It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Doomsday By Design -- [STORY THREAD]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:53 AM
"Don't shoot," Sandra said. "I know him."

Everything remained tense.

Sandra and Alan exchanged faces, attempting to communicate nonverbally.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:53 AM
Wooohhaaaa easy there........eeeasssy.
Let's all just take a deep breath and slow down a little.
I helped Dorian with some of the technical problems he ran into, the keypad was one of them.
Just ask him before anyone starts shooting!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:08 AM
Since Ryujin did not appear to be the talkative type John said, " If you will wait one moment I will see if I can get your father on a secure line".

John did not wait for the customary (by now) bow from Ryujin but went to the secure console and dialed the number provided by his guest. A heavy accented person answered the phone and after a few seconds and several switching sounds Ryujin's father was on the line.

"Sir I believe I have someone here who wishes to speak with you".
John passed the handset to Ryujin and continued out the APCs side entrance door for his new guest to have some privacy. APCs were not that large inside; even this newer bigger better one that S.T.U. was given to use was cramped.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:10 AM
Standing ryujin gave a bow to john . thank you .. ryujin spoke briefly with his father then I understand ..

He turned to john .. yes my guess was right.. father told me to give you the envelope . I will return shortly with their representative and the envelope .. think it better you guys wait here theyre spooked enough already .. and apologies for any hassles..
edit on 5/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:21 AM
Sandra's stomach turned.

"He's not here." She told him. "I... we came here after everything happened at school... he wasn't here. I looked for him. I... I don't know where he went."

She swallowed, taking a moment of thought.

"So you haven't seen him, I'm assuming."

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:32 AM

originally posted by: Expat888
Standing ryujin gave a bow to john . thank you .. ryujin spoke briefly with his father then I understand ..

He turned to john .. yes my guess was right.. father told me to give you the envelope . I will return shortly with their representative and the envelope .. think it better you guys wait here theyre spooked enough already .. and apologies for any hassles..

John did not offer his hand to Ryujin but gave a deep bow with eyes lowered. When he straighten up Ryujin was gone like some kind of movie Ninja only without the smoke powder !

"No wonder we shake hands", John mused. "Even though it is a dirty custom it is damn hard to sneak away when you have a grip of someones hand"!

"Envelope, humm"
"Red 9 Red 6 come in".
"Red 9"
"10 mikes"

"Another waiting game but at least no one was getting killed".

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:32 AM
one of those double post things ! sorry!
edit on 5-6-2014 by 727Sky because: double post delete

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
No, I spoke with him day before yesterday, when he brought the keypad over. He was excited once we got it working and told me he couldn't wait to show you the finished result of all his hard work............. when is the last time you saw him Sandra?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:45 AM
As ryujin headed to the bunker he hoped they wouldnt shoot him by mistake .. wonder how they will take it once I explain whats happened.. and what is happening.. makes my head hurt more thinking about it .. what a mess .. with luck they will listen at the bunker..

Arriving at the bunker ryujin realised he didnt know the combination .. picking up a rock he pounded on the door three times then stepped back waiting for them to answer .. hope that someones awake in there ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
"Sue-Lin... you guys can relax." Sandra lowered her rifle, but did not loosen her grip on it. "This guy is a friend of Dorian's. He's alright."

Alan gave her a look, but she didn't see it.

Sandra stared intensely at the man.

"This morning." She told him in a slow, serious tone. "I saw him this morning... and he basically just disappeared."

Sandra blinked. She, Sue-Lin, Alan, and Angus traded eyes.

Then, rifle raised, Sandra walked passed Angus, unlocked the bunker door, and opened it.

She met eyes with Ryujin, and she smirked. Although she was quite relieved to see him safe, she wondered when Dorian would be the one knocking on that door...

edit on Xx45060630AM66 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
"My name is Robbie but most people call me Angus. Glad to meet you all and I would shake some hands but it looks as if they are all occupied.
Really you can relax, I am no threat to you".
Everyone could tell he was directing his comment to the young Asian girl.

"Sandra, did he say anything that might give a clue to where he would of gone today?
I asked the few people I said around town but they hadn't seen either of you".

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
Erm.. nice to see you too .. dont shoot .. have some news about whats going on ..

ryujin took a seat on the ground outside the bunker ..

you should call the others too as they have a right to know as well .. and will need to decide who you all want to represent you .. Ive arrainged a meeting ..

