It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bergdahl Praises Allah During White House Rose Ceremony...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: 23432

Usury is the life blood of capitalism.

To ask the banks to give up usury is like asking a pig to stop eating.

You are correct of course , there will always be those sinners who practice usury . Fortunately with today's communication and information technologies , we can create a new socio-economic system . We can nourish those piggies with digital products & digital profits .

Instead of fattening those piggies with blood & sweat , we should feed them with mouse & click [digital economy] , they wouldn't know the difference , they are pigs !!!

You know that it is possible to engineer a pig with wings ?

Pigs , it turns out can also fly .

Life is indeed stranger then fiction .

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: SaturnFX
The bible says a whole bunch of crazy stuff also which is promptly ignored by even the most devout (check Leviticus to start for a laundry list of crazy).

Probably not good to check the source material for a interpretation of how a religion is overall...better to simply talk to some of the average folks within that religion.

Why not? The Qu'ran is the essence of Islam and should be followed by all Muslims and with that, why would a Muslim want to join the US army to fight against other Muslims? This is against Islam. Is the USA an Islamic country? Western Islam is not true Islam.. It is a counterfeit to suit the secular way of life so asking many Muslims in my country is just a waste of time.

Because religion is not based strictly on source material. it is based on material + wisdom of the times overall, else all Christianity would either be amish or westboro Baptist church type...anything less than either of those extremes is not Christianity by book definition of it. Judism would require only Hasidic jews, none other would be considered jewish.

Yet, these people I mention only account for a small percent of their respective religion, why? because people tend to ignore the book and go more with the..pardon the pun, spirit of the religion verses the specifics.

As far as the US army fighting muslims..they aren't. they are fighting against governments and organizations, none of which are muslims.
If US was in a holy war against islam, yes, then there would be a big problem, but its not. Some may not understand the difference..mostly people without the ability to do some critical thinking behind an issue..they also tend to have the loudest mouths...but yeah, if you go to war against a government or organization, your not warring with the most common religion of that land, your warring against the government unless otherwise stated (crusades and the like)

And from your second post under this one...
wtf is a "atheist muslim"...that's a oxymoron

I'll put it another way... Someone who proclaims to be a Muslim, Christian or Jew yet knows they are not. In otherwords, A bs artist or a deceiver. An example is Extremists, Benjamin Netanyahu, even Obama. Netanyahu in his own words is an "Atheist Jew". In otherwords, he is not a Jew..

Jewish people are both a ethnic background and a religion. this one always confused me overall, but there it is...so a jewish atheist can happen. a Christian or muslim though only claims to be a religion, so no such thing as an atheist Christian or atheist muslim...your either an atheist, or the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It is odd and strange, but anything and EVERYTHING the Obama administration does is odd and strange, or worse....
But the haters will have their knee jerk reaction of attacking anybody who honestly questions things they see and their attempt to make sense of it. Is Obama just a world class dunce or a patsy who's just playing his part and doing this under orders for reasons we don't know. Neither is a good scenario.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
a reply to: MarlinGrace

You said they had implemented Sharia law in Dearborn.

You referenced a satire site.

There is no implementation of Sharia in Dearborn.

Ok I will own it, it was a mistake it's difficult to research every link to it's fullest. If you did you would never have time to make a post. Now it's your turn address the study of 50 lawsuits, the muslim attempt at Sharia patrols in Dearborn. The passage of laws to prevent Sharia from infecting the current system. Would you admit that the Muslim community is trying to the US? Are you willing to address these issues without pointing fingers at someone else's religion?

I owned my mistake will you sit quiet now?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

If what you are saying is correct, of course I will accept what you have to say, but that will require (as you have already stated), research on my part. I haven't challenged anything else you've stated, and nor would I, until I have adequate facts at my disposal. There are however, plenty of misleading opinions and incorrect information to be found on all sides of the political fence, and from most major denominations of religion, so it is a matter of separating the wheat from the chaff.

