It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Tom Ridge Resigns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It is not uncommon for a cabinet to have major changes even with incumbant presidents.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't see Mr. Ridge being one of the 'I told you so' types in the future. The frustration of trying to make kingdoms unite for a common goal had to have been enormous. Every American federal agency is a kingdom unto itself. As the President has discovered in trying to overhaul the intelligence community these agencies have lives of their own.

Ridge will be missed by many. He brought a perceived openness to his position. By helping Pres. Bush form the Department of Homeland Security Ridge will be historically remembered, I hope history is kind to him.

Many Americans saw the Homeland Security department as a move to protect them. While as a secondary measure this may be true the real rationale behind the department was the protection of the nation's infrastructure.

www.dhs.gov...
The National Strategy for Homeland Security and the Homeland Security Act of 2002 served to mobilize and organize our nation to secure the homeland from terrorist attacks. This exceedingly complex mission requires a focused effort from our entire society if we are to be successful. To this end, one primary reason for the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security was to provide the unifying core for the vast national network of organizations and institutions involved in efforts to secure our nation. In order to better do this and to provide guidance to the 180,000 DHS men and women who work every day on this important task . . .�

DHS is a large agency at odds with President Bush's agenda:

Mission(same URL as above)
We will lead the unified national effort to secure America. We will prevent and deter terrorist attacks and protect against and respond to threats and hazards to the nation. We will ensure safe and secure borders, welcome lawful immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce.

America's borders are porous and seemingly unprotectable. Some American citizens are forming vigilante groups that must be seen as threatening to the government as any invader. In Arizona, for instance, local Americans have been investigated for:

aztlan.net murders near the Mexico/Arizona border believed committed by racist anti-Mexican vigilante groups that advocate the "hunting down" of Mexican migrant workers crossing the border.

Other incidents range from massive illegal aliens, Mexican, Iraqi (yes), and other Central Americans to armed soldiers. A story from 2003 still reminds all that Mexico is a sovereign nation. Over a five year period (by 2003) more than 120 incidents with Mexican police and military have occurred on America's southern border.

newsmax.com Rep. Tom Tancredo, chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, said in a May 2002 press release that there were 23 incursions by Mexican authorities in 2001 alone.

Mr. Ridge had to be highly frustrated in his position.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Like rats off the Titanic...

Didn't we call this a while back?

How far back, because if I am not mistaken, it was already known that Mr. Tom Ridge (being he announced this himself) was going to resign/retire. His interests lay in making more money from the private sector. I'm failing to see how this would equate to "like rats off the Titanic"....

seekerof

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Are they rsesinging for personal reasons, dislike bush, or is there going to be a scandal.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Cabinet member resigning on a second term is not uncommon. For example, 10 of Clinton's cabinet members resigned when he was re-elected.

Actually, that's not what the source you provided says. It says that over the course of his two terms President Clinton had 10 of his original cabinet appointees resign. They did not all do so upon his re-election.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think the stuff about "company" was meant to read "country"...

Was this man truly a competent CEO?

Anyone in national security and intelligence charged with counter-terrosism responsibility prior to 9/11 has much to hide, in complicity with the Bush admin. We can only hooe that those that were criminal and criminally negligent are ultimately brought to justice. It is still bizarre to conceive that no single individual lost their job over 9/11 - not Bush, not Rice, not Cheney, nor any other.

More "RATS" to come?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I think the stuff about "company" was meant to read "country"...

Some reports of the email say country, some say company.
Hrrrmm.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by skippytjc
nyarlathotep,

Look at WHO is resigning though. Its all the high level security staff. I could care less about numbers. Its the who that is interesting and scary here. Think: If you are Tom Ridge, what better time in history to makje a difference in this war on terrorism than right now? And hes leaving? Mmmmm......

Maybe I should say: It figures some GWB supporters would say this isnt a big deal...

Look at who remained:

Only his attorney general and secretaries of the interior, education, and health and human services endured all eight years of Clinton's presidency.

So the secretaries of interior, education, health and human services are high level?

