It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lewis Katz among dead in Massachusetts Plane crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If I were an important person, I wouldn't fly. Or drive a car that can be electronically commandeered. Or leave my house. I guess before too long I would cease to be important... hmmm...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
For general reference.. This isn't an obituary. That would simply be notice of death to the public at large. That wouldn't be running across the nation's press and headlines for official investigations as to what happened here.

Less than a week before the crash, Katz and Harold H.F. "Gerry" Lenfest struck a deal to gain full control of the Inquirer as well as the Philadelphia Daily News and Philly.com by buying out their co-owners for $88 million. Lenfest said Sunday that the deal will be delayed but will still go through. Katz's son, Drew, will take his father's seat on the board of directors, Lenfest said.

When bidding on the company, Katz and Lenfest vowed to fund in-depth journalism and retain the Inquirer's editor, Bill Marimow.
Source: US News - Sourced back to AP

Sounds interesting. Especially with how much of the media industry is going precisely opposite for direction. I don't know if all that had relation to their deaths but others seem to think it's possible. That's enough to make me curious.

I'm leaning more to this being an accident when it comes to his recent deal going through, since his family/Son is taking over his seat. Unless his Son was on the assassination attempt or was anti what his father was proposing this just doesn't seem to add up for me as a conspiracy.

Note not saying their isnt a conspiracy angle but I think we can rule out the recent deal purchase he made having anything to do with it.
edit on 21630America/ChicagoWed, 18 Jun 2014 08:21:15 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
If I were an important person, I wouldn't fly. Or drive a car that can be electronically commandeered. Or leave my house. I guess before too long I would cease to be important... hmmm...

I also wouldn't buy any nail guns.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Unless he was collateral damage and they were after someone else.

I agree it probably was an accident, but the passenger list and timing raises some eyebrows.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There is an article in Huffington post about the sale but no update about the crash.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I checked the Philly site and there was no news about Katz on the front page or with their search engine?

Sounds suspicious but why disappear this guy?

Any pictures of the crash, the article said the planes ailerons locked up and the plane couldn't take off or stop in time.

edit on 18-6-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

There were some, but I'm on my phone right now. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll get on my laptop and find them again.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's not the final report, but the NTSB released 800 pages of expert analysis, including transcripts from the CVR. It's pretty damming of the crew.

The two pilots had flown for Katz for overt 10 years. One pilot had 11,000 hours, the other 18,000. They frequently traded roles in the cockpit.

According to recorder data, out of 176 flights that were recorded, only two flights showed a full preflight check.

According to a Gulfstream pilot, crews have developed a short cut if they start engines with the lock on, instead of following the company procedure.

With the lock on, the aircraft shouldn't be able to go above taxi speed. This aircraft reached 190 knots.

mobile.philly.com.../philly/news&id=299058691

top topics

<< 1   >>

join