Have you ever walked into a situation you weren't sure you were going to walk out of?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've been lucky enough to survive some wild times in my life and during those times there has been a few situations I didn't think I was coming out of.

For the most part they have made me a better person and appreciate life more.

So my question to you is, what's your story? Can you talk about it and are you willing to share with us how it's helped you evolved spiritually?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Can reply to: onequestion
Share some of your occasions that you speak of? Maybe then some of us may open up and share similar experiences.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The bathroom at CBGB.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Shortly after my 22nd birthday I went out partying with a few friends. We went to a local bar shot some pool and drank too much alcohol.

The thing I'm most thankful for is when I decided to leave the bar I left alone, I was the only person injured. I was about two miles from my parents home when I rolled my truck. I'm not sure how many times it rolled but most people I know who saw what was left of the truck told me they assumed whoever was driving it died. (I never saw my truck after the accident.)

I was injured quite badly and was air lifted to the nearest hospital.

I did make a full recovery and since that day I refuse to drive a vehicle after having a single drink of alcohol. (I learned my lesson.)

I don't remember thinking about "god" or fearing for my life at the accident scene or during my recovery. There were times because of the pain I wished I was dead. I was conscience when the paramedics pulled me from my truck. Also I've read the communication transcripts of the emergency workers and know they were worried I was going into shock. Not sure if I was near death but it was serious enough for them to fly me to the hospital.

So boys and girls don't drink and drive.

edit on 1-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Was caught smoking substance by police in Thailand whilst backpacking years ago. Brought to a Bangkok police station and crapped myself. To cut a long and scary story short policeman accepted bribe. (my cash point limit which I had luckily taken money from at the beginning of the day)
I would still be in a Bangkok jail now! Really learnt a lesson that day,..... especially when I reached Malaysia, indonisia and
Phillilines (which can have death penalty for any substance use) just made sure i didn't get caught..

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A dream I had when I was a teen.

Falling from what felt like 30,000 ft. I felt concious. I could feel the wind on my body and butterflies. I was calm though. I looked around below me a saw these mega stone structures like stone heads the size of sky scrappers below me. I made a concious decision in my dream to catch the side of one of those and use it to slow my speed. I know, it was a dream and my plan was wack lol.

the point is, I realized in that dream that there is not a single situation I cannot find a way out of. So no I don't worry about not not coming back from a situation because at every moment I am planning my return.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
only once in the streets of Chicago. I was on the ambulance (private ambulance not Chicago Fire) and I went into the projects and man I don't mind admitting I was terrified...I was getting nasty looks and comments

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: misscurious

your post reminded me of this verse

"One Night In Bangcock Makes A Hard Man Humble"

from this tune

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yup!

In an H.A booze can with a bunch of bikers chanting "BUY BEER BUY BEER" after I already dished out my last 5 to a friend who brought me there. Had three strikers on me in the front yard then KO'd (briefly) on the street.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I have had a gun pulled on me a few times. I have been drunk and in violent places a few times too. I used to go to shows where skin heads would frequent just about every week in HS. Not with them but our shows would overlap with theirs. Musically hardcore and punk is similar to bonehead music. Oi oi!..

Besides the times when I was an idiot looking for a beatdown....

I walked into a robbery once.

I had just gotten home from work at the bar. I lived above my aunts bar in Spain. Was getting ready to eat something and chill when I heard a noise downstairs. It was like 4 am and her place was closed. I decided to investigate.

I took my dog with me since I didn't even have so much as a bat.

When we got downstairs two rhinos armed with crowbars had just finished loading the slot machine into their truck.

The one closest to me lunged at me with the crow bar ready to crack me in the head. My dog got loose and went after the other.

I managed to grab the crow bar the guy swung and wrestled him to the ground. My dog messed the other guy up and was about to take on my guy when his partner ran into the truck.

Seeing as he was alone and about to be hurt REALLY bad he got loose and jumped in the drivers seat of the truck.

I followed and hung onto the cab since I was in between the door and him so he couldn't close it. I remember looking him in the eyes and telling him to drop the machine. It was surreal. LOL.

The truck was standard and bucked when he slammed it into the wrong gear. The slot machine slid out and I was still hanging on. I considered grabbing the wheel and pulling it towards the wall next to us but the truck was going about 20 MPH at this point and quickly speeding up. Seeing as how they were empty handed I decided to jump. The guy driving was in shock. I honestly felt like a freaking Cyborg. LOL. I jumped and rolled a bit.

My dog ran after them for a kilometer before stopping at my cousins house.

I had a little road rash and a mild concussion. All else was good though.

I was yelled at by my wife after who had seen the whole thing from the balcony to our place.

