It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Bergdahl Praises Allah During White House Rose Ceremony...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There are only a few sources reporting this, so far, but apparently Robert Bergdahl, Bowe Bergdahl's father praised Allah during a press conference in the White House Rose Garden with President Obama.

Appearing with President Obama in a brief Rose Garden event, Robert Bergdahl, the father of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, recited “Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahm,” according to the Daily Caller. In English, that means, “In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate.”

When he finished reciting, the president hugged him.

www.bizpacreview.com...

This story just keeps getting stranger and stranger...

+60 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
And ? Last I heard people had the right to freedom of religion in america .. erm.. wait thats only for christians .. I forgot .. carry on ..

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Are Muslim's kids not allowed in the military? I'm confused. We have Muslims who proudly serve and die for our nation.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I see this thread proves that rabid Muslim hate is still alive and well inside of America still. Thanks a lot Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney...

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes, we have freedom of religion. Just so YOU know, I have nothing against Muslims or anyone for that matter. My daughter's boyfriend is from Iraq and is Muslim, so...

I just think this story is strange, different. The whole thing, including this.

So hop off your high horse. Thanks.

edit on 1-6-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ok, so how about providing a bit more information why we should be concerned that Rober Bergdahl is praising Allah?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What is the backlash if the 5 that got traded back end up in the next big attack somewhere? Or should I say used in the next false flag event? Just curious.
And to add one more thing, this guy is more of a trader than Edward Snowden, he abandoned his post and could have put more people at risk.
edit on 1090000006 by JHumm because: to add the last comment

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
STINKS absolutely STINKS

Of course what it looks like is Obama is forgiving and tolerant to Islam

Others will think Obama ... Muslim ... Maybe WTF

Others will totally mis the big fuss and accuse others of being anti Islamic lol

But this whole story stinks of "look over there" or serves as a symbolic warning to not just Americas rivals but the entire western worlds... Russia China?

Why would a policy be over turned for this supposed traitor/deserter...

Why would the administration bye pass congress to achieve it? Because of security reasons? Need to know? None of this makes sense and there must be a very very good reason for it

Will it turn out to be in a couple of years time that father and son have both converted back to Christianity and expose extremist Islam etc? or the beginnings and the endings... a new make peace with Islam strategy and fund them into attacks in Russia and China, after all that fight is already on in Syria

Very odd... probably not just me

edit on 1-6-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why? I never said anything about it being "concerning."

You did.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The guy is Muslim big deal that's what Muslims say it's no different than a Christian saying praise Jesus. He is happy that his child is coming home. People are getting their knickers in a wad because he posted a tweet that he was trying to get Gitmo closed. Again big deal many people that respect the law in this nation wants Gitmo closed down.
edit on 1-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I see this thread proves that rabid Muslim hate is still alive and well inside of America still. Thanks a lot Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney...

Wow talk about jumping the gun

I think more people are concerned about this as a addition to the other part of the story/picture

Let me remind you

The we do not negotiate with terrorists

Bye passing congress to make it happen

The 5 for 1 deserter thing

And now rose garden walks at the White House with his father?

Who else got that treatment? for sure it is intended as a message and media circus, well that's just my opinion/hunch based on other current world affairs the US/NATO & CO is wasting to much time and resources on people that can be bought and controlled or are otherwise not a threat while bigger fish lurk for a bite or have

Think about it

edit on 1-6-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Now don't forget FOX they try their best to spread Islamophobia and seeing how more people listen to them than Bush or Cheney they are doing a better job.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
STINKS absolutely STINKS

Others will thing Obama ... Muslim ... WTF

But this whole story stinks of "look over there"

Why would the administration bye pass congress to achieve it? Because of security reasons? Need to know? None of this makes sense

Will it turn out to be in a couple of years time that father and son have both converted back to Christianity and expose extremist Islam etc etc etc

I thought it was very odd as well. Also find it strange that only a few bloggers are reporting it. Thanks for adding some insight, I appreciate it.

Thanks (also) for not trolling and lashing out at me like I am some sort of anti-Muslim or, whatever. I just thought the story was weird and I'm getting lit up and accused of being a hater. Which, I must say, is the farthest thing from the truth, lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

"his child" he was a member of the 501 Airborne,,,
there child walked away from battle,,
what does Mohamad say about those who walk away from the Kafir? in battle.?

why didnt "they" kill him outright???and by they i mean the one's loyal too Mohamad??

stinks,,,

" Killing a Kafir who is fighting you is OK. Killing a Kafir for any reason, you can say, it is OK - even if there is no reason for it. You can poison, ambush and kill non-believers. You must have a stand with your heart, with your tongue, with your money, with your hand, with your sword, with your Kalashnikov. Don't ask shall I do this, just do it.

Abu Hamza al-Masri.

edit on 6/1/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Don't get why op is getting attacked over this.
It is very strange when you combine this with the tweet the dad sent earlier and the fact most people are saying this man was not kidnapped but deserted and joined the Taliban....
And of course that group never does anything in the name of Allah
edit on stSun, 01 Jun 2014 20:48:03 -0500America/Chicago620140380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Are Muslim's kids not allowed in the military? I'm confused. We have Muslims who proudly serve and die for our nation.

His son converted to Islam after he deserted and so did his father according to another source

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why? I never said anything about it being "concerning."

You did.

You are the one who made a thread about the whole thing. Clearly you are concerned about it. So what is so important about Robert Bergdahl praising Allah that prompted you to create a thread on the matter? I'm sure you have an opinion, something inspired you to think this was worth sharing with us. Or are you are so unconcerned about this issue that it compelled you to post a thread on it?

Personally, I don't see someone's religion as being evidence of anything and think that stating a person's religion or pointing it out just creates unnecessary division and suspicion. I guess you believe otherwise?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Can you stop with the anti-Muslim trolling? This has nothing whatsoever to do with that. So stop trying to derail the thread and making it into something that it clearly is not.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The we do not negotiate with terrorists

Since when? Have you not seen the pics of John McCain being buddy buddy with Al Qaeda in Syria? And how Reagan funded terrorist in the Iran Contra scandal? There would be no Al Qaeda if it wasn't for America. We have no problem dealing with terrorist as long as they do what we want them to do.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
STINKS absolutely STINKS

Others will thing Obama ... Muslim ... WTF

But this whole story stinks of "look over there"

Why would the administration bye pass congress to achieve it? Because of security reasons? Need to know? None of this makes sense

Will it turn out to be in a couple of years time that father and son have both converted back to Christianity and expose extremist Islam etc etc etc

I thought it was very odd as well. Also find it strange that only a few bloggers are reporting it. Thanks for adding some insight, I appreciate it.

Thanks (also) for not trolling and lashing out at me like I am some sort of anti-Muslim or, whatever. I just thought the story was weird and I'm getting lit up and accused of being a hater. Which, I must say, is the farthest thing from the truth, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it, people always reply before reading and not understanding the full story

People also get confused with Islam and extremist Islam

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join