It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacksonville Implements Orwellian Police State, Going to 18,000 Homes Looking for Drugs and Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My reply would be simple:

"Obviously, you do not have probable cause simply because there is none. I do, however, choose to exercise my constitutional rights by denying your request for entrance to search my home without a search warrant. So, until you have probable cause, until you have a search warrant, kindly remove your arses from my property."

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When a cop knocks on your door and you open it, they can almost always cook up an excuse to get in.
The thing to do is NEVER open your door for the police, I got this from Barry Cooper, he suggests you talk to the police from your front window hands up, and instruct them that you have nothing to say. If they have a search warrant to kick in the door please.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

In this instance this says it all

No warrant no entrance

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Why would you say all that? No one's asking to enter your home, they're just knocking on your door to make you aware of unsolved crimes in your neighborhood.

As to the talks about purchasing camera's for the neighborhood: My city has microphones in 'bad' parts of the city. They're used to triangulate the location of gunshots. No one seems to have a problem with it as they're not designed to pick up conversational speech but the specific sound of a gunshot.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Seems to me there is a simple solution to this. If you don't wish to interact with law enforcement don't answer the door. Same as traveling salesman, eventually they will go away.

Napping with noise cancelling headphones.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Works for Jehovah's Witnesses.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How are they going to extract money from a neighborhood by just knocking on doors? Sounds impossible doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
My reply would be simple:

"Obviously, you do not have probable cause simply because there is none. I do, however, choose to exercise my constitutional rights by denying your request for entrance to search my home without a search warrant. So, until you have probable cause, until you have a search warrant, kindly remove your arses from my property."

"Oh wow, is that a bong on your mantle there? Let's go boys!"

*crash* *bang* *boom* *pow*

"welp, seems it was just a vase, not a bong. In any case, we did find this, this and this when we tore out your door frames, ripped up your floorboards, and smashed all your electronics (searching for contraband of course)... You sir, are going to jail."

"What the hell, what did you find?"

"Alaskan blue Lobster, can't transport those 'crost state lines. Oh, and this white powder in your kids room, we're bagging and tagging it as anthrax, you and your fam is going down for being the terrorizers that you's are."

yes/no?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho
You've never had police knock on your door to ask about a burglary (or other crime) in your neighborhood? I have.
They didn't force their way into my house. We talked in my carport for a while.

Publicly announcing a massive intrusive search program doesn't really make much sense. Does it?

edit on 6/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Works for Jehovah's Witnesses.

So does asking to be on their DO NOT CALL LIST!

Do the cops have a 'do not call list' ?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Don't be home. They might leave a note instead.

I assume they wont have tactical gear on.

On the other hand they could take pictures or see something through the door, if that is the purpose of the operation.

Cameras sounds like a bad idea, but policepersons are mostly trustworthy, have good human interaction skills, and are over worked.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My guess is the first knock and talks will be aimed at those criminals on Parole and Probation where no warrant is needed.

Once the neighbors see the cops just walking in on these people not being able to do anything the cops will start on non criminals.

Someone who's XX year old son is on Probation will likely be next.

Then the cops will start asking landlord for permission to search apartments

It will not take long before the public will give up trying to keep the cops out

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The problem with this is that mOst people don’t know the 4th amendment from howdy doody.

Therefore many will think that they are obliged to let those cops in or feel intimidated to do it.

“If you don’t let us in you have something to hide” they will think the cops will be thinking, so will be naïve enough to say “sure come on in, have a cup of coffee, and look around all you want.”
A BIG MISTAKE.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well it shows that a overly sensational headline will bring out the anti establishment crew in a second.

Nowhere does it say they will just barge into your house, plus if you have nothing to hide why would you care?

Time to take the tin foil hats off and join the real world where not everything the government does is out to get you.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

“If you don’t let us in you have something to hide”

If you don't have something to hide what would be the problem?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Obviously my reply was based on the assumption (as some have put forward) that they would request to enter.

Otherwise it makes zero sense...no?

FYI: I am not a paranoid cop hater...I actually have a bit of sympathy for the average police officer. As I have said repeatedly here, they see the worst that humanity has to offer. That would inevitably lead to jaded behavior. I do not condone overuse of force, but I also recognize the human part of the equation: People are not perfect. Cops are people.

I have had more issues with no class, low class clowns with no sense of the proper way to behave in society than I have had with police officers.

SM2

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

they are not trying to enter homes. They are knocking on doors to talk to people is all. Two deputies will knock on your door, talk to you about the crime in the area, ask if you have any information that could lead them in the right direction etc. They are not trying to enter homes without a warrant.

As someone who lives in the area, I am in St Augustine, about 25 miles south of Jax. The area of Jax they are speaking about is a pretty rough part of town. This is where the majority of gang related crime is.The operation area in the link is about the size of a small city itself. I see nothing wrong with talking to them on your front porch. Letting them in the house...well

to Tsurfer : Just because I have nothing to hide does not mean I should just open up my home for someone to search it. It goes both way, if they had any reason what so ever to think I was hiding something, they would have a warrant. To allow law enforcement into your home. business of vehicle without a warrant is among the dumbest things you can ever do. They will most assuredly find SOMETHING to arrest or fine you for.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have had an a$$hat neighbor report my dogs (cocker spaniels who wag their butts for attention) as being menaces and biters. Police came to my door and when I opened it they were greeted by friendly dogs. They took one look and decided they needed to have a chat with my neighbor about filing false reports. They (the officers) were polite, they did not beat me with batons, they did not tazer me, they did not shoot me, they did not force their way inside my home nor were they Nazis.

I must lack the paranoia gene as well as the "invite the police to put a boot up my butt for acting like an a$$hat" gene as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The problem with this is that mOst people don’t know the 4th amendment from howdy doody.

Therefore many will think that they are obliged to let those cops in or feel intimidated to do it.

“If you don’t let us in you have something to hide” they will think the cops will be thinking, so will be naïve enough to say “sure come on in, have a cup of coffee, and look around all you want.”
A BIG MISTAKE.

Then they are ignorant fools and deserve what they get!

Not the police job to fix stupid.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Nowhere does it say they will just barge into your house, plus if you have nothing to hide why would you care?

I have no issue with talking to the police if they come knocking POLITELY. Hell I may even invite them in for a chat as I don't have anything to hide and happy to help the police in my area do there job.

BUT

1) It should be up to the individual how much they are willing to cooperate

2) NEVER should the police be allowed to just barge in. The "if you dont have anything to hide what the problem" line does not wash. Sorry but the public should be free from being raided and searched by force without a warrent otherwise its a invasion of privacy!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join