It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Confused. Sandy Hook, The Isla Vista Killings, & Other Rampage Killings In The USA Are Conspira

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It seems like every time something tragic happens in the USA, we see the internet get flooded with people claiming conspiracy. Nowadays, when someone loses their mind and goes on a killing spree here in the US, there are always claims that someone nefarious is behind it. Whether it be mind control and the CIA, the government, or some other ridiculous theory, apparently no "truthers" believe bad things just happen in the US. Apparently in the mind of these "truthers", there are no crazy people in the USA capable of committing mass murders.

As one can see, I am referencing the USA quite a bit. The reason being is there are rampage/mass killings all over the world, not just the USA? So, why do people here and on other conspiracy forums insist on being armchair detectives only when a mass killing happens in the USA? It isn't like the only people posting here live in the US, many posters here are from all over the world. Do conspiracy theorist really hate the USA that bad?

Most of you are probably are thinking right now " It because most of these killings are happening in the USA and rarely happen elsewhere", so for those who believe that, here are a few world wide mass killing statistics.

Number Of Incidents (Top 5) World Wide:

1. Southeast Asia 142
2. Asia 132
3. Americas (N/S/C) 119
4. Europe 106
5. Africa/Middle E. 88

These above numbers do not depict the number killed, they are the number of individual incidents. It also is interesting to note that most of the killers took their own lives. Here is a source that has many links to the number of victims, when the killings happened, and the end results.

So my question once again is, why are mass killings only conspiracies in the USA? Why do some posters believe that the US killings are conspiracies, but not killings that happen in other parts of the world. Why are the crime scenes in other parts of the world not picked apart like the ones here in the US? I would be willing to bet that you would find the exact same discrepancies in the investigations of mass killings in other parts of the world, that "believers" find here in the USA.
edit on 1-6-2014 by tide88 because: edit

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'd appreciate it if you'd not bunch truthers up with the crazies. There are some very viable conspiracy theories, putting bull# out there shouldn't discount those... but rather have you question the source of those you don't believe.

Mod Note: It's not necessary to quote the entire post directly above yours.
edit on 6/1/2014 by Zaphod58 because: Snipped quote

It's not but I did. Thanks for editing it.
edit on 1-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tide88

The incidences happening in the USA are followed by laws and actions that take away more constitutional rights of American citizens. Whether or not the incidences are conspiracies or not is of little importance. However, they are used in conspiracies after the fact. The conspiracy to chip away at personal freedom until all is gone.

The data backs up the fact that violence has been decreasing in the U.S. since the 80's. However, we have been losing more and more rights due to the MSM bloating up stories and ignoring actual data. Gun rights, travel rights, rights rights, rights and more rights have slowly been chipped away after terrible events.

Every violent incident is turned into another spearheaded excuse to "take action"(aka take away rights of innocent people).

Do not blame Americans or others for believing that these violent incidences are "conspiracies"...they are simply using reasoning based on past data and behaviors.

The government is like a girlfriend who checks your Facebook and reads all your texts yet won't let you do the same to her. It is in that moment that you know it is her who is more than likely cheating. Do not blame those who connect dots in such a way. After all, the government lies more then it tells the truth.

Edit: Also just to make a note. I very little idea what is happening in the rest of the world. I do know though that there are many conspiracies happening all over from the people I have had contact with. In fact, I had a friend who used to live in Mexico that had to pay off the cops so that he could travel to the city of his destination. Conspiracies are everywhere. The reason the ones in the USA are focused on is because the U.S. is a hypocritical octopus that has it's tentacles in every country's affairs. The petrodollar has caused the world to be victim to any action this beast of nation decides to employ. It is for that reason that everyone is a little paranoid when the U.S. official media(aka MSM) decides to run with a story.

edit on 1-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Do not blame Americans or others for believing that these violent incidences are "conspiracies"...they are simply using reasoning based on past data and behaviors.

The government is like a girlfriend who checks your Facebook and reads all your texts yet won't let you do the same to her. It is in that moment that you know it is her who is more than likely cheating. Do not blame those who connect dots in such a way. After all, the government lies more then it tells the truth....

Very nice response

OP. Do some research and you'll find the reasons why people see a conspiracy.

Here's another for you to add to the list - The number of 'Anti conspiracy' threads being posted on a conspiracy website!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Here's another for you to add to the list - The number of 'Anti conspiracy' threads being posted on a conspiracy website!!!

