing This would be pretty uncivil by anyones standards unless of course you consider Sharia Law.
you asked a question, I answered it and gave an explanation on as to how shariah isnt being instilled as you alleged. You know fully well that isolated incidents like the one you posted are not ''proof'' that Sharia is being ''instilled'' in the us.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I do not know of anyone who converted to Islam outside of getting married. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I would think it is not very common. Now if both father and son converted to Islam while he was held captive that seems strange to me. How many Gitmo prisoners and their family converted to the main religion of those keeping them a prisoner.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
How many Gitmo prisoners and their family converted to the main religion of those keeping them a prisoner.
I do know of at least one gitmo guard who converted to the religion of those he had to watch over.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Many have converted of their own free will .. among some of the more famous the singer cat stevens comes to mind he converted a few years ago if recall correctly ..

(post by alienreality removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
STINKS absolutely STINKS

Of course what it looks like is Obama is forgiving and tolerant to Islam

Others will thing Obama ... Muslim ... WTF

But this whole story stinks of "look over there"

Why would a policy be over turned for this supposed traitor/deserter...

Why would the administration bye pass congress to achieve it? Because of security reasons? Need to know? None of this makes sense

Will it turn out to be in a couple of years time that father and son have both converted back to Christianity and expose extremist Islam etc etc etc

Very odd... probably not just me

I thought it was very odd as well. Also find it strange that only a few bloggers are reporting it. Thanks for adding some insight, I appreciate it.

Thanks (also) for not trolling and lashing out at me like I am some sort of anti-Muslim or, whatever. I just thought the story was weird and I'm getting lit up and accused of being a hater. Which, I must say, is the farthest thing from the truth, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it, people always reply before reading and not understanding the full story

People also get confused with Islam and extremist Islam

I think "extremist" is an army deserter who walks off to join the Taliban... that pretty much sums up the definition for us there.

Also, I cannot believe this is not worrysome to people here, hell I'm a Muslim and its worrysome to me! People need to be worried about extremists.... and they DO in fact exist!

Now, one is coming home, to an apparent wahabbi home, without any repercussions for his crime of desertion during wartime.

This doesn't bode well.
edit on 2-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Your thinking right... don't worry about what they think. Your thinking right.

This IS very concerning....

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
What is the backlash if the 5 that got traded back end up in the next big attack somewhere? Or should I say used in the next false flag event? Just curious.
And to add one more thing, this guy is more of a trader than Edward Snowden, he abandoned his post and could have put more people at risk.

6 men died trying to get him back.... I'd say he put plenty of people at risk.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You know what ??? Never mind.
It's such strange behavior that it's not even worth getting into a discussion over.

** ETA ... I just got a U2U asking 'what is strange' ... so I'll clarify ...

Obama's behavior ... the exchange done on the QT without congress knowing ... and Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind ...but I'm not in the mood today to get into it all with people who disagree so that's why I said ... 'never mind'.

ETA .. one more thing ... Bob's Tweets
Shoulda left him over there to rot.
edit on 6/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why? I never said anything about it being "concerning."

You did.

You are the one who made a thread about the whole thing. Clearly you are concerned about it. So what is so important about Robert Bergdahl praising Allah that prompted you to create a thread on the matter? I'm sure you have an opinion, something inspired you to think this was worth sharing with us. Or are you are so unconcerned about this issue that it compelled you to post a thread on it?

Personally, I don't see someone's religion as being evidence of anything and think that stating a person's religion or pointing it out just creates unnecessary division and suspicion. I guess you believe otherwise?

First, its a soft sign of being an extremist to say Bismillah before speaking rather than before praying. It's a sign you have been converted to a more extreme version of Islam - because of who does this all the time, and who teaches it.

So, you have indication here the father is converted to extremist Islam, and you have a son who deserted the US Army to join up with the Taliban and help them fight against the United States.

THAT is worrysome when you look at it as a whole. The father is quite possibly extremist, the son is definitely extremist, and you wonder why people are worried?

Learn what the signs of your enemy really are, so that you can recognize them. Your enemy is the extremist. In Islam there are sure signs of extremism. Growing out long beard, wearing ankle length pants (ie: a bit shorter than most people) beginning everything you say with the Bismillah... those are all warning signs that the religion the person follows is more extreme than say, a moderate Muslim.

That does not make them extremists, but if the person doing that has a very definite Anti-American mindset, railing about how evil America is, then you can bet they are someone to watch very very closely.

The man, Bob Bergdahl, is someone I would definitely watch very closely. His son is someone who joined up with the Taliban to fight the US.... these people are the most dangerous sort indeed. I don't want them for my neighbors.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I get that people don't believe all Muslims are evil, but now is a great time to learn what an extremist looks/acts like verses a moderate Muslim....

You also have to be able to tell the difference between the two, or you will invite your enemy to dinner - which, btw, Americans are about to do right now...because imho the Bergdahl's are extremists.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Wasting your breath friend .. people like that too brainwashed to think for themselves .. no matter how you put truth to them they will never accept it .. instead they whinge that your picking on them ..

Well said on all your points .. far better than could with my rusty english ..

You have experience in one part of the world, this part of the world is where I have experience.

The Taliban did some horrible things to Muslims.... to their "supposed" brethren. Two of those men we released from gitmo were wanted by the UN to be tried for war crimes... war crimes against other Muslims.

Any man woman or child who shows support for the Taliban has been brainwashed into the extremist ideology - these people and their supporters are a danger to all people, Muslims included... and anyone who shows support for them is an extremist.