I don't care in the slightest for extremist Muslim politics, nor what these extremist groups call Sharia law. As others have mentioned, there is a big difference between moderates and extremists, and I think that is information that some are either unaware of, or choose not to believe. As a Jewish person, who works with plenty of moderate Muslims, I can state that as being pretty accurate. Many of the Muslims I work with are fleeing extremists like the Taliban, and the last thing they have any interest in is living under the type of Sharia law forced upon them in Afghanistan.

edit on 3-6-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Here's a link to an interview with Matt Maupin's father Keith Maupin. He runs the Yellow Ribbon Foundation and has sent out over 8,000 stickers with Bowe Bergdahl's photo on them in care packages.

This guy turned a tragedy into something for the greater good and is who I thought of when I read the blog in the OP.

Ke ith Maupin Gives Unique Perspective

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I guess usury doesn't apply to the Saud family, as they have investment with many Banks in the US and UK, let no forget their many "Islamic banks".

The irony. They just tag Islamic finances to their investments and is all good under Islamic law.

These are the little things that show you who the true Muslims are and who aren't. It may not seem like a big deal but usury is prohibited in Islam and that is a fact. So you could look at all the Muslim Governments and Royalty and if anyone of them are dealing in usury in any way, they are insulting the very religion they proclaim to live by.

Something I said earlier about Muslims looking to Christians and Jews could also come into play with the Saudi Royal family. They are the worst for getting help from the West and with that helping the West achieve certain objectives in the Middle East. They are not good examples of Islam and their oppression towards their people is disgusting also.
edit on 3-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Jewish people are both a ethnic background and a religion. this one always confused me overall, but there it is...so a jewish atheist can happen. a Christian or muslim though only claims to be a religion, so no such thing as an atheist Christian or atheist muslim...your either an atheist, or the other.

I can't agree with the above. The essence of being Jewish is upholding the Jewish religious laws (Halakhah). Ethnicity does not play a role because anyone can convert to Judaism if they choose and this is also a common theme in the Biblical records especially with the earliest patriarch's.

Just like Christianity and Islam anyone can convert to them so I don't think any Race, Background is really a factor, if anything it takes race and ethnicity out of the equation. How a Good or Bad religious person is determined is by their actions and how they weigh up with the things that are permitted and prohibited according to their respective religion. There is no such thing as an Atheist Jew.
edit on 3-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
While I am here on this thread , anyone wants to convert to islam ....

Nope. Not me. Not a chance.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

And to think that it was US tax dollars that propped the Saud house feudal monarchy and their oil control.

People tend to forget history, they are as money and power hungry as the rest of the elite in the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Well it's your choice , there is no compulsion in islam .

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wether or not the guy is a "Manchurian Candidate" will have to be seen,I do hope he is being watched well. As to what he says,that could be Stocklolm syndrome issues.I happen to know about troops left behind.The US does it when they can hide it.
www.businessinsider.com... Guess the Viet Nam govt wanted cash and we said no and covered it up.
I have spoken to a muslim woman on this board WHO WAS SCARED because of hostility to her faith,and THAT pissed me off.She has EVERY right I do and I defend HER too and WILL if I can.
We all know the game is MONEY not religion or politics but the gold.If you don't you ain't literate.Without oil all of this would be a page in the National Geographic. Thousands of people whose lives have been stolen by oligarchs who's only interest is cash and service to self.While I am NOT surprised at the lashing out from oppression I won't stand for any violence from Muslims any more than I would from a neo nazi( Who are predominantly Christian)
They aren't less than me as a result of my faith but wrong is wrong.The US Govt has done far more evil in secret that all of us know as well.
Jihadists have a fools errrand,I am TOTALLY in favor of killing EVERYONE we find,I just need REAL Muslims to be protected and to walk WITH us instead of backing this "Kamikaze" culture seeking to take over the world...again.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienreality
Disclaimer: I am not anti Muslim, just anti Fake Muslim.

This is completely understandable and not even a surprise since our president has been conducting a Jihad on America since he crawled into the Whitehouse. Proof? All the damage he has caused the country, and most of that is virtually permanent. (Real American presidents don't try to destroy this country with everything they do. Maybe this might be why some folks are saying this, because they also think Obama is the reincarnation of Mohammed, (and they love him for the destruction upon this Infidel American nation) and they fear offending him. Like how Hitler had to be "Hailed" all the time as some sort of king (Schmuck)
Obama is more like Hydra from the Captain America movie, (not to be confused with the captain, of course).

