It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah Witnesses Urges "Stay Alert"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's been a while since any Jehovah witnesses have knocked on my door, but today it happened. It wasn't the same lady I had my wierd encounter with, a pair of women showed up today and in the three minutes I spent talking to them, I swear it was like getting a sermon from the Department of Homeland Security. "it's near" "stay alert" "it has begun" "be wary" "keep on watch" "last days"

if you truly believed these people you would be locked in your houses glued to the tv screen waiting to see FOX cover the arrival of the horsemen.
anyways I was nice today, listen politely, took their reading material and closed my door. Now while perusing this issue of the WatchTower, several questions arise and I think these people and probably alot of other like them truly believe in this "tribulation".

my questions to anyone who follows the bible or believes in tribulation:

What is meant by "keep on watch"?? Does being informed of world events somehow save you??

How exactly are you preparing for tribulation?

Has it become something similar to "hurricane and terrorism preps"?
Are people really stocking up and securing their property for the end of days??

I really thought this was only the opinion of a small minority, but seeing it in the Jehovah witness publications which reaches millions, I am now wondering exactly how serious are Christians/Catholics, Jehovahs taking all of this???

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I guess the Jehovah Witnesses are using the war in the middle east to bring the end of times to mind.

So if Mr. Bush decide to go into Iran that will mark the biginings tribulation time.

Occurs I don't go for any of that, I beg your pardon.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The JW's are officially the world's largest doomsday religion, having their roots in a small doomsday cult.

This is just SOP for them. Don't worry yourself over it. I just smile and wonder to myself what could lead someone into falling in with these people...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Think about how much that the world has changed since Bush's first term of office. In Jan 2001, no one spoke of 9/11 or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Iran's and N. Korea's nuclear weapons program. All of this has occurred in less than 4 years.

Now that we have the ball rolling, what's next. I can easily see how they think that the end of days is near. The real question is are they right?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
personally, I'm prepared for hurricanes but nothing else. If god is going to come and cast judgement, I don't think any amount of preparations will help anyone.

why I brought this up, is because I am wondering if these people Jehovah witnesses in particular are actually altering their lives and what preparations are they really taking??

the whole verbal exchange was so reminiscent of some of these "terror" threats that it peaked my interest.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have some Jehovah's Witnesses near me who think I am ready for recruiting, purely because I am polite to them and will discuss theology with them.

I agreed to read their Watchtower, if they in turn agreed to read David Icke's 'The Biggest Secret'.

They appear to me to be so 'brainwashed' that I don't think they are really listening to what I say to them.

Currently here in Spain, the country is looking forward to celebrating the Imaculate Conception holiday on 8th December. Work it out, this is not the conception of Jesus, as he would have been born in September if this was so. Reading David Icke's book, the story of this is revealed.

Apparently, when the modern bible was being drafted in something like the 4th century AD, a committee of bishops agreed that Jesus would be purer if he resulted from a virgin birth.

So they all agreed to say Jesus resulted from a virgin birth. Then somebody realised that he would still be tainted with original sin via his mother. They therefore agreed also to say that SHE was the result of an immaculate conception, hence this celebration coming up on 8th December.

You couldn't make it up.

When I mentioned this to the Jehovah's Witnesses, it was as though it just did not compute.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Englishman_in_Spain]

top topics

join