This isn't a conspiracy website anymore. If it ever was one. It's a political site which tolerates (to some degree) threads on conspiracies.

This is no small thing. Most political sites have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
In fact those incidents that ARE conspiracies and false flag operations are NOT perpetrated by the government but rather by those who benefit from the fear mongering.
As always follow the money.

More fear. We need to get more guns and more ammo.

NRA are the true culprits.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What I fail to understand is why those mass murderers always goes for the innocent people.

Why not take out a few drug dealers or white collar criminals?
edit on 1-6-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: Confusing spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great thread op.

I would warn though, it is a very thin line, and one I have struggled to tread at times.

Discounting any possibility of a conspiracy is just as dangerous as always claiming conspiracy.

What we should really be doing is analyzing these things from all angles. Not to look for a conspiracy, and not to discount a conspiracy, but to get to truth.

Seems, at least around here, people always come in already holding a belief on one side of the fence or the other....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

1. Southeast Asia 142
2. Asia 132
3. Americas (N/S/C) 119
4. Europe 106
5. Africa/Middle E. 88

How many of these were Sandy Hook Style Incidents???

I don't think they're all conspiracy's...
The recent knife attack in China is an example of mad people with weaponry, but when official stories are fishy that equals a conspiracy...
An Asperger's sufferer in his teens killing 20+ people with such precision in its "premeditation" isn't mentally possible...
Which rules out the physicality instantly!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 1-6-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

An Asperger's sufferer in his teens killing 20+ people with such precision in its "premeditation" isn't mentally possible... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why not? Ive worked with plenty of aspies, and they all had one thing in common: an incredible analytic ability.

So why isnt it 'mentally possible'?

im guessing you dont know much about aspergers.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I worked with a guy who had Aspergers for a year not too long ago...
Not in a caring capacity, he was a colleague!!!

Attention to detail was something I noticed... But one thing going wrong turned it into Bedlam...

So for me to believe that it was smooth sailing in killing that many people without the slightest hiccup to derail the process is unreal...

Not to mention familiarity is a big part of analytical ability...
But there were no Sandy Hook practice drills...
It was a spur of the moment, fingers crossed, hope for the best assault...

Most SWAT teams or SEAL teams would have struggled to do what one teenager pulled off...
I don't buy it I'm afraid!!!

Which means those Angels are probably hoping we still find justice for them!!!

Peace Captain!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Every time the perpetrator kills themselves, I end up wondering about MK Ultra style killings -always a young man, looks crazed in the one photograph they have of him, usually but not always was high functioning and seemingly normal before they get set off, and then kill themselves off before anyone can find out what's really going on.

The Aurora killer seems to have thrown a wrench into things. The side by side of the 'before' Holmes doesn't even match up with the red-headed guy, but whoops, he didn't off himself. Meanwhile, the public hears nothing even though he's been in jail ever since. You have to wonder what the public defenders are working with and what this guy who was studying neurology and mind control at high levels had really gotten himself into.

Me, I think the Tsarnaev brothers were patsies (and what about the Craft International guys who were seen on site right before the bombing with backpacks on, and who definitely didn't help the injured), I wonder whether there even was an Adam Lanza, why his death certificate says he died the day before the shootings, and whether another pro shooter was involved, and so on. Too many questions that don't get answered in these things.

It's guaranteed that both the Oklahoma City bombings and 9-11 were nuclear events, though. The chemistry proves it, and it wasn't McVeigh alone, or 19 boxcutter dudes.

The ante keeps getting upped, that's for sure. We're supposed to be afraid, very afraid. And CNN will keep covering these incidents, badly.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

1. Southeast Asia 142
2. Asia 132
3. Americas (N/S/C) 119
4. Europe 106
5. Africa/Middle E. 88

How many of these were Sandy Hook Style Incidents???

I don't think they're all conspiracy's...
The recent knife attack in China is an example of mad people with weaponry, but when official stories are fishy that equals a conspiracy...
An Asperger's sufferer in his teens killing 20+ people with such precision in its "premeditation" isn't mentally possible...
Which rules out the physicality instantly!!!

Peace everybody!!!

there is a list on just school massacres. The issue is, nobody on these sites seem to care to look into the other mass killings, just the ones that happen in the US. It would be interesting to see if the same arm chair detectives that believe Sandy Hook was a conspiracy can find similar clues in some mass killings outside the US.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I worked with a guy who had Aspergers for a year not too long ago...
Not in a caring capacity, he was a colleague!!!

