It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE Violated Rights With Prolonged Detentions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yet when we point out these problems we get called names. Like don't people have any common sense anymore?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

While I can see that you are trying to bring a valuable point to the issue of incarceration without due process, this article is something totally different.

Actually after researching on the cases of illegal immigrants and the US laws concerning the illegal entry into US soil, I actually do not see anything that has to do with improper handling of these illegal immigrants at all. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, if this wasn't actually about a case in Federal Court ruling on the matter of length of detention, please explain for us what the Judge's order and comments pertained to? I'm at a loss....

"Such detention is an emotional and physical ordeal for class members and is particularly severe for those who have colorable claims for release on bail during the pendency of their removal proceedings," he wrote.

Ponsor ordered the government to provide timely bond hearings to the class members, who must also be notified of the lawsuit. Ponsor also ordered the government to submit a report detailing the bond hearings held before the order by July 31.
Op Link

It wasn't just one guy. This was suing on behalf of the class, by the sound of it. It seems to read clear on the points and generally speaking, Courthouse News is a legal/attorney type site to keep up on the latest items of interest in the nation's court system.

So I'm really just missing where they got this entirely wrong on interpretation of what the Judge was ruling on here?

interestingly most illegals will brake the law over and over again coming back into the country after deportation.

What does that have to do with whether someone gets their initial bond hearing for 12+ months while sitting in custody?

Lately illegals has been asking for special treatment that only legal American citizens are entitle too.

A few people seem to consider this special rights. Well, in the context of the world? Yes, I suppose it is special. In the context of the United States and what OUR standards of rights to people have been (Citizens OR NOT)? It's not special..It's just doing the right thing and keeping faith to what our values in this nation are. That's how I see it.

A man being illegal for immigration doesn't make him subhuman for basic rights of due process, which is all this is about from how I read the actual case being reported on?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

You know Wrabbit, this article could just be a propaganda issue in lieu of the upcoming immigration debates in congress.

Sometimes things are not what they seem.

Sorry If I confused you with my post, but the more I read on this article the more I am inclined to been nothing but a sensationalism piece from the source of the article, occurs not you.

edit on 2-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
An unintended consequence might be that others thinking about coming to the US illegally may reconsider the wisdom of that decision if anything like this awaits them.

On a personal note, I don't give a rat's bum what happens to people here illegally. The more miserable they are the less likely they are to stay. So long as there are Nations we must have laws and no one should be able to pick and choose which to enforce and which to ignore. It chaffs my butt to see politicians sidestepping the law for any purpose whatsoever.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join