The man who deserted to join the Taliban is an extremist, and was one before joining forces with them. His father shows every sign of being the reason for the extremist ideology he exhibits...

They are bringing this man home, after 5 years of further brainwashing by people who are a danger to all of us, and putting him into a home that is the reason for his behavior, which already is responsible for killing innocent American men.

This is not about prejudices or anything like that... there is a reason to be not just worried but plain pissed off about this... and I am very pissed off. No one can say it's because I'm biased against Muslims, because I am Muslim.

But I have serious biases against extremists, and those who are a danger to Muslims and Christians alike are just that... a danger to us all.

The bergdahl's bear watching, and the boy needs to stand for his crimes.

If you want to know the things that are bell ringers for me that the person I am near happens to be an extremist,

1: long beard
2: pants just a tad shorter
3: saying the Bismillah all the time
3: showing support for destroying the prophets mosque
4: showing support for the Taliban
5: speaking, not against American policies but against American ideals.
6: being concerned with "shirk"

Those are a few key things to look for... anyone who exhibits most of the signs on this list, bears a bit more caution - and is certain to be an extremist f they exhibit them all. I would consider anyone exhibiting all these signs to be potentially very dangerous - the only other thing you would need to know would be, are they capable of acting out their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

On extremists .. have seen and had to put people back together who were victims of extremists of many types .. hold no love for extremists in any form ..
The majority of muslims that Ive met over the years were not and are not extremists and have heard them condemn the extremists in far harsher terms than seen here on ats or elsewhere ..

As to the son - put him on trial under ucmj for desertion during wartime ..

People often overlook though .. what drove / drives them to become extremists ? answer that and a solution to the problem can be found ..

Time for a drink .. got me remembering things Id rather forget .. one of those days ..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

First, its a soft sign of being an extremist to say Bismillah before speaking rather than before praying. It's a sign you have been converted to a more extreme version of Islam - because of who does this all the time, and who teaches it. So, you have indication here the father is converted to extremist Islam, and you have a son who deserted the US Army to join up with the Taliban and help them fight against the United States. THAT is worrysome when you look at it as a whole. The father is quite possibly extremist, the son is definitely extremist, and you wonder why people are worried? Learn what the signs of your enemy really are, so that you can recognize them. Your enemy is the extremist. In Islam there are sure signs of extremism. Growing out long beard, wearing ankle length pants (ie: a bit shorter than most people) beginning everything you say with the Bismillah... those are all warning signs that the religion the person follows is more extreme than say, a moderate Muslim. That does not make them extremists, but if the person doing that has a very definite Anti-American mindset, railing about how evil America is, then you can bet they are someone to watch very very closely. The man, Bob Bergdahl, is someone I would definitely watch very closely. His son is someone who joined up with the Taliban to fight the US.... these people are the most dangerous sort indeed. I don't want them for my neighbors.

I get that people don't believe all Muslims are evil, but now is a great time to learn what an extremist looks/acts like verses a moderate Muslim....

Worth repeating over and over again.
It appears that, while focused on one enemy, many have forgotten that others exist.
The differences between moderates and extremist (of any religion or ideology) need to be recognized. So many seem to fail to see the "warning signs" spoken of in the above quoted post.

What is truly scary are those who think that the only "evil" in this world is the US or "the west". (It isn't that simple)

......I also believe that both Robert Bergdahl and his son, Bowe, are extremists....it is kind of obvious.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Time for a drink .. got me remembering things Id rather forget .. one of those days ..

Sorry...

We'll talk later perhaps... take good care.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

You are correct, nothing is ever as simple as people would like it to be...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

My husband lived among Arabs in Saudi Arabia for two years working with them, so just another Islam apologist as I can see that have not clue what you are talking about or just justifying an agenda.

They may be good people when it comes to business but when it comes to their Islamic laws they are as dangerous as they can be.

Again is not such think of moderate Islam that is an oxymoron to infiltrate none Islamic countries in order to gain general none Muslim public acceptance

Muslims none of Arab decent are not even recognized by the Islam born nations, that is another joke to push agendas in none Islamic countries.

Is nothing more dangerous than ignorance, but worst is those that are behind Islamic agendas.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

They have been pushing Sharia and Islamic law in the US but the agendas were held back after 9/11, then we got our first Black president a historical accomplishment, with only one problem he is a closet Muslim, the sharia and Islamic acceptance during his presidency has increased incredibly behind the scenes with all the Muslim brotherhood links appointees he has surrounded himself in the white house as personal advisors.

People tend to argue what they do not want to understand because is better to argue than to become educated on what goes on in our nations politics this days.

I really have not problem exposing Islam, Sharia and our president agendas for what it is.

Islam law is already challenging US laws and people think is all peachy, look what UK and other none Muslim countries in EU are dealing with, well the same crap is nocking Americas doors as we speak.

Try to warn the masses and the propaganda is to be call intolerant and racist.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wow the Islamophiles really came out swinging in this thread, huh?

So we traded one Muslim terrorist for five Muslim terrorists? What's the big deal? Has anything from this administration led people to believe they have a clue or a hope when it come to good decision making?

All joking aside, it is a slap in the face to America and her actual soldiers. "No man left behind"? Is Obama really going to try to try trading terrorist "trading cards" to distract people from Benghazi? You did leave "men behind" Mr President and helping out the Taliban now isn't going to change that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join