Will wait here.. not really keen on being cooped up inside and may be last chance to enjoy fresh air for awhile ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
Sue-Lin waited until Ryujin and his 'retainer', more like a warrior/protector, were greeted and wanted to talk to Sandra outside. Then she calmly went back to her sleeping bag. She cycled the action of the Steyr to chamber a round, rechecked the safety, and put it by her side. Then she curled up into a ball to get some sleep.

edit on 5/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:37 PM
Sandra gave a last, vacant look to Angus, then stepped outside with Ryujin, lowering her rifle. Alan was staring at her from inside the bunker, while the others seemed more preoccupied with getting some rest.

"The others have a right to know what?" Sandra asked. "Let them sleep. You can tell me, I'll tell them later. What's on your mind?"

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
Church laid there thinking of the insanity that had unfolded in La Nueva Era today. It was like something out of a movie, it all seemed so surreal to him. Like he was a character in a game, the thought made him shudder with repulsion. Now he was lying here on a cold steel floor staring around this bunker and looking at all the weird posters someone had put up.

This has got to be a dream. Dad is dead. He's dead Churchy. What're you going to do, man? This is so messed up... wake up Church, wake up!

If he was dreaming, Church didn't wake up. It was killing him, why the sudden guilt? It just didn't make sense. He had bullied these kids for a while now, some even longer, so why the sudden guilt? He never felt anything before, stuffing them in lockers, bloodying their lips on the water fountain...

I am such an ass, He thought.

Church brushed a strand of hair back from his eyes and remembered the crusted blood. He really needed a shower or something. Not to mention he was feeling more than a bit famished but the thought of moving around terrified him at this point, the thought of disturbing his classmates, drawing attention to himself. In the half-light of the bunker Church gave a wayward glance toward Jackson.

He freaking hates me. I don't blame him, I hate me too. What a tool I was, if there were some way I could fix it I would, in a heartbeat. Why the guilt, Church?

It was gnawing at him, a flesh eating virus tearing away at the soft sticky morsels of what suddenly seemed to pass as his conscience. Was it his brush with death earlier this morning that caused it? That's it! The thought struck like lightning. Death, dad's death. The threat was gone. There was nothing left to prove to anyone, no front to keep up. It was just Church now, his dad was a cold slab on their living room floor. Thinking about it made him feel better, talking it over silently with himself. He had never really been able to hear himself think over the rage swirling through his head, It was actually quite nice. Then out of the blue...

“Jack, you awake man? I... uh... I have to tell you something. Look you don't need to say anything... but I'm sorry man,” Church couldn't help it, he started crying, sobbing he went on, “my dad is dead, you know. He bled to death on our floor. He was a prick, he deserved it. Nobody knows that, Jackson, you know? Nobody knows what a piss-poor father he was,” Church wasn't sure if Jack was even listening but he carried on nonetheless, “Dude, I'm freaking sorry man. To everyone, you were the only one who ever had the guts to stand up to me. I don't deserve to be here man. I'm just dead weight, Jack.”

When church stopped speaking the silence was like to deafen him.

edit on Cpm6Thursday1720141430Thu, 05 Jun 2014 18:17:14 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on Cpm8Thursday2020144730Thu, 05 Jun 2014 20:20:47 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:23 PM
Alan, who had claimed his rightful corner again, was huddled in his blanket, facing away from the others. He heard Church's frantic whispers as he lie there, staring at the bunker's half-open door, wondering what Sandra and Ryujin could've been talking about.

I'm never gonna hear anything they're saying if that blathering idiot doesn't shut up, Alan thought bitterly, still hearing Church somewhere behind him, mumbling apologies to Jack.

A nasty memory resurfaced in Alan's mind, making him scowl underneath the corner of his covers.

Sorry doesn't cut it, Church.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:33 PM
Already awake, unable to get back to sleep since he had already been awoken twice now, Jackson just lied on his side thinking...thinking about yesterday. Mr. Knowles, his father, could he protect his mother and Marcus? Was he capable? There was an overwhelming sense of fear in the air, a fear that Jack had never felt before. His nightmare earlier still loomed in his mind. He hadn't told a soul, but it was really tearing him apart..All those bodies, all that blood...

As he pondered all these things, he heard a voice - "Hey Jack, you up?"

