It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bergdahl Praises Allah During White House Rose Ceremony...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I have no clue as to the reliability of this site, but this is very interesting.

Freed American POW’s Father Deletes A Very Disturbing Tweet: Throws Prisoner Exchange in Question SOURCE

If in fact it is true, it sheds an entirely new light on the exchange.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

How inane can some posters be? Of course it's of interest that his father is Muslim. It could be the whole reason why his son was "captured". I'm thinking that maybe his son went AWOL and switched sides. If that is the case, then it's rather interesting and should make us think twice about Islamic servicemen abroad in Islamic countries.

I think you all need to take a dose of the "get real" pill and take off those rose tinted politically correct glasses.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: buster2010

Can you stop with the anti-Muslim trolling? This has nothing whatsoever to do with that. So stop trying to derail the thread and making it into something that it clearly is not.

Oh really? You are the one that finished the op with this little sentence.

This story just keeps getting stranger and stranger...

Give a reason why it is getting stranger and stranger. You have a Muslim praising his God because his child is coming home why is that strange?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I see what you're doing here...Trolling at it's finest.

I said it was strange and different. You, for some reason, keep coming back to attack me and continue to spout all this drivel towards me, accusing me of something that I am not.

I'm done responding to you. I have nothing against Muslims, or anyone. I find this story to be interesting and strange, as do other ATS members. You're just commenting and adding nonsense to derail the thread.

Last time I checked I am allowed, as an American, to think.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

How inane can some posters be? Of course it's of interest that his father is Muslim. It could be the whole reason why his son was "captured". I'm thinking that maybe his son went AWOL and switched sides. If that is the case, then it's rather interesting and should make us think twice about Islamic servicemen abroad in Islamic countries.

I think you all need to take a dose of the "get real" pill and take off those rose tinted politically correct glasses.

Just don't respond to them. They will go away...Wonder how much those services pay, per post??

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The we do not negotiate with terrorists

Since when? Have you not seen the pics of John McCain being buddy buddy with Al Qaeda in Syria? And how Reagan funded terrorist in the Iran Contra scandal? There would be no Al Qaeda if it wasn't for America. We have no problem dealing with terrorist as long as they do what we want them to do.

They're not Al Qaeda there are only Ex al Qaeda amongst the ranks... Travel to any Muslim country across the globe you'll find some there too that doesn't make the country or government Al Qaeda if a civil war kicks of does it?

And siding with anyone regardless of a tiny minority of ex al Qaeda in the ranks is a better option than a NATO enemy gaining a foothold in the Middle East, especially when those who are running the show are friendly (Saudis & Qatar Et El)

The Middle East is a very divided chaotic place
edit on 1-6-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

You are treading a fine line between tyranny and freedom there with those words. Is it ok to automatically be suspicious of someone because they happen to practice a certain religion? Well why let them into the military at all? I mean we can keep going with this line of thought here.
edit on 1-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Difference in perception, people see praise Jesus without violence. And often see violence such a beheadings with Allahu Akbar, or praise Allah.

It's a matter of perspective.... Some Muslims are evil, and would happily kill you while shouting Allahu Akbar just for being non-Muslim, American, or Christian.

But I suppose for the greater good we can all ignore the evils of Islam... Perhaps at our own peril.

link   
It's rather simple to see this is not an anti Muslim thread but it seems you refuse to look at the big picture.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

I have no clue as to the reliability of this site, but this is very interesting.

Freed American POW’s Father Deletes A Very Disturbing Tweet: Throws Prisoner Exchange in Question SOURCE

If in fact it is true, it sheds an entirely new light on the exchange.

I saw that as well. I am curious as to how long it will take the MSM to pick up on these juicy tid bits...And which one will report on it first.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Bullspittal! I can find Christians in the world who would do the same in the name of "Praise Jesus!" But that's ok because they aren't real Christians correct?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: lovebeck

Can you stop with the anti-Muslim trolling? This has nothing whatsoever to do with that. So stop trying to derail the thread and making it into something that it clearly is not.

Oh really? You are the one that finished the op with this little sentence.

This story just keeps getting stranger and stranger...

Give a reason why it is getting stranger and stranger. You have a Muslim praising his God because his child is coming home why is that strange?

The fact that this has gone to the very top and he was a deserter... WHY DO THEY CARE?

Why was he exchanged ?

Why would he want to be exchanged as a prisoner ?

If it seem legit to you then you just ain't thinking right I'm afraid

Please try to get this Islamist bashing thing out your head and think of the bigger picture because nobody's being racist in here

edit on 1-6-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I agree the freedom of religion in the US means they're allowed to believe in whatever they want, and recite whatever prayers and whatnot they like. But I can't help but feel that with all the xenophobic buttmunchery the populace exudes towards the ME & Muslims in general that the dad could have benefited from keeping his religion to himself more. Not because I don't like it and don't want to see it (I could care less) but because he's going to end up raked over the coals for it when it should be a time of happiness for the family. All things considered, this is just a bad time for him to be identified as Muslim.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

unless he was purposefully sent over there as a hostage,, too begin with,, his claim of being sent to fight had a "higher purpose",, than the rest of his mates,,,

so America pulls out,, they get him back,,,

they threw in the 5 Islamists for dressing

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
It's rather simple to see this is not an anti Muslim thread but it seems you refuse to look at the big picture.

Maybe to you, but I just saw someone say we should automatically be suspicious of muslim service members overseas. I saw an OP where the entire op was just a citation of the man's religious affiliation and no reasons why that is even worth noting. But whatever. I guess we all forget rather quickly the rapid xenophobic anti-muslim crap we went through some 10 or so years ago.
edit on 1-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

And a bad time for his father to have tweeted this, if it is indeed true.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So then the latest is "Beware of Muslims", lumping them all into one big homogenous group ignoring the differences in loyalty or levels of religious involvement and of course immediately making that leap by saying "Well if he believes in this God, then he must be a candidate to want to talk with the enemy or even defect."

I don't think anyone on this website really needs any further exercises to strengthen their eyebrow muscles for arching.

What I do think is entirely possible is that instead of this being a warning that we should beware of Muslims that serve in the military for the United States, maybe this is an indirect gesture strongly suggested to Bergdahl, to make this kind of statement for several reasons.

First reason: it promotes peace with other Muslim nations by allowing them a chance to relate to an American who practices their religion. (We did release 5 of theirs at the same time remember) Not saying this is a strong gesture, but a subtle one. Second reason: for domestic purposes. Begin the discussion here in the U.S. with people so that a Muslim belief and religion isn't seen as something evil necessarily. Have to remember, the vast majority of the Muslim world is peaceful and not the ones representing the danger.

If we can begin to unite more of those people globally about what we have in common, we eliminate the fear associated with uncertainty and ignorance.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm not sure you know what trolling is.

Let me tell you what trolling is not: trolling is not calling somebody out for their obvious bias.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
a reply to: Nyiah

And a bad time for his father to have tweeted this, if it is indeed true.

Really? Looks faked, smells faked, walks like a fake...I'm calling duck.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
double
edit on 1-6-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join