I thought the motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance"? What kind of conspiracy is it that a cabinet shakes up a bit after an election. This is normal. Man the hatred out there is brutal.

Here is a secret, don't let the Democrats know that they are losing. That way they won't change anything that they are doing. This ensures Republican victories for a long, long time!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wouldn�t know the reasons for the mass exodus, but I imagine it�s been a TOUGH 4 YEARS. Maybe a little more than some expected, or could handle. When your boss makes policies that upset a lot of people and cause them to dislike him, and you have to carry them out and do the dirty work, naturally some of that dislike will rub off on you, as well. Most people can only take so much scorn and disdain. It could be that those from the 1st term have had it, and wanted no more. Perhaps they knew it would be 4 more bumpy, long years of constant turmoil, and just threw in the towel. Who could blame them?

As far as any agenda for the next 4 years goes, I have a feeling George Dubya definitely has one, and I shudder to think of it. I don�t know if this is the reason for the departure of so many folks from his cabinet, but it wouldn�t surprise me. Especially considering what�s going at the CIA.

Cross your fingers and tighten your seatbelt �

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It is not uncommon for a cabinet to have major changes even with incumbant presidents.

You can say that till you're blue in the face. You can provide facts, links, whatever.

But if it rains tomorrow, you can be sure the crazy lady next door will still blame in on Bush and chemtrails.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's all about money. Tom is going for a top defense contractor job. He's going from making $250,000 a year to a million plus a year. Please.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here's a salute to Tommy:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The day Tom was made the head of Homeland Security, my heart sank because I thought it would ruin his chances of possibly running for presidency someday. He accepted the job and did it for 3 years, which he should be highly commended for, as it took him away from his family a great deal and definately hurt his reputation. I don't blame him for returning to private sector employment and wanting to spend more time with his family. He is a good guy, a vietnam veteran, and I've personally met him. I wish him success in all of his future endeavors.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by esdad71

You can say that till you're blue in the face. You can provide facts, links, whatever.

But if it rains tomorrow, you can be sure the crazy lady next door will still blame in on Bush and chemtrails.

There has been wholesale exodus from this administration, yet you continue the narrow focus on just a few & narrow cabinet roles.....trying, spinning furiously, to force a collective amnesia &say this is normal for a two termer. You too, are joined by our collective media, or more accurately, are fed the same nonsense & regurgitate it here.
You have to look at the overall turnover connected to this cabal, as first outlined here.

Of course, that original list has grown quite a bit since that post; here are some that most people would find interesting:

- Amit Yoran quits his job as director of the National Cyber Security Division of Homeland Security in fustration. He gave 1 day's notice.

- John E. McLaughlin, deputy director of the CIA quits after a big fight with the new CIA chief of staff and CIA Deputy Director of Operations Stephen R. Kappes, said 'I quit' after a confrontation with Peter "Mr. 2000 Selection Mechanic" Goss top aid.

- Paul Gilman,
chairperson of the E.P.A. World Trade Center "Expert" Technical Panel unexpectedly announces resignation.

- Deputy Secretary of State and Iran Contra drug runner Richard Armitage

- Assistant Energy Secretary Jessie Roberson, head of the environmental cleanup program at the department's nuclear weapons sites, resigns.

- Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Combating Terrorism, Rand Beers, resigns in protest of the "Bush administration's loss of focus on the war on terrorism".

- Entire Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel resigns en masse to protest that advice they give isn't heeded.

There is much more, but hopefully, you get the picture: subject matter experts in every area of the "marketing campaign" that had gulliables frothing at the mouth ( i.e. the War on Terror, We nned to focus on Security ), have run away because it's a farce they don't want to be associated with. Even Tom "don't call me blockhead" Ridge reisgned because all he could muster to be with the lack of authority given to him, was a party flack.

But to support this fake war & fake president takes allot of the Officer Barbrady-ism: "There's nothing to see here people, move along"

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I recall the possibility of him resigning being discussed well before the election. One of the reasons i remember hearing was that he has children that are of college age and needs a job that pays enough to pay for their education. Also I imagine the job is quite stressful and 3 years at it is probably more than enough for most people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join