Attention to detail was something I noticed... But one thing going wrong turned it into Bedlam...

So for me to believe that it was smooth sailing in killing that many people without the slightest hiccup to derail the process is unreal...

Not to mention familiarity is a big part of analytical ability...
But there were no Sandy Hook practice drills...
It was a spur of the moment, fingers crossed, hope for the best assault...

Most SWAT teams or SEAL teams would have struggled to do what one teenager pulled off...
I don't buy it I'm afraid!!!

Which means those Angels are probably hoping we still find justice for them!!!

Peace Captain!!!
\

So do you believe all mass killings are conspiracies. If you go to the link I provided, they are all done by one person. Many of which the numbers killed are far more than any here in the USA.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I'd appreciate it if you'd not bunch truthers up with the crazies. There are some very viable conspiracy theories, putting bull# out there shouldn't discount those... but rather have you question the source of those you don't believe.

Mod Note: It's not necessary to quote the entire post directly above yours.

It's not but I did. Thanks for editing it.

I was having trouble figuring out how to word it and was going to put a disclaimer in it to try not to offend other people who post here.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: tide88So my question once again is, why are mass killings only conspiracies in the USA?

In a nutshell...
Because it immediately becomes a embarrassment to groups like the NRA, and their supporters, who then feel they have to justify their stance all over the news media and internet.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Honestly I have been a longstanding member on this site but the OP has a great point...and I would respectfully ask, what the difference between a crazy and a truther?

I would suspect a crazy might be someone who knows little or no facts to the incident in question versus a truther who may know considerably more but thinks something stinks?

I'm personally starting to see more and more crazies on the internet and on this site who so badly want these tragic incidents to turn out to be conspiracies. I would submit that people will always make mistakes in investigations, media reports and the like but that under no circumstance does it mean that a conspiracy is afoot. Now most would argue that it does indicate conspiracy....just know that people do crazy things regardless of public opinion or what's rational.

edit on 1-6-2014 by chrismarco because: god i'm a horrible writer...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
This isn't a conspiracy website anymore. If it ever was one. It's a political site which tolerates (to some degree) threads on conspiracies.

This is no small thing. Most political sites have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to conspiracies.

you are incorrect, sir.

this IS, and always has been a conspiracy site...i've been around since pretty much the beginning...first it was about UFOs, and then the conspiracies surrounding them...and from there, it branched into other conspiracy stuff...

now, it's a conspiracy site, that also has sections for political stuff...

it is NOT a political site.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

because kids, old people, and other similar classes of "innocents", generate better ratings, and create more public outrage.

"today, 4 stock traders were gunned down, in what appears to be a random act of violence" doesn't sound as "sexy" as "HOLY JESUS, A CRAZY GUY, WITH CRAZY EYES JUST MURDEROUSLY GUNNED DOWN A ROOM FULL OF NUNS!"...nobody gives a crap about drug dealers, or "white collar" criminals...most people would probably be happy that the world has less criminal scumbags in it...

it's all about public outrage, and manipulation..

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

let me put it to you this way...it's mostly americans, and some english, talking about these crimes in the U.S.

i don't see russian, or german, or spanish, or really any other large groups of non-americans talking about the things we're talking about....so what you asking basically is "we don't take an interest in what's happening in your country, why don't you take an interest in what is happening in ours?"

can you see the disconnect here?

besides, it's not even an entirely true assertion....we're STILL talking about MH370, and that's not an american matter, but americans are still talking about it, and OMG, we suspect there might be a conspiracy surrounding it...

oh, and then there's this minor thing the U.S. is doing called the "war on terror", where the federal government sends the United States Armed Services to prosecute what is in reality a "war on brown people"...they send them in to blast the bejesus out of countries and people who have nothing to do with anything....but just ask...it's about "protecting our freedom" -rolls eyes- sure, sure....

the reason americans come on here, and talk about suspected conspiracies surrounding events in america, is because this is a conspiracy site, we're americans, there are things happening in america, and ever since kennedy, conspiracy has been FACT here...it's kinda like asking the average american to get up in the morning, and instead of checking the local weather, to call up NASA, and request a weather report of the cydonia region of mars...

it's not to say that we don't give a s**t, it's that we're here, so we talk about what's happening here....especially when what's happening here, can hurt us..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join