It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Officially Corroborates Evidence For Ancient UFO Sightings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Stother doesn't mention Ezekiel therefore his paper titled "UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS IN CLASSICAL ANTIQUITY" is really not a good contribution to UFO's.

IMO, Ezekiel is indeed a "smoking gun" report, but Stothers' accounts don't start any earlier than 218 BCE. Apart from that, Joseph Blumrich beat him to it regarding Ezekiel. And, by the way, Blumrich also worked for NASA. What Stothers did was to go ahead and introduce new sources, eg. the greco-roman historians and chroniclers, in order to give his research a new 'twist'.

No offense intended, but your criticism is IMHO greatly exaggerated.

I totally agree with this. The Biblical account of Ezekiel is cut from a different cloth than that of Greek/Roman historians. He doesn't say his list is exhaustive.
edit on 6-2-14 by eloheim because: quote formatting

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Every one of you has experienced glitches in your life which can not be explained and only draw ridicule. This world, this reality, is simply not what it seems. We probably did create our God, and it just keeping us in the dark as we want it. Perhaps reality and even pain is better than knowing. Maybe one more minute of pain is worth more than being dead. Perhaps we should stop trashing this place because you know what... the Admin is getting tired of rebooting it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Very interesting article, I only thought that it was one of NASA's prime directory, the search for alien life. Please correct me if I am wrong. So I can understand that this would be on the NASA's server.

And of me getting old, i can only say that i believe in alien life from my childhood and it's only getting stronger. Then again if this is only an illusion, then still I am part of this illusion and so is alien life.

Thanks for the Info.

edit on 2/6/2014 by chrisjemac50 because: type errors (sorry, English is not my native language)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: JadeStar

For those of us in the field of astrobiology, we'd love nothing more than for there to be definitive evidence of alien extraterrestrial life. It would bring NASA's budget back to Apollo level spending if not more.

But the REAL NASA has a huge black budget now, they don't need any 'evidence".

It's so often the double blind, "Hope we find it soon, it would certainly help boost (insert project name) funding."
The 'We' there is not necessarily, 'Us' and boosting any funding, will be just as non-pluralistic, when it comes to the pen and paper scratchy bits.
So I agree, not that I am that cynical about the people in NASA, just the powers that be, and closing ranks. However should you come in contact with a NASA person, get him as drunk as a skunk. I proclaim that a standard Pleb requirement as from now..
and why not? the secret service have been doing similar since Adam and Eve, well not really that was God, wasn't it?
edit on 2-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 2-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r
I believe China will be the first one to announce to the World, life exist outside our world, and they will pave the way for man's future!!
NASA in it's 50+ yrs hasn't found a thing!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
directly from antiquity come to you pdf file www.horusra.com... they not sat down eat drink while pdf not send

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Very interesting report, and the fellow had some viable conclusions. It's a safe assumption that these ancient people would have had some familiarity with normal celestial phenomena, and thus would report something unusual because they knew it WAS unusual.

Rather than assuming people hallucinate the same thing for centuries, I think it's more likely that people are seeing something that's been around a very long time. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Whether it's being from another planet, or something else, it's clear there is something there, that is interested in humanity for some reason, and that reason seems to be not good for us.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Rather than assuming people hallucinate the same thing for centuries, I think it's more likely that people are seeing something that's been around a very long time. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Whether it's being from another planet, or something else, it's clear there is something there, that is interested in humanity for some reason, and that reason seems to be not good for us.
It's not hallucination with group sightings, which means people imagining things (though that could happen with uncorroborated reports which is why those don't carry as much weight).

The sightings probably have a lot of different causes, but I think this case in Salida CO is a good example of people seeing things in the sky that can even be photographed, but I'm pretty sure they aren't aliens. The photographer chooses to think it's "otherworldly" and this isn't surprising, but I'm pretty sure it has a natural explanation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4944e08074.png[/atsimg]

Even today when we have knowledge which can explain such sightings, many people prefer to dismiss such explanations. In ancient times, there's no way people had any understanding of what could cause objects to appear in the sky as in Salida.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: redeyeblue
The skeptics on UFO visitation are losing ground fast, in my opinion it is them with their stubbornly closed minds that are becoming the but of all jokes rather than believers. It seems there could be around 100 million planets in our Galaxy alone that may harbor complex life, has our arrogance expanded based on this fact, to conclude we are top of the intelect tree. ODDS 100 million to one

"With their stubbornly closed minds"....or could it not be said that your mind is too open to every lie going these days? NASA, through every logo and mission patch declares its religion - Freemasonry and Babylonian Judaism. Now tell us, why will you believe that everything coming out of their mouths is true, or as many do, believe that they must 'know the truth' and keep it from us? They are the ones putting out the very information that forms your world view and beliefs. Isn't then using the same group's writings and 'findings' to justify your beliefs actually poor logic and reasoning, and forgetting that their own brethren gave you the original belief in the first place only for their other brethren to come along and "prove" the belief with supposed evidence? Heck, their ritual of a "meteor storm of 1000 per hour", occurring on the 1,322nd anniversary of their daddy Bush Sr's Inaugeration address in which he extolled his vision of "A Thousand Points of Light" and occurring on the 10th day 3 month 22nd day of the comet's "public existence" isn't enough to set off alarm bells tgAt all is not as it seems with this religious institution?

Is it not the case in reality that it is your mind that has opened too far and thus it is your mind being swayed by these men?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Year1

Appeal to numerology? Really, can't you lot do better than that?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MCL1150
I believe China will be the first one to announce to the World, life exist outside our world, and they will pave the way for man's future!!
NASA in it's 50+ yrs hasn't found a thing!

