It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 6 American Men Between Ages 25-54 Are Not Working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This does not sound good at all
It doesn't state as to why those men are out of work
Whether they can't find work or choose not to

"There are currently 61.1 million American men in their prime working years, age 25–54. A staggering 1 in 8 such men are not in the labor force at all, meaning they are neither working nor looking for work.

This is an all-time high dating back to when records were first kept in 1955.

An additional 2.9 million men are in the labor force but not employed (i.e., they would work if they could find a job). A total of 10.2 million individuals in this cohort, therefore, are not holding jobs in the U.S. economy today. There are also nearly 3 million more men in this age group not working today than there were before the recession began," the Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee claim.

Source

"Although defenders of the current economy attribute shrinking labor force participation to the increasing pace of retirement of the Baby Boomer generation, these new statistics above confirm a trend that Barron’s recently diagnosed:
'The ratio of those over 55 in the workforce actually ticked up'—in other words, older Americans are being forced to return to work in a poor economy to make ends meet while many younger Americans simply aren’t working at all.

In short, there is an unprecedented supply of working-age Americans who do not hold jobs."

And to see the older Men going back into the work force instead of retiring to make ends meet is definitely not good at all

One minute we're told our economy is on it's way back on track
Then next thing you know, data like this is released implying just the opposite

edit on 1-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

The recovery is a lie and always has been, Brother. We are in a depression (my opinion). The real stats tell the truth, not the manipulated stats we get on MSM.

Following the headlines on shadowstats.com will help you see it (and recognize BS).

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Bilderberg wanted it this way. When you take a few steps back and look big picture it is very clear what is going on.

There has been a consistent nefarious effort to bring down the USA. when a country is targeted by others there are a few things done to 'soften' them up.

1. poor massive amounts of drugs into society -- check
2. flood the nation with disloyal immigrants to dilute and weaken culture/society -- check
3. collapse the economy -- check
4. offshore millions of jobs -- check
5. import millions of workers to lower the income -- check

the number of men out of work is a result of the war against the USA by the globalists. clear and simple.

ANYONE disputing this is a SHILL> or still asleep SHEEPLE.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

The recovery is a lie and always has been, Brother. We are in a depression (my opinion). The real stats tell the truth, not the manipulated stats we get on MSM.

Following the headlines on shadowstats.com will help you see it (and recognize BS).

We never have believed the numbers they cook up....and that's exactly what they do, cook them up
Yet, they'll be some sheeple who will eat up what is dished out to them, without asking what's in it first or will it give me heartburn?! LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I saw this earlier and all I could think of was all the government stats say we are in recovery.. If I had to bet I would say the feel good stats are like many things put out for general consumption... All feel good with little substance to back up the claims. Those who have a job today and are scraping by will be hit right between the pocket book when Obamacare finally kicks into high gear in less than 2 years.

Kinda reminds me of one time at Atlanta when two airliners got nose to nose on a taxiway.. The controller finally saw what had happened and his response was, " you guys got yourself into that so I am just gonna let you figure out how you are go get out of that mess"! The Delta and American captains had to call their companies and have tugs hook up to the nose wheel and push and pull the fully loaded aircraft to a 90 degree taxiway only took about an extra hour for their dumbness.. It kinda reminds me of America lately.. We got ourselves into this mess but unfortunately there is no one to call with a super sized tug....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So many variables that add to young men not have a reason to give a # anymore.

-Prison America that incarcerates many men and ruins their lives forever for stupid non-violent offenses
-Horrible child support structure
-Lack of useful education
-Mounting school debt partnered with lack of matching jobs once graduated
-Medical bills
-Bad credit that prevents them from finding work
-War on Drugs
-Great New Society
-Post military blues
-Daycare babies(generation of young men who had no vertical child development and spent years in isolation with only horizontal peer development)

The list goes on.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

absolutely. just look at the sharp decline in income and society and THEN look at how cheap things used to be.

pay was higher in the 1990's!
and EVERYTHING from houses/rent, food, cars, college tuition was at least 1/3 the price of today..

Automation is partly to blame, but also flooding a country that has less jobs to go around with millions of immigrants WONT do anything EXCEPT lead to 1/6 of men out of work.

How can a country that has ----> technology + automation = less jobs going to improve by bringing in millions of outside workers.?

less jobs to go around for Americans due to automation so, lets keep the doors open so MORE people come in to fight for the less jobs already.

It is like if you dont have enough food for the week, you invite your neighbors for dinner!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I saw this earlier and all I could think of was all the government stats say we are in recovery.. If I had to bet I would say the feel good stats are like many things put out for general consumption... All feel good with little substance to back up the claims.

