It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Confused. Sandy Hook, The Isla Vista Killings, & Other Rampage Killings In The USA Are Conspira

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

well...that's not unfair, or biased, or ignorant at all... -shakes head, while doing the slow clap-

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tide88

I can't say for sure, but I would guess that the majority of people who are claiming 'conspiracy' about these events in the U.S. - are actually from the U.S.
Being subjected to the MSM's hammering of the events and having more direct access to the news regarding these killings, they can more easily make assumptions/conclusions regarding these events than say, one that happened in China. Couple that with the fact that they will have to deal with the consequences of any actions taken due to the event, they have more of a stake in things that happen at home. The last tragedy outside of the U.S. that I can recall receiving any significant amount of attention from our MSM was the Norway shooting (but I don't watch MSM anymore, so I wouldn't be aware of any others since then).

ETA: After catching up on the latest posts, yeah...what Daedalus said...
edit on 1-6-2014 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

Why not take out a few drug dealers or white collar criminals?

When you say drug dealers, are you referring to the low level pot dealer or are you referring to doctors who deal in the real killers, or big pharma who is supplying ?
When you say white collar, are you referring to the cashier who steals from the till to buy top ramen for her kids or the wall street heads and elected politicians that enable them?
Just curious, because the ones who should be getting time or executed for their crimes almost never do, the same cannot be said for the low level guys.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Really, there are no crazy people in the US capable of committing mass murders? I beg to differ on that point, and assert that there are people like this within the US government. There ALWAYS are. Just look at the 30,000 people the US EXECUTED during the Vietnam War. And people were nicer back then. The thing is that we do not hear about as much today, as things can be hidden a little better. The system itself has been streamlined.

And there definitely is a conspiracy in the US when it comes to gun control, considering the MSM only presents one side of the argument, and some claim that this has something to do with it. I think it is people like you who assume that the US government would never be capable of turning on its own citizens, and that we do not need guns for that reason. It is a pipe dream considering all the things the government has already done.

I won't turn this into that argument however. So I will finish up by stating that I am not convinced there are conspiracies at work with these events...but I will say there are HIGHLY questionable "facts" that just do not make any sense. The official story conflicts with eyewitness testimony. The stories are changed multiple times where important details are concerned. There are a whole host of strange occurrences surrounding every single attack you mentioned. And I think there are factions within the intelligence community who have no problem murdering innocent people.

There are ALWAYS people willing to kill others. Just take a look back through history. You do not have to be a Hitler or Stalin to murder innocent people. You or I might not feel that murder is ever justified, but not everyone's brains work the same way. And killing is something one can be conditioned for. Militaries act on this premise. I am absolutely positive that the intelligence community puts RESULTS before conscience. So if they get an idea in their head, they will see the task carried out. But again, I am not saying there are conspiracies at work here. I am just saying that there are many questions that have not been sufficiently answered, as well as that we shouldn't assume that just because we wouldn't do something does not mean everyone feels the same way. Another thing to consider is the fact that many of those in government seek out those positions, they seek power. Is that normal or healthy? Are these people sociopaths, especially charming politicians? Their scheming would take place behind closed doors of course, not because they know what they might be doing is wrong, but because they don't want to be caught. That is my two cents anyway, but I am probably more pessimistic than you...lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tide88
[
So do you believe all mass killings are conspiracies. If you go to the link I provided, they are all done by one person. Many of which the numbers killed are far more than any here in the USA.

The guy just said he didn't think they are all conspiracies, you see you don't always look either.
edit on 1-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

well...that's not unfair, or biased, or ignorant at all... -shakes head, while doing the slow clap-

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Take it as you may, but while your denying it please explain the number of “pro-gun” and “look it happens with other weapons too” threads that pop up every time there is one of these events?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

There would be no conspiracies if the powers that be would release the information concerning the mass killings.

But they with hold information, photos, eyewitness testimony, 911 logs, and other things pertinent to the crime.

Why do you think that is? Because it's a conspiricy!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: tide88So my question once again is, why are mass killings only conspiracies in the USA?

In a nutshell...
Because it immediately becomes a embarrassment to groups like the NRA, and their supporters, who then feel they have to justify their stance all over the news media and internet.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Jeepers, I could not agree to that in entirety, and I am 100% anti gun, for many reasons. A conspiracy, if one exists is just that, a conspiracy, wherever it comes from.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tide88
It seems like every time something tragic happens in the USA, we see the internet get flooded with people claiming conspiracy. Nowadays, when someone loses their mind and goes on a killing spree here in the US, there are always claims that someone nefarious is behind it. Whether it be mind control and the CIA, the government, or some other ridiculous theory, apparently no "truthers" believe bad things just happen in the US. Apparently in the mind of these "truthers", there are no crazy people in the USA capable of committing mass murders.

As one can see, I am referencing the USA quite a bit. The reason being is there are rampage/mass killings all over the world, not just the USA? So, why do people here and on other conspiracy forums insist on being armchair detectives only when a mass killing happens in the USA? It isn't like the only people posting here live in the US, many posters here are from all over the world. Do conspiracy theorist really hate the USA that bad?

Most of you are probably are thinking right now " It because most of these killings are happening in the USA and rarely happen elsewhere", so for those who believe that, here are a few world wide mass killing statistics.

Number Of Incidents (Top 5) World Wide:

1. Southeast Asia 142
2. Asia 132
3. Americas (N/S/C) 119
4. Europe 106
5. Africa/Middle E. 88

These above numbers do not depict the number killed, they are the number of individual incidents. It also is interesting to note that most of the killers took their own lives. Here is a source that has many links to the number of victims, when the killings happened, and the end results.