Currently I am seeing an incoming new Cold War if things continue to be like that, if it brings the hidden truths, no matter who does it, that will be a worthy war.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Rather than assuming people hallucinate the same thing for centuries, I think it's more likely that people are seeing something that's been around a very long time.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fact is that people do hallucinate the same thing for centuries. Ever read The Hero with a Thousand Faces? Its a study of how elements of the hero's myth are repeated again and again throughout time and space, and how specific archetypes pop up in cultures with no contact with each other. There's lots of common hardware and software in the human brain that ensures that we do create the same ideas, symbols, demons and angels over and over again.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48 Well that is indeed a pretty amazing job but I'm inclined to think that she would not divulge all the info that she gathers, some of that info could probably put her life in danger if she divulged it to everyday people like us.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: Rob48 Well that is indeed a pretty amazing job but I'm inclined to think that she would not divulge all the info that she gathers, some of that info could probably put her life in danger if she divulged it to everyday people like us.

It's really not like that at all. The space industry isn't some secret cult that nobody can know about. It's not a closed shop. It's commercial, and it impacts everyday businesses that real people work in.

Just one of the aspects I am talking about is satellite insurance. I am sure you are aware how seriously insurance companies take their mathematical modelling: serious money depends on getting it right. When you are insuring satellites, you want the most accurate data possible on what is in orbit and where. We're talking about tracking even tiny pieces of space debris down to a couple of inches in diameter, along with the best estimates of numbers and sizes of objects too small to track individually.

Lots of people are tracking this stuff. Big bucks are spent on it. Believe me when I say that you cannot hide a satellite or a spacecraft in orbit.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How is Ezekiel a smoking gun? Was Moses talking to a burning bush a smoking gun too? Cause the bible's full of all kinds of stuff that many would not take as literal accounts.

I'm guessing NASA wasn't including it because they'd rather not touch Bible as a historical document with a ten foot pole.
edit on 6/3/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: conundrummer

Well, I'm taking Ezekiel's account for what it is: an experience completely out of place and time ... coincidentally, he meticulously describes a fully functional "quadrocopter" with landing gear, heatshield, canopy and someone piloting that thing that just landed in front of him in 592 BCE?

IMO, it's the sum of all those historical fragments that seem to make a strong case for frequent inexplicable aerial phenomena. But you may be right in that Stothers & NASA perhaps deliberately avoided getting too involved with bible accounts and religious subjects.
edit on 3-6-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
It's not hallucination with group sightings, which means people imagining things (though that could happen with uncorroborated reports which is why those don't carry as much weight).

The sightings probably have a lot of different causes, but I think this case in Salida CO is a good example of people seeing things in the sky that can even be photographed, but I'm pretty sure they aren't aliens. The photographer chooses to think it's "otherworldly" and this isn't surprising, but I'm pretty sure it has a natural explanation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4944e08074.png[/atsimg]

Even today when we have knowledge which can explain such sightings, many people prefer to dismiss such explanations. In ancient times, there's no way people had any understanding of what could cause objects to appear in the sky as in Salida.

I agree. Some trickery is possible with a group, but not simple hallucination, unless there is some mirage effect. I never heard of a mirage that looks like some flying craft, either. Misidentification is possible, of course, but some cases are pretty bizarre.

I am sure that a lot of cases are not extraterrestrials, or anything unusual. If people want to see a UFO, they will see one in all sorts of mundane objects. For the more unusual sightings, if they are the same as ancient ones, it's likely the same thing is the cause.

I am not one to assume any and all UFO reports are real. Some are very strange, though, and I think it's possible some sort of entities are involved. I lean more toward demonic that "ET", personally.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fact is that people do hallucinate the same thing for centuries. Ever read The Hero with a Thousand Faces? Its a study of how elements of the hero's myth are repeated again and again throughout time and space, and how specific archetypes pop up in cultures with no contact with each other. There's lots of common hardware and software in the human brain that ensures that we do create the same ideas, symbols, demons and angels over and over again.

I think the reason for that is that things like angels and demons are real, and people see them and report it. Not provable, of course. These "archetypal images" people have, I believe, are caused by common elements.

Your idea is as valid as mine, of course. We can't prove either one.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Year1

originally posted by: redeyeblue
The skeptics on UFO visitation are losing ground fast, in my opinion it is them with their stubbornly closed minds that are becoming the but of all jokes rather than believers. It seems there could be around 100 million planets in our Galaxy alone that may harbor complex life, has our arrogance expanded based on this fact, to conclude we are top of the intelect tree. ODDS 100 million to one

"With their stubbornly closed minds"....or could it not be said that your mind is too open to every lie going these days? NASA, through every logo and mission patch declares its religion - Freemasonry and Babylonian Judaism. Now tell us, why will you believe that everything coming out of their mouths is true, or as many do, believe that they must 'know the truth' and keep it from us? They are the ones putting out the very information that forms your world view and beliefs. Isn't then using the same group's writings and 'findings' to justify your beliefs actually poor logic and reasoning, and forgetting that their own brethren gave you the original belief in the first place only for their other brethren to come along and "prove" the belief with supposed evidence? Heck, their ritual of a "meteor storm of 1000 per hour", occurring on the 1,322nd anniversary of their daddy Bush Sr's Inaugeration address in which he extolled his vision of "A Thousand Points of Light" and occurring on the 10th day 3 month 22nd day of the comet's "public existence" isn't enough to set off alarm bells tgAt all is not as it seems with this religious institution?

Is it not the case in reality that it is your mind that h as opened too far and thus it is your mind being swayed by these men?

Where in any of my posts did I say I believed everything NASA said? How do you know my beliefs? Maybe you should cut down on the youtube videos,your post is all over the place don't know where to start with it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join