It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

A good question. It happened almost immediately after the bell rang. Jackson was 10 minutes late, and on his way to school he was shot at. It was a journey just to *get* to school.

The main story is here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just insert yourself in whenever you feel like it!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

No I mean how long the school year has been going! Don't want my dude to not really know anyone but your character. I am just waiting for the go ahead to start, I read what has been posted and I like what I saw
I hope to play in this story it gives me a bit of the old Red Dawn vibe.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ah I see. To be honest I really don't know how far into the school year we are. XxNightAngelusxX would be the one to ask about that, she's the main story writer.
edit on 2-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I figure that at least I can use your character as a spring board for knowing and maybe befriending a few other characters. Once XxNightAngelusxX can give me that little detail about how long they have been in school I can run with it. I asked you for permission because I can see that the way you described yours would fit into the type of person mine would respect. It's funny trying to think in terms of a 17-18 year old.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Sounds good to me, I think it will work well.

Hopefully XxNightAngelusxX can return soon to answer your question!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
School has been in session for about a month.

My character has attended the school for two years, so she's well adept to everything in the school and the town, despite her usually antisocial disposition.

Really excited we have more people joining! I'll answer any and all questions asked.

Ima check out the story thread now.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Could someone tell us what the terrain is like in this part of the US. I am assuming dessert but is it rocky with ravines for some cover or is it just flat like a pancake. I wouldn't care for flat much

P

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Please see the updated OP.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Could someone tell us what the terrain is like in this part of the US. I am assuming dessert but is it rocky with ravines for some cover or is it just flat like a pancake. I wouldn't care for flat much

P

Pics of the Mojave Desert

^ Check out that link. The Mojave Desert is mostly flat, with some hills and structures. Also, we aren't in the MIDDLE of the Mojave or anything, we're on the sidelines of it. So, there are going to be phases or regular terrain too (green grass, trees, and moss). Its going to transition between dry desert and regular land depending on which direction we decide to travel later.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Thanks. It is what I expected. If anything is wrong with what I am doing, please let me know. This is my first time in role playing. I hope Sue-Lin's Dad is an OK addition. If not, I guess I would have to kill him off but I thought it may be good to have someone, outside of the group, protecting them until the kids get up to speed with weapons and tactics.

P

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Right.

I'll be playing Church Boone.

He us known as the bully in school. (I'm assuming Jackson doesn't like him) but in truth he is a soft-hearted young man that maintains a hard facade to keep others from knowing just how broken he feels.

His father is a pastor at the local non-denominational church but is something of a hypocrite, enjoying his booze and has been unfaithful to Church's mother several times. Church's father is also physically abusive toward him. His mom left his father last year and church only talks to her through email.

Strength-7
Perception-6
Endurance-8
Charisma-4
Intelligence-5
Agility -5
Luck-5

Name- Church Boone
Age-17
Gender- male
Disposition- acts big and bad to cover up his frail emotional state, your typical bully. Willing to work with others if he needs to. Overall he is actually a good kid but very troubled.
Appearance- shaggy sandy blonde hair with a light dusting of freckles across the bridge of his nose. Fairly large for a lad his age and strong to boot.

If anyone has questions or aspects of church that should be altered let me know!

Also, this is my first collaboration but I am an avid roleplayer, any pointers would be much appreciated. Let me know when I can post!

edit on Cam2Tuesday4920145530Tue, 03 Jun 2014 02:49:55 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: rookie mistake

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You left out Agility and have 5 points spare to put on it.

P

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
My english rusty these days .. (use native japanese .. mandarin and vietnamese in real world .. ) but looks interesting and good way to brush up my english .. at present sat out by river watching my cormorants catch tonights dinner and working out a character.. will post stats and background later today once get them worked out.. hope my english understandable bit self conscious about it ..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Then may I suggest a character who uses English as a second language.

Perhaps an exchange student from ? Stumbles into the group? "Herro, WTF is happening. Is tis like July 4th cerrabation?"

P

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

lol, ROOKIE MISTAKE!

shame on me, especially considering I love fallout... sigh.

Thanks, P

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Am I free to post whenever?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Thanks. It is what I expected. If anything is wrong with what I am doing, please let me know. This is my first time in role playing. I hope Sue-Lin's Dad is an OK addition. If not, I guess I would have to kill him off but I thought it may be good to have someone, outside of the group, protecting them until the kids get up to speed with weapons and tactics.

P

Nah, it makes sense for your character to have family. Just try to keep it moderately realistic (we can stretch logic to a certain extent, but I still want all of our characters facing challenges). And no worries, this is only my second time hosting a role play.

I barely know what I'm doing either.

@ CagliostroTheGreat

Also, this is my first collaboration but I am an avid roleplayer, any pointers would be much appreciated. Let me know when I can post!

I really enjoy your character. And I must say, this is turning out very differently from the original story (this collaboration is based on a book I'm writing). This collaborative Doomsday By Design is sort of an alternate world compared to the one I'm writing. And I'm ending up with a very different group than what's in the original story.

But I REALLY like it!

Its more challenging to have Sandra involved with new and different people. Hell, I've recycled Sandra through other stories (fanfics and a graphic novel), and I must say, I am putting her through utter hell.

Also, you're free to post whenever you like now that you have your stats posted. Your Agility is 5 points, I'm gonna assume. Your character may start out in the bunker, where Sandra took her fellow classmate(s), or you may just be wandering around town and run into one of us. Sandra, Jackson, and Sue-Lin are all outside of the bunker and traveling about right now, so its not so crazy to think you'd run into one of us.

@ Expat888

I agree with Pheonix, have a character who's second language is English. You'd be totally in character! Looking forward to seeing your stats soon. If you or anyone else has questions about where their character ought to start, just let me know.

I'm working on the novel AND the collaborative right now, so I apologize if I'm taking too long to update. Enjoy! Keep reading and writing!

EDIT;

Am I free to post whenever?

Yep! Once your stats are posted, you're free to participate.

edit on Xx25920230AM62 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Okay cool.

Church is at home when tshtf so I will start there and evolve his story organically based on what I work out regarding other characters actions. Posting in a sec!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You're not supposed to have any control over other characters, their speech, actions, etc.

Sorry

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

No probs. I'm scratching my head a little but OK I'll wait and see how others do it.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join