Jack gave out a moan as if to make it seem like he was sleeping, turned around and realized it was Church. Great, this is the last person I want to talk to right now. Jack thought. He gave a blank stare at Church, as if to insinuate "WHAT?"

To Jack's surprise, Church sorta...broke down, right in front of him, and it was intended just for Jack. He laid everything out, apologizing, talking about his father, confessing, riddled with guilt.

Jack's mood changed when he witnessed this. He was actually kind of shocked. He had no idea how to react to what he had just heard. Is this really Church talking to me?? He thought. Confused, Jack sat there, in an odd silence that seemed to last forever.

Finally, he responded - "Uh, hey Church, are you ok? Listen, I...well, sh!t Church I don't know what to say! I'm sorry about your dad. No-one deserves that...My dad might be dead too, I just don't know where he..Look, sh!t happens, the world turned upside down overnight. We've all had to start over, including you."

Jack extended his hand to Church - "Just be easy on Marcus, ok?"
edit on 5-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
Jack's reply seemed to fill Church with a light euphoric breeze. He never really interacted with people like this before. It was a new sensation. All his life he had put down and belittled, just as he was by his father. Passing on the pain, the hurt. It was no one else's fault but his. He could't even really blame his dad. He hadn't forced Church to act the way he had, he simply paved the way.

“Yeah, Jack, no problem man." Said Church shaking Jackson's hand, "I don't think we'll be seeing that side of me anymore. Trust me... Hey, I hope your dad's alright, man.”

edit on Cpm7Thursday0720143530Thu, 05 Jun 2014 19:07:35 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:12 PM
After the decision was made to wait for Sandra all that was left was to either sleep or examine the bunker and supplies in it. For about a hour Marcus examined the bunker's interior. The others Alan, Jackson and Jack's mother slept in the rear of the structure so he wasn't going to disturb them with his examination.

Lots of food, but how many people can we feed with this? Marcus thought. He counted three large freezers and a fridge in the kitchen, plus two bookcases filled top to bottom with canned foods.

"All the comforts of home" he muttered wearily. "Guess I will have to ask Sandra when she gets back how long we can keep this place running." he said to himself finally feeling exhaustion setting in. With a stretch Marcus went back to where the others were getting some sleep.

The door opening woke Marcus with a start. For a moment he couldn't recall where he was, but realization quickly set in. Sitting up he could see Alan and Sandra making their way into the main room. Behind them was a motley collection of some of their classmates and a older Asian man. Besides Sandra he saw Mouse, who looked nothing like her normal self or maybe she was now herself. There was a totally different poise to her almost predatory. The older Asian was with the exchange student from Japan, Ryujin if he remembered right. But the last one standing near Mouse was like a kick in the groin.

"Church!" He spat. Jackson looked back at him.

"You okay Marcus?" he inquired. His brow furrowed in concern.

Marcus looked at Church. His clothes were stained with blood and he had some gun cases in his hand. Church was looking around nervously. His face was pale and he seemed not to be his normal swaggering self.

"Hmm this could be interesting." Marcus mused

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:07 PM
ryujin picked a small wildflower and was looked at it a moment .. thinking true does make it easier and sandra is closest thing they have as leader here ..

then looks up at sandra .. take a seat this may take awhile .. after left earlier heard them playing an announcement on loudspeakers asking for a meeting .. rather than risk any of you went and had a word with them two reasons was safer for me to slip in to talk .. and I hold diplomatic passport meaning I have diplomatic immunity had they done anything theyd have started an international incident ..

Turns out they were lied to as well .. the orders they were given are based on made up information. upon learning theyve been used their commander has had a change of heart and decided to switch sides . I also had a conversation with my father over secure line when was there talking with them theres a manila envelope at my house I need to pick up and give their commander and they would like to explain to the town what happened .. thought it easier bring a representative instead as after what everyone been through most not thinking clearly .. and mobs tend to get stupid .. easier to have a representative meet and safer for everyone .. enough have died on all sides .. we need calm heads now not trigger happy idiots with guns ..

Since your leader now .. accompany me to meet with their commander no need to worry as between myself and gozaimon nothing will happen .. they are more interested in going after those who set them up now than in us ..

ryujin looked at the wildflower he picked to give sandra time to think over what he told her ..
edit on 5/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>