It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I've noticed that in the story threads you can go back and edit, like a day later. ATS doesn't normally allow it in regular threads, but I've been able to go back that long in the story thread and edit...

Could be just a fluke I've been experiencing but it doesn't hurt to try if there is something more you want to add (to your last post in chapter 1.). Just my 2 cents.

edit on 8-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
It would be better IMO to move the evacuation of the teams thread to before the chapter 2 post.. Dunno if anyone or mod has the horsepower to do that but it would button up chapter 1 in a more tidy way... I realize this is not brain surgery and maybe I am getting to fussy but it makes sense to me...

I think everyone put it together, don't worry.

I'm trying to keep the story moving along. These kind of stories tend to die out pretty easily if they aren't updated regularly.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Wow didnt know that will have to remember thanks wookie

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There are a few posts like that. If they can be moved, great, if they can't, so be it. Someone at the end could always edit the whole thing. Would not take that long with two screens up, it would just be a lot of copy and paste.

P

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Sorry its taking so long.

I ended up making a midnight snack-run for me and my fiance and friend. When I got back, the page had refreshed somehow, and I lost everything I wrote.

Rewriting it now!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Ouch! That sucks..Used to happen to me a lot too, so I started writing long stuff in word pad first. There's nothing worse than losing something it took you forever to write..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Ouch .. no worries ... been write out by hand then copy that when post .. snacking on mango at moment here .. hehe no stores out here get fresh from tree ..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm having to post this in two parts.

No one must interfere with the events. This part is crucial.

Wait for part two, then jump in.

EDIT; All done!

edit on Xx71730330AM63 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Also, just to be clear, Alan was the only one who noticed her leave.

I'm sure they'll all notice when they wake up, though...

And, I added 7:23 to the end of the second panel to indicate when everyone started waking up. Alan ought to be up for interrogation soon. Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Did Sandra take the bike or is she on foot?

P

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Its getting good .. great job guys curious to see where sandra ends up .. hopefully she make it there ok .. also hope jackson and his mom have luck finding his dad ..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Ok, Jackson has been killed. I have given Nightangelus all my permission to do whatever she wants with his mother, Carol, and his father Gene, should she choose to continue that saga.

I'm going to keep reading however, everyone in this thread has great writing skills and I will be interested to see where things go!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Ok, Jackson has been killed. I have given Nightangelus all my permission to do whatever she wants with His mother, Carol, and his father should she choose to continue that saga.

I'm going to keep reading however, everyone in this thread has great writing skills and I will be interested to see where things go!

Poor Jackson.
Poor poor guy, his mother will have to visit the (Wherever you buy booze in the US) Very sad!

Or maybe she gives it up and mothers everyone.

P

edit on 8/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Epic death scene.

Sandra's depression and Alan's conflict, Jackson dying and his mother having to deal with his loss... holy crap, things are getting real and sad.

I LOVE IT!

Also, she left the bike because it was low on gas, and she knew there's no way to get anymore gasoline now, due to the oil depletion. She's on foot.

link   
Why kill off jackson ???? Had been looking forward to see more of him as the story progresses .. didnt expect any of the main char to get bumped so fast ..

link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
]originally posted by: Wookiep

Or maybe she gives it up and mothers everyone.

P

That would be pretty cool!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Why kill off jackson ???? Had been looking forward to see more of him as the story progresses .. didnt expect any of the main char to get bumped so fast ..

I had started to struggle writing certain things because of where the story went about half way into chapter 1. Ultimately, I just didn't expect what it had morphed into. I still like the story, which is why I'm still going to keep reading! The style just doesn't fit with what I was going to initially incorporate into it with Jack, however.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
Epic death scene.

Sandra's depression and Alan's conflict, Jackson dying and his mother having to deal with his loss... holy crap, things are getting real and sad.

I LOVE IT!

Thanks! I had hoped it could add an element of realism to the story, also it could be used as a very valuable lesson to the rest of the group. (If his mother makes it back to share the story, that is. *wink, nudge*)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
Epic death scene.

I LOVE IT!

Thanks! I had hoped it could add an element of realism to the story, also it could be used as a very valuable lesson to the rest of the group. (If his mother makes it back to share the story, that is. *wink, nudge*)

I'm working on a reply to Jackson's death, no worries.

Carol's gonna get real. *Return nudge wink*

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Nice writing! That was a good death!

Revenge though is an interesting thing.

P

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join