It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Who's character is Alan or is he an NPC?

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Who's character is Alan or is he an NPC?

P

He's an NPC.

He's a character from the original story I decided to add to the collaborative. Sandra has other student friends in the original story, but I didn't add all of them, because... well... the collaborative was meant to fill in those character slots, y'know?

I chose to add him because he's basically Sandra's opposite, and the way they act with one another is very important for revealing Sandra's true character. Plus, they have a deep friendship, even though they butt heads a lot. Sandra's love interest and African American friend were left out of the collaborative because they didn't offer these character revealing benefits.

In the original story, Sandra escapes the school with Alan, and two other friends named Arcus and Darius. An English exchange student, and an African American buddy of hers. But, since the collaborative is composed of the students from her class, those two characters didn't seem entirely important for this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

So I can use Alan now and again? I have plans he he. I liked the dream, explains a lot. Sue-Lin will have to extract that info from Alan.

I will keep him in character of course.

P

edit on 7/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So I can use Alan now and again? I have plans he he. I liked the dream, explains a lot. Sue-Lin will have to extract that info from Alan.

I will keep him in character of course.

P

That's cool, just don't have him do anything too huge.

I'd like to retain control over him simply because I have some plans too (he he). But, as for he and Sue-Lin bonding, I am all for that. Sandra's gonna be poking fun at him over this.

EDIT; Sorry if I'm sounding pretentious. Alan is an important character to me simply because of how contrasting he is with Sandra, and they still have such a close friendship despite that.

Also, I'm about to write the breakfast pass-the-document-around-the-table stuff, then the transition into chapter two. Have you got anything else to add? Cause we're about to leap through time.

edit on Xx60480830PM68 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No I am fine. Sue-Lin should be developed enough for everyone to work with her. Go for it.

Remember the folder is on the counter under the tape recorder.

P

edit on 7/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
AAAAND we've finished chapter one!

Give yourselves a round of applause, people.

I mean, HELL, that was amazing! We've done amazingly!

And guess what? The challenges haven't even STARTED yet!

I'm going to post the into for Chapter 2 soon.

Watch for it!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Morning all ..
Great job on chapter 1 .. ryuijin going to remain in background a couple chapters to give the others time to do things .. and curious to see the reactions as they all read over the documents .. looking forward to see what chapter two has in store for them ..
edit on 7/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So do we continue from there or do we make a time jump forward one week. If the time jump then we are getting close to being out of food unless we went to half rations.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So do we continue from there or do we make a time jump forward one week. If the time jump then we are getting close to being out of food unless we went to half rations.

P

There's enough food to last them about a month.

Dorian planned for himself and Sandra to have a three-to-six month supply, but since there's a lot more people, its only gonna last about a month. No worries, everyone will have an excuse to leave the bunker pretty soon anyway. I'm writing the time-jump now.

edit on Xx60690930PM69 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Chapter two has started.

This would be the time for the characters to interact socially before the bunker opens again. Don't worry about how the bunker will open, that's a surprise. This will be their last day in the bunker, but none of them know that just yet.

Jump in, guys!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
May throw in a brief scene at ryujins house .. not sure still going over it your intro to chapter 2 gave me an idea .. just worry it would not make sense to the main story/plot .. hope making sense ..
edit on 7/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

You may as well. I would like to see what he has been up to for the past week.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I apologize in advance for my ignorance...

Exactly what are you expecting Sandra to tell everyone? I'm very sorry if I forgot something important (I'm working on the novel and the collaborative at the same time, it gets a little confusing). I figured the documents held whatever secrets needed to be told.

EDIT; Is it the death of the world that needs to be told? The bombs, government vanishing, special forces falling apart, disease spreading, etc? That's the only thing I can think of.

edit on Xx646101030PM610 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
AAAAND we've finished chapter one!

Give yourselves a round of applause, people.

I mean, HELL, that was amazing! We've done amazingly!

And guess what? The challenges haven't even STARTED yet!

I'm going to post the into for Chapter 2 soon.

Watch for it!

I am going back through the story thread and giving everyone who took the time to post a big fat star.. Better than a sloppy kiss IMO

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358 hes sitting in a big chair petting a fluffy white cat mwahahahaha .. nah .. he's been keeping busy ..
oops edit time .. writing it up now .. still working on it ..
edit on 7/6/14 by Expat888 because: minor correction ..

edit on 7/6/14 by Expat888 because: typo..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Do you want Sue-Lin to spill the beans or should I wait for Sandra to think some more.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Do you want Sue-Lin to spill the beans or should I wait for Sandra to think some more.

P

I'd say, if you're determined that everyone know, go ahead and spill the beans, because Sandra doesn't want to give them any more bad news after what's already happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Where'd everyone go?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Am around .. just added the filler bit at ryujins house ..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is up! I can change anything if your not happy. I kept it generalized, just covered how Sue-Lin gets all of her information which is why it is Australian heavy.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join