I think Obama believes he is Mohammed or some other counterfeit religious figure. God is in fact known by the name Allah, but this is the name most Muslims use. They (the pretend Muslims) think much of the time that simply calling out his name "Allah" makes it perfectly okay to kill people and rape women and stone them to death for being raped by their perverted family members and they believe they are helping God.. Delusions?, why yes.

Coming soon to the white house will be Baby tossing from 50 feet high sort of like a type of Muslim approved bungee jumping, without the bungee, and using linen sheet material instead. They still do this in India for good luck!

Maybe they will all jump out in front of semi trucks on the freeway for good luck! (All the rest of us American's good luck that is).

Wow, you take the Presidential hatred to a new level.. congratulations on being so ignorant. You may not agree to his policies but he is far from destroying America.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If someone wants to pray to any kind of "god", let him pray. It´s his own fault! Better take your life into your own hands...

Btw, the whole story smells like PR for Homeland, did the viewer rates sink?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.frontpagemag.com...

yes there is

Forced conversion, refusing to do so, penalty, death, same if you are an atheist.

edit on 013030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 013030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.frontpagemag.com...

yes there is

Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow)

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion.
The right course has become clear from the wrong.
So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

says the Quran , so , no , there is no compulsion for anyone to convert to islam .

nice try though .

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Islam is not a religion is the law from where the religion abides.

No is no compulsion on accepting the religion because the religion can not be practiced without accepting the Islamic laws first.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Forced conversions, penalty, death.

nice try though

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Islam is not a religion is the law from where the religion abides.

No is no compulsion on accepting the religion because the religion can not be practiced without accepting the Islamic laws first.

Book says no compulsion , so it is what it is : No Compulsion .

Islam is not 'a' religion , i agree . it is a way of life and the last religion to be sent according to book.

I have never forced anyone and no one ever told me to forcefully convert non believers .

Gentle persuasion is allowed .

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Minorities in Pakistan Fear ‘Forced Conversion’ to Islam

www.ipsnews.net...

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, May 19 2014 (IPS) - Minority communities in Pakistan have long had a raw deal. Accounting for just 10 percent of this country’s population of 180 million, they are no strangers to marginalisation, discrimination or even violence.

But persistent reports that Christian and Hindu girls are being forcibly converted to Islam might just take the top spot in a long list of atrocities that non-Muslims are forced to endure.

“The situation is extremely grim. About 1,000 Hindu and Christian girls are abducted in Pakistan every year. They are converted to Islam through the use of forced marriages,” Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, chief patron of the Pakistan Hindu Council (PHC), told IPS.

Modus Operandi of Forced Conversions in Pakistan
www.theindianrepublic.com...

The modus operandi is simple. Girls between 12 and 25 are abducted from their homes. They are kept confined, converted to Islam, raped and finally married to the abductor or a third party. When the victim’s family lodges a police complaint for abduction, the abductor files a counter complaint alleging harassment for willful conversion and marriage by the girl. They also complain that the family is trying to reconvert the girl to Christianity. The courts also fail to provide relief to the family as the traumatized girl, when produced to testify before the judge usually says that she has willfully converted to Islam and married the accused out of free will. Since reconversion to Christianity is covered under blasphemy laws and is a severely punishable offence, the families have to option but to let the matter drop. - See more at: www.theindianrepublic.com...

www.theindianrepublic.com...

“Christian-bashing is unnecessary and could create disunity. In fact, I would condemn such action,” he said at a press conference held at the party headquarters this morning.

He was responding to claims that several Christians were forced to convert into Islam at a local university earlier this week.

The conversion had allegedly taken place during a seminar in UiTM on Islam and Christianity on Tuesday.

It was also reported that one of the invited speakers at the seminar had outlined 10 reasons as to why Christians should convert to Islam. While another speaker had praised Malaysia for banning the ‘Allah’ word from being used by the non-Muslims.

www.freemalaysiatoday.com...

Boko Haram release chilling videos of missing Nigerian girls as they reveal they have all been forced to convert to Islam

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join