It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's going on with Bitcoin again. Temperature rising...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Idk, for the last few months since the China clamp down on BTC, things have been pretty boring with the markets. BTC was only hovering around 400 (my exchange bitstamp). However, something in the world of BTC must have shifted slightly in favor of the coin. Been watching another steady and sharp incline lately pushing back beyond 600 again. (whew). Last time it was there was back in November when I bought in. Could it hit $1,200 again? That would be nice.
markets.blockchain.info...

Last three days...

edit on 1-6-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I doubt it will be hitting $1,200 again soon. As for this current rally — there's a big red candle on BTC-E at the moment. Did you happen to catch my thread the other day, Bitcoin Market Manipulation Exposed on Mt.Gox? You may find it an interesting read.

EDIT:

BTC/USD on BTC-E

edit on 2014-6-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Not today that's for sure. At the time shortly after my post it hit 683 but has now quickly dumped to 620ish.
I'll read your link.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Eh i believe this recent rise is just normal market fluctuation. It'll pick back up again, then back down. Overall Bitcoin is definitely trending up though!

If you are invested in Bitcoin I think you are in a good spot. I'll put my ass out there and say with some confidence that by Christmas time 2014 Bitcoin will definitely be over 1k again. Might see 1500$ IMO.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Several new drug dealers have replaced Silk Road and many people are stupid enough to use these services. Illegal drug sales are one of the major reasons bitcoin still exists.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

In fact silkroad replaced silk road, but there are some new black markets pushing some transactions.

People love these marketplaces and they will continue to grow, along with bitcoin and a few other cyrptos - if only we knew which!

Edit - by the way - please mr hacker deposit some of your dodgy coins into my wallet - thanks !

1LsQiPAjJ4Fu8hbn43CNbQdrGuxY7bhEGF

edit on 1-6-2014 by Soapusmaximus because: begging!

Oh and very best free bitcoin faucet- free small amounts every hour - get it while its free ! Here's the link - Link
edit on 1-6-2014 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join