It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video called The Far Future of the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The video is interesting and it opens up discussion about the universe and the need for us to leave earth if we're going to survive. There's a lot of variables not accounted for like new scientific or technological discoveries that could change things up.

I do believe the consciousness of the individual survives death when you look at theories like the Quantum Mind or Biocentrism. However, I'm fine if everything goes black when we die. I still think science supports reincarnation because this earth, us and the conversation taking place now will take place again and again and again in different Hubble volumes or what Tegmark calls a Level 1 multiverse.

A generic prediction of chaotic inflation is an infinite ergodic universe, which, being infinite, must contain Hubble volumes realizing all initial conditions.

Accordingly, an infinite universe will contain an infinite number of Hubble volumes, all having the same physical laws and physical constants. In regard to configurations such as the distribution of matter, almost all will differ from our Hubble volume. However, because there are infinitely many, far beyond the cosmological horizon, there will eventually be Hubble volumes with similar, and even identical, configurations. Tegmark estimates that an identical volume to ours should be about 1010115 meters away from us.[9] Given infinite space, there would, in fact, be an infinite number of Hubble volumes identical to ours in the universe.[10] This follows directly from the cosmological principle, wherein it is assumed our Hubble volume is not special or unique.

en.wikipedia.org...:_Universes_with_different_physical_constants

Here's more about the video.

In a video called 'The Far Future of the Universe' host Joe Hanson discusses how Earth and ultimately the universe might end. He says that within 500,000 years we can expect a climate-altering large asteroid to hit our planet, while in a billion years all life will be gone

In the video called 'The Far Future of the Universe' he starts with the postulation that most people on Earth alive today won’t be around in 100 years.

In 100,000 years the position of Earth in the Milky Way will have changed to such a degree that the constellations will look completely different in the night sky.

Any time in the next 500,000 years, meanwhile, we can expect Earth to be hit by an asteroid large enough to significantly alter our climate.

The video goes out past one quadrillion years from now.

One quadrillion years from now, what remains of planet Earth is pulled into the black dwarf that is now the sun as its orbit decays.

Further ahead from this point, however, seems to be a bleak future for the universe.

‘Anything that remains will be stretched so far apart that it really doesn’t, and isn’t, matter at all,’ says Hanson in the video.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At the end of the day I think the universe has a purpose and intelligent life plays a role in that purpose. The purpose is to process vast amounts of information. So I agree with Professor Tipler that life will always be around in some fashion and maybe there will be some Omega point, or maybe the universe ends like the video says it will end and quantum fluctuation will eventually expand into more universes, Hubble volumes and life.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have been aware since I was a young child that our sun is going to die eventually. We need to be working on becoming a space faring race now. That is not an exam we want to be forced to cram for.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I still think science supports reincarnation because this earth, us and the conversation taking place now will take place again and again and again in different Hubble volumes or what Tegmark calls a Level 1 multiverse.
Except that the multiverse hypothesis is not sequential. That infinite number of hypothetical universes exist right now, just...someplace else. You won't be reincarnated, you're already there.

"No matter where you go...there you are."
edit on 6/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
The video is interesting and it opens up discussion about the universe and the need for us to leave earth if we're going to survive. There's a lot of variables not accounted for like new scientific or technological discoveries that could change things up.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At the end of the day I think the universe has a purpose and intelligent life plays a role in that purpose. The purpose is to process vast amounts of information. So I agree with Professor Tipler that life will always be around in some fashion and maybe there will be some Omega point, or maybe the universe ends like the video says it will end and quantum fluctuation will eventually expand into more universes, Hubble volumes and life.

Mind Blown!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I still think science supports reincarnation because this earth, us and the conversation taking place now will take place again and again and again in different Hubble volumes or what Tegmark calls a Level 1 multiverse.
Except that the multiverse hypothesis is not sequential. That infinite number of hypothetical universes exist right now, just...someplace else. You won't be reincarnated, you're already there.

Good old Buckaroo!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This video reminds me I should just enjoy life and not sweat the small stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
When you say "consciousness survives death".. You think consciousness is an object of awareness.

If this was so: what is the "perceiver" of consciousness itself? ?

In my eyes consciousness is the matrix of the multiverse itself.

"Each and every one of you collectively, thus forms, in this way, a single facet of a multidimensional
crystalline latticework, crystalline matrix that, in and of itself, when combined, may form a portion of
another level and another level beyond that, beyond that, and on and on into what you call infinity. Each
and every one of you, however, contains within the structure of the crystalline pattern, the crystalline
matrix that each and every one of you are individually, the entire, as you say, blueprint, the entire pattern,
the entire template for all of the universes, the multiverse, in that way. Each and every one of you is a
microcosmic representation of, what you call, the macrocosmic crystalline structure of physical reality
as it takes its form from what we refer to as the primary fundamental template of universal
consciousness. Consciousness itself is the template upon which physical reality is structured in this way."

Good analogy for that:

"B: Let’s put it another way. Another analogy that we have used is to think of a grid, spread out long and
flat – lines this way, lines that way (crisscrossing) stretching to infinity. All right?
Q: Okay.
B: Take what you call a shiny ball bearing – reflective surface. Put it anywhere on the grid. All right?
Q: Okay.
B: The reflection of the entire grid is in that ball bearing – the entire grid. All the information – any
information – you could discover anywhere on that grid, you can discover all in that one spot on the
surface of the ball bearing. Understand?
Q: Yes.
B: Everything you call physical reality is only the product of the information that it is, the definition that
it is. One drop is the whole ocean. Whether that makes sense in your physiological reality or not, one
drop contains the entire idea of the information of the ocean, the whole ocean. And it is only a matter of
your definitional degree that makes it seem to be different."

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

If heaven (as theorised by some) is outside of time, i.e. atemporal, then it follows that someone who gets to heaven, is already there before they are born and during their life, as well as after their death.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
But: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
But: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Software.

But that is at odds with the Judaeo-Christian view based upon Job's insistence that: "Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, And whom my eyes will see and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" (Job 26, 27). [BTW, for a very ancient arabic shepherd, IMHO, this incorporates several advanced concepts].

Since Pauli's principle does not apply to the macro scale world, one could assume that macro bi-location should be possible (which lends support to the Kalam Cosmological Argument and conforms to the A-series theory of time).

There are other possibilities for location itself to be looped (a twist in space-time) that would trivially allow for bi-location/multi-location.

edit on 1/6/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join