It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The problem in a nutshell.
Collaborative writing is also known as "group writing".
We work together, engaging one another. We use our roles to bring in the other members and help them contribute to the over all story.
Each and every post should be read and the next person should build off of the last post if it does not go against the main story line.

Case and point...
Sandra hears James whimpering and she starts having some kind of flashbacks. She starts to freak out and moves to the back of pack.
Angus notices that James is starting fall behind. I know that Angus's charisma and strength may be too low to deal with James due to things that were mentioned previously.
Angus asks Alan or Marcus to scoop him up. They have the appropriate stats to do so.
I engaged them and waited for their response.
Sue-Lin takes control of their characters, uses them as scouts and plays their role for them, how she wanted them to respond.
So I had to backtrack on my previous post and come up with an excuse as to why Alan and Marcus did not respond to Angus"s request. In the story they simply didn't hear Angus
If permission is given before hand, then it's not a big deal.
Yet in collaborative writting each of us need to engage with the other characters to build the story, working together to boost one anothers post.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

That is true. I was trying to help others to grow their characters, to give them something to interact with. If I should not do so then I apologize. It seems to me that moving through a dessert region then the most talented in that environment would try to do that.

Like, 'We need to find some food.' 'How about the dead cat!' I thought that bit was very funny and at the same time very real world.

P

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Sounds good to me .. from how you described him was expecting him to be there .. will let night answer as its her story but it does fit well into the storyline ..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Come on! .........
WRITE PEOPLE!! Lol

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hehe.. will be little while before ryujin appears in story .. already got it worked out with night ..
Meantime enjoying seeing how everyone else is fairing overall .. great job with angus like how he managed to handle james on the run to town ..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Did you mean for Sue-Lin to ask Alan about the RC toys or Angus?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Hehe.. will be little while before ryujin appears in story .. already got it worked out with night ..
Meantime enjoying seeing how everyone else is fairing overall .. great job with angus like how he managed to handle james on the run to town ..
Thanks! Waiting on Marcus and Church to make it to the conversation.
Wish Wookie would make another char and join in as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Did you mean for Sue-Lin to ask Alan about the RC toys or Angus?

Sorry, edited it now. Now we find out if the stories are true and preppers have lots of neat stuff. We could make chlorine gas but ..... perhaps not!

P

edit on 13/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Was talk with wookie about it but at present he tied up with real world stuff and doesnt have much time at moment ..welcome .. true curious here what marcus and church have to say to .. think hangedman13 was in earlier ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
*YAWN* ... I'm awake!

Sorry, been up for a long time, dozed off...

Off to the story~

EDIT; I wanted to add that I'm glad we can have a debate without anyone quitting the story. I'd hate to lose any more characters, and this story is unfolding into something amazing that we all lent a hand in creating.

edit on Xx65810130AM61 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ohh, a sliver of Robbie's back story... yay!

Deep thought! I love it!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
*hands ya coffee*
Hope you had a good sleep ..

Nah .. we got things sorted in civilized manner .. now its time to move forward ..
well still at wee bit of brick wall but thats cleared some seeing the new chars you added .. gave me couple ideas and brought back some fun memories of visits to ireland years ago ..

edit on 14/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/6/14 by Expat888 because: Cant type today ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Really? I wish I could visit Ireland...

Despite the Irish blood in my veins, I'm terrible at doing an Irish accent. That's why I'm listening to Rocky Road to Dublin on repeat until I have it down. Its helping a lot with writing Seamus's dialogue.

Also, I just noticed the post on the last page...

Yes, Marcus may have some family in the NAR. It would make sense, Marcus hasn't revealed anything about his family, and even if they weren't preppers, Los Oculto was the only place they could have stumbled upon and survived. If they're alive, they'd be in Los Oculto.

I hope some of you guys are still online.

I didn't mean to sleep so long.

Thanks for the coffee!

edit on Xx63320230AM62 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Welcome ..
Its beautiful countryside there and calmed down alot these days for a time had worked in a clinic in belfast then ended up down in kells to unwind .. people there all were friendly was many a night spent at the pubs drinking with the locals ..

You might try listening to tommy makem and the clancy brothers youll definetly pick up an irish brogue from them .. some great songs too ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Noted!

Alright... I have to do a few status checks here... everyone's getting assignments for the battle.

Alan and Angus are expected to build landmines and tweak some RC planes. That would be a difficult intelligence check, and a moderate perception check.

Angus has an 8 out of 10 in intelligence, and Alan has a full-on 10. Alan's intelligence meets the difficult requirement, but his perception is lacking a few.

Angus, however, passes the perception check with flying colors. So, if they're working together, then they succeed, because their perception-intelligence is evened out. If they tried to do it alone, however, they'd likely fail.

Church, Marcus, and Sandra are going to be taught quite a lot about guns and defense, and I'd have to say that in order to learn things properly, you'd need to be perceptive and intelligent.

This will be a moderate intelligence-perception.

Sandra has only 5 in perception, but because her intelligence is entirely maxed out, she passes. Her extra intelligence points even out the points she's lacking in perception, with a single point to spare.

Church has a 5 in intelligence and a 6 in perception. So, in order to grasp everything that's being taught, he may need some help from Sandra or Marcus (or Carol, lol).

Marcus has a 7 in intelligence and an 8 in perception, so he passes with a point to spare. Since his perception is higher, he will be very good at grasping the details of the lessons, and he'd be a very good person to help Church.

Carol has a perception of 7 and an intelligence of 9, so she'd be a good teacher too, once she learns the stuff.

Sue-Lin will be planting the mines outside, avoiding any attention from whoever might be nearby. That's a moderate perception-agility check.

Since she has 8 in both, she will succeed in planting the mines as quickly and quietly as possible when the time comes.

I'm posting all these stat checks right now so that everyone knows the stat results before anything is written. I need to make a habit of posting the stat checks ahead of time, as it will help us to avoid flukes in the story line, and I son't be rushing to line up the stats after something's already been written in the story.

So, whenever anyone wants to make an action and they suspect it might involve stat points, post it here first and I'll break down the stats.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sounds good ..
Just read the last part you added .. i like james the little guy has strong fighting spirit can picture him complaining because nobody will give him a shotgun .. well done

Can also imagine the mischief he comes up with too..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The morning of the story is going to start with everyone being woken up at the crack of dawn, off to practice shooting or do whatever else they'd planned on doing. I'm going to vaguely lead all the characters where they ought to be, and you guys pick up from there whenever you're online.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Sounds good .. got snacks handy to watch the upcoming battle and how everyone does in it .. dunno why but for some reason keep picturing little james with a slingshot next to sandra shooting rocks at the badguys .. probably due not much sleep here the brain does funny things after awhile ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Sounds good .. got snacks handy to watch the upcoming battle and how everyone does in it .. dunno why but for some reason keep picturing little james with a slingshot next to sandra shooting rocks at the badguys .. probably due not much sleep here the brain does funny things after awhile ..

Awww... that's adorable.

Little James should have a slingshot. Better weapon for him than an actual fire arm or a blade... cause he's a wee wittle laddie.

Gettin' ready ter' write me summore Irish speak.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There we go...

Everyone, pick up whenever you want, the floor is yours again.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join