So my question once again is, why are mass killings only conspiracies in the USA? Why do some posters believe that the US killings are conspiracies, but not killings that happen in other parts of the world. Why are the crime scenes in other parts of the world not picked apart like the ones here in the US? I would be willing to bet that you would find the exact same discrepancies in the investigations of mass killings in other parts of the world, that "believers" find here in the USA.
lol, when i look at the numbers related in your op your own hypothesis gets blown to pieces. I wonder what the usa alone is in that stat without mexicos numbers. It is actually very rare these things happen here. Its because its so rare these things just do not make sense. Now that cnn has completely shifted to reality tv but because they stage reality news its like nobody is supposed to notice. So what is happening is that everyones bs meter is deep in the red and nobody believes the cardasions or the jersy shore really, actually represents real life and all of a sudden the news seems to hire more actors than hollywood and ballywood put together and they all seem to know the same words to the exact same song.

I hear they give free houses away to the best actors too. And they get to help with that hope and change thing. Maybe get invited to the white house, maybe meet the prezzy. All for the greater good... the greater good...the greater good...the greater good...the greater good...
edit on 1-6-2014 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

which are a direct response to the idiotic "ban guns because guns" threads that pop up in DROVES, after one of these things goes down.....

pointing out facts, and denying ignorance isn't justification of a stance, or any kind of deflection tactic...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Anyone who has paid any attention to history in the last few decades knows that "official stories" are often wrong. Governments and politicians (be they federal, state or local) have been known to lie, dissemble and cover-up. And the press has also been caught promulgating lies and framing stories to fit specific narratives and agendas. And then there's the blatant propaganda we've been fed throughout the years. These various lies have taken the world down some courses we might not have followed had the facts been available, resulting in deaths almost too numerous to count.

Given that framework, the questioning of any official story seems not only justified but required. And if that means sometimes you question an "official story" that happens to be right, so what?

"Official stories" are not sacrosanct. Questioning them is not some form of blasphemy. And so what if people blindly stick to alternative narratives that many think are silly? It's certainly much less problematic than blindly accepting every "official story". We know the harm that's brought. But it's hard to find any significant harm caused by any number of alternate narratives.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There just seem to be a lot of details that don't add up whenever one of these events occurs. I can't put any stock in the idea that it's all actors and nobody was really killed and the children didn't exist and so on, but it's possible we aren't being told the truth about some of these events.

I think I heard that there were some mass shootings before mk ultra like in the 1800s so studying those might be helpful to try to decide whether or not this is "normal" to happen from time to time. Maybe you could compare the world population at the time to now and see if the number of "crazies" increased proportional to population growth. Though there may be a higher ratio today due to some factors like the invention of stress, anxiety, depression, etc.

I used to have a theory that basically every problem from anxiety to mass/serial killers, and even things like obesity and anorexia are all due to one thing- deep inside, we all know that things are not right in the world. Our subconscious is acting out because of this and it manifests mentally or physically in many ways.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

tried that # once.

turns out that sometimes the drug dealers work for the gubmint in order to pay for off the books ops.

i wish I could just get amnesia or something. knowing what will happen before it happens has led me to a lot of bad predicaments

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I believe that there are hints of conspiracies within all these events, there are just waaay too many inconsistancies for the stories were being fed by the gov./msm to be complete and accurate. That being said, there is a big difference, in my mind, between searching for the truth, and immediately screaming "FAKE!".

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Have you seen what the US Govt has done in the passed to other countries,in secret? THEY are acting like that HERE under cover of a "prgressive" mask. I don't want a war zone.I hope to counter all that garbage,and I am doing so now. By telling YOU.
edit on 6-6-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: clarified a bit.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why are mass killing and sick animals news here more than they are when it happens elsewhere? Easy...It's an easy but sad answer.

The media for the US and a fair % of world coverage on who 'sets' that days news agenda come from the US. From the NYT, to CNN to everything else.

So.. When we have a psycho go postal, it's a short drive for media to overkill the story to the point of being obscene about it. When you're clear out in Asia? Well...They don't want to go that far to cover a psycho when we have home grown ones to choose from.

Like I said, it's a sad reason but I think it's likely the main one.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I'd appreciate it if you'd not bunch truthers up with the crazies.

It's way too late for that.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I used to have a theory that basically every problem from anxiety to mass/serial killers, and even things like obesity and anorexia are all due to one thing- deep inside, we all know that things are not right in the world.

Things have NEVER been "right in the world" and it's not any deeply repressed secret.

What's going on here involves people who for whatever reason believe there is conspiracy behind every single event and who suffer from massive confirmation bias.

In these cases ( and I would include the No Planers) it is difficult to argue with the suggestion that some sort of collective or individual mental illness is involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

What's going on here involves people who for whatever reason believe there is conspiracy behind every single event and who suffer from massive confirmation bias.

In these cases ( and I would include the No Planers) it is difficult to argue with the suggestion that some sort of collective or individual mental illness is involved.

And there are those who for whatever reason chose to ignore the misinformation, lies, false media reports, withheld evidence, and BS official reports. Perhaps they suffer from a rare type of an intellectual constipation malady, prefer to ignore reality in favor of their comfort zone. Denying ignorance can get ugly at times.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

wait, wait, wait....so are you ACTUALLY gonna sit here, and imply that these lunatic spree killers are lunatic spree killers, because they're conspiracy theorists, and/or prepers?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join