Just like in the 1930s. The govt via radio/newspapers kept saying year after year that things were 'improving'.

After the depression actually ended, it was acknowledged to have been lies. for over a DECADE of abject poverty the govt kept saying "things are getting better". even though they were NOT.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
An additional 2.9 million men are in the labor force but not employed (i.e., they would work if they could find a job). A total of 10.2 million individuals in this cohort, therefore, are not holding jobs in the U.S. economy today. There are also nearly 3 million more men in this age group not working today than there were before the recession began," the Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee claim
Source

So let me get this straight, you post a thread that is based on what Republicans are saying about Obama, a Democrat, and you want us to believe the sky is falling. Well, if the sky IS falling I'm certainly not going to believe that based on your thread. You may as well have called it "Obama bashing 101". If there's one thing I hate more than a politician of any stripe, it's information based on what one party says that wants us to believe the other is the cause of our ills.....while passing it off as fact. That sucks and so does your thread.

Do you have any idea how many men in the age group in question are just plain lazy?

Do you have any idea that "official" unemployment numbers are based on unemployment claims only?

Do you have any idea how many jobs there out out here? Both skilled and unskilled? There are some jobs that, if they were a tree, they'd be growing moss at this point. That's how long they have remained open.

Do you have any idea how many part-time and full time workers there are out there who get paid cash under the table who also fill out unemployment claims? And those who don't? And how that makes the numbers reported here so off base that it's funny?

Do you have any idea how many companies out there conduct business in such a loose way that their workers can fly under the radar, allowing them to earn a good living without the Govt. knowing anything about it?

No, you don't. But you sure as hell know that "1 in 6 American men are unemployed", and you know that based on information that is

a) nowhere near being the truth, and

b) collected and given out to the American public by people simply doing busy work so they can seem competent enough to the American voting public so they can get re-elected and get paid large amounts of cash by corporations to make bills that favor them. Screwing YOU by virtue of that.

You know who else doesn't know all that? Politicians. There are SO many things about America that those simpletons in Washington wouldn't be able to fathom even if they did know about them. What we do down here on the ground level to get by escapes Washington. That's by design because more and more people are waking up to the fact that Washington is useless, so we leave them out of the loop and do what we need to do for ourselves. All the while they keep putting out info. and telling the MSM what to say, because they think they're influencing us by doing so. Well, one quick look at your OP tells me that it's working on you because you fell for their BS hook, line and sinker.

Wake up. You're reading information collected by people who don't care about you or any other average American. They haven't cared for a very long time now and you want to actually BELIEVE them?

Yes, the economy sucks. It sucks because of automation, foreign outsourcing, porous borders and a whole slew of other reasons that lead directly back to politicians and the corporations who have them right where they want them. They're in their own little self-serving world. But it also leads directly back to the average American who still wants to believe that Washington actually gives a s**t about them, and keeps voting for them again and again. I don't know what's worse, useless politicians or the blind sheep that keeps voting for them. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

I hope you're beginning to understand that it doesn't matter if 1 out of 6, 1 out of 2 or 1 out of 600 men are unemployed. What matters is that WE need to turn to ourselves for the remedy because the doctor is out and he aint coming back.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

What's more, the few jobs that 40-50 year olds don't take (Which are intended for 20-30 year olds) are being properly given to these younger folks, however, they are being grossly under paid simply because they are "Young". In some states, the living costs are so high that these young folks literally cannot survive (Aside from food, gas, basic bills to stay competitive in today's world, such as internet, car, insurance, and cell phone + plan). Many are being forced to live with their parents. It is an absolutely abominable cycle going on in the world today.

edit on 2-6-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Does it take into account people that make their money online?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

Bilderberg wanted it this way. When you take a few steps back and look big picture it is very clear what is going on.

There has been a consistent nefarious effort to bring down the USA. when a country is targeted by others there are a few things done to 'soften' them up.

1. poor massive amounts of drugs into society -- check
2. flood the nation with disloyal immigrants to dilute and weaken culture/society -- check
3. collapse the economy -- check
4. offshore millions of jobs -- check
5. import millions of workers to lower the income -- check

the number of men out of work is a result of the war against the USA by the globalists. clear and simple.

ANYONE disputing this is a SHILL> or still asleep SHEEPLE.

Wow, that doesn't leave much left to debate. You say that this is an orchestrated plan to destroy a country, there is a certain few things that are done. What other countries was this plan used on?

ETA: Not to say that there isn't something wrong with the economy, I just feel like this is the result of unchecked greed, corruption, and shortsidedness and not so much a result of a grand conspiracy.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join