It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bergdahl Praises Allah During White House Rose Ceremony...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Read my post above with the links. Over 100 instances

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

Read my post above with the links. Over 100 instances

Yeah the issue is that those verses have been cherry picked and don't meaning anything the way they are presented in that link. I started with the first one and straight away went to my Qu'ran and then I hit the red x in the corner of my screen because the message being put across in that link is completely false.

The first example that person uses is laughable because straight after that verse the words Tamult (Disorder and Chaos) and Oppression are used to describe the people who Muslims should be fighting and killing. Obviously those types of people are transgressors.
edit on 3-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I guess I need to find out what your point is. If the one and only one you read did not fit what the author said does that mean they all are incorrect by your standards? Seriously, I need to know these things. I only know that it appears that my being an American and Islam appear to be at odds and incompatible with each other.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

I'm not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, the best medicine for these types of issues is trying to show people a different perspective and understanding. What may seem like Islam saying "Kill everyone, they deserve to die" etc may not be correct.

The crucial pieces of information come after the verse that the author of that page cited.. And I can guarantee you that the same will apply to the rest of the verses he has used also. Obviously I'm not going to go through all of them so I used the first one.

Fighting doesn't always mean physical violence or killing people. What I'm doing with you right now could be fighting for Islam lol... There are deeper meanings to the things written in each religious book and that is why it's important to study them and come to your own conclusions. I did and I seen a different side of Islam which I never thought existed and it also opened up new subjects when it comes to the global scene etc.

I'm only questioning because I know what the Qu'ran says and I know that people will do anything to use it's very own words against it. I'm not trying to belittle anyone or make anyone look silly, I'm just curious as to why I can see certain positives in the Qu'ran while others cannot. Study is the major issue.

As for the American/Islam not compatible, I understand that, I'm from Australia so I'm in a similar position also. But I also have an open mind when it comes to other peoples cultures and though I love my country, I do see positive attributes in Islam also. When I say that I don't mean blowing myself up or killing people, I'm speaking about some of the things which I believe could benefit our societies.
edit on 3-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rockflier
Just those terrorists read Koran this way and they are killing other Muslims and Christians and of course The Israel regime commends them !

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I believe what the OP is trying to point out is Muslim extremest, there is a big difference.
Comprehension should be mandatory!

S & F

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: lovebeck

Are Muslim's kids not allowed in the military? I'm confused. We have Muslims who proudly serve and die for our nation.

I heard of people getting beat up or shot by their fellow squadron for much less and covered up.
And it seems he may been a black sheep a little and people are talking already about he hasn't shaven since his return.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join