My aunt was a little pissed too but over all was happy all turned out well. We had been having a string of robberies in our town and almost all the bars were hit. They stopped after that. I got a few pints out of it and a story in the local paper. The news covered it a bit and I hear it had mention in Colombian news too.LOL

I was really proud of myself. I still think to it sometimes. It was dumb but I will tell you what. It felt right.

I have since been more careful. I do have kids and I need to be careful. I know I am not Superman and I am only getting older.

Spiritually? I feel the same. I think my mortality is funny. I don't know.

edit on 6 1 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah, my last marriage. I am pretty sure we will be together till one of us die.

It's whether you have a shirt left on your back that matters as you walk away.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I was in charge of the main gate at a festival in the UK a few years ago. The gate closed at 10pm and nobody was allowed in or out until the morning. It should have been straightforward as it was a Green festival and the few 1000 there were all supposed to be peace-loving folk. They were a bloody nightmare for the whole weekend and some of them hated security...

To cut a long story short, it got out of hand by midnight with caravans and trailers turning up late and they were blocking the road outside whilst demanding to be let in. On the inside, a bunch of vehicles wanted to leave. They started screaming and yelling, beeping the horns and being pains in the ass.

I was short-staffed on the gate and had to deescalate the people as best as possible - it was bubbling. Eventually these two guys got out their car and threatened to stab me if I didn't open the gates. They were London dealers in a silver BMW. I fronted it out and BSd that I didn't have the keys (I did). They got back in the car to talk it out and I called for back-up. No joy on the back-up as a fight had broken out elsewhere and the crowds blocked them in so I had to call the organisers for Yankee - the police. They refused...

The guys heard this and got out the car and came up on me again. They held *something* in their hands and I thought it was game-over. In the moment, I could have unlocked the gates and taken the easy way out. Inside, I was scared and outside was trying to look calm. I clutched the radio as a weapon and got ready to go down swinging. I was 100% resigned to getting beaten and stabbed.

The moment was over when the sirens and lights of the security back-up vehicle came roaring through the car-park and the ass-holes returned to the car. It was like Flight of the Valkyrie lol

'Spiritually,' it was a stupid thing to do and would have been easier to step aside and let the SoBs go on their way. Then again, it was a moment when a principle was more important and I don't regret what happened. I learned a lot about people at that festival and discovered that my own stubbornness can be fatal.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yep.
Posting details about myself on public forums, aholes nearly managed to trace me!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I got caught in a current under a waterfall and nearly drowned. I was being spun horizontally and could not figure out which way was up. I went into blackness. I was panicked at first, but then when I realized I was about to die, a soothing calm came upon me. I was miraculously ejected from the current and someone pulled me to the shore.
I've also been jumped by a gang. I'd prefer not to discuss that one. I hurt one of them pretty bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I once walked in on a attempted murder in progress . I am now in special witness protection program .Long story with lots of details and some scary as well as funny things associated with it .Well except for the threats on my life lol ..peace

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"There I was. Thought I was going to die" stories.
A few times hang gliding. More times surfing.

Lesson(s) learned: I hate being scared. Avoid scary situations. The benefits do not outweigh the risks.
edit on 6/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
We were in an artillery barrage and I was out of cigarrettes.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Posting from my phone but reading every reply! When we get to base I'll post some too very interesting reads.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Afternoon,

Yes.
I call it: Waking up every morning.
Seriously now...I wish I could relate even a tenth of the times I got into scapes I never thought I was going to walk away from:

Car Accidents...having never driven a day in my life.
Overzealous Police...since a language barrier can prove fatal when the police state gets trigger-happy.
Food Poisoning...but I still love Fugu!
Brawls...where some coward pulls out a knife or other lethal weapon because they're more afraid of losing than an ass whuppin'.
Jealous (heretofor unknown) Boyfriends...that have an FAC and low impulse control.
SCUBA Malfunctions...now that was a scary one lemme tell ya.
Idiotic Friends...who let their girlfriends take the controls of a Cessna C-172 without even a simple warning or moments notice.
Bad Drugs...over two decades in the past and I'd elaborate but T+C prevents this.
Amusement Park Malfunctions...that one was kinda fun but I have a feeling the bad drugs had something to do with that.

These are just a few off the top of my head.
I have always said I will only gamble with something I can afford to lose.
Personally, if you get to life's finish line without a whole bunch of these in your past...then what on earth have you been doing this whole time?
Nice thread.
S+F.

-Peace-
edit on 1-6-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have four,

One, surfing on Kauai, one swimming on Kauai, another involved lots of police at LAX, and the other was of course alcohol related.

Awesome Idea for a thread! I can't wait to read some of our members stories.

Oh yeah, one more, involving skateboarding in Cozumel Mexico
edit on 1-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join