It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Richardus

originally posted by: Beyond Creation
What is the meaning of life?

Biologically: procreation.
can't fault that

Spiritually: to experience everything towards full knowledge and then cease to exist, before reëxisting in a new world for a new cycle
May I ask what is ''full knowledge'' and what happens in between ceasing to exist and re-existance?

Ultimately: to end.
The meaning of life is to end...?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

you're right to say it's a meaningless question. your answers are rather riddled and wrong however. the reality is that there is no real meaning in asking any questions. i perceive like this "reality is > senses take in > understanding is granted or not". truth is reality. symbols/words/reason/conversation are representations of reality. to make a symbol of something, you separate it from everything else. you perceive a separation, and those who see it, perceive that separation. "clouds/air/water"/"solid/liquid/gas". those divisions can be shown to be illusionary/arbitrary when you can observe every shade/transitional state in between. how silly for men to divide their emotions up into some sort of spectrum when they can feel many things at once. the man who divides something that may be of infinite complexity, cannot understand it.

i see that you're pointing to a god, so i will just say that's a word i would call entirely schizoid; for it has never been observed by the senses, and the concepts that are used to connect senses with knowledge has been taught to you.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: username1

Although to some my message appears riddled, there is much meaning and truth. That I began with a meaningless question, yet one of great depth, is to offer perspective; not, however, to provide an answer.

I'm afraid the only thing silly about emotions is considering them to be infinitely complex. There are only a few emotions. Some believe that there are only three types of mind-state..

Understanding

Not Understanding

Sleep

Not understanding leads to a '''spectrum'' of expressions of fear, depending how you deal with something, and who, what or when is concerned.

Understanding also has the same equation but the emotions and results are lovely. P

Sleep... to be honest I don't know what the devil goes on in sleep but perhaps that, instead, should be considered infinitely complex.

It is interesting that you should mention schizoid...

An individual diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder needs to show at least 4 of the following criteria:

Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family.

Almost always chooses solitary activities.

Has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person.

Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities.

Lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives.

Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others.

Shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity.

www.mentalhealth.com...

You got me!

Just kidding, but every one of those symptoms can be misdiagnosed, and we often are.

I don't really have any answers anyway.

Cheers then

edit on 4-6-2014 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
To possess consciousness of nothingness (non-existence) and have that absorbed from each of us and every life form throughout the infinite space of the Universe, over the infinite span of time. All finites are consciousness generation tools to serve as proxies so omniscience can also have possession of absolute non-existence (more than mere zero).

Doesn't matter if you want it to happen or not. Doesn't matter if you are good or bad, rich or poor, live for 110 years or 1 second. Omniscience wants your nothingness. Now that you know this, don't do anything rash. Serve the One, dwell in the nothingness and open up deliver this gift to the Master. You will in turn use that same current Path and Door to enter omniscience of evermore newness and expansion of self at an infinite rate.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

No disrespect but I found your post to be quite convoluted.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I would usually not care to think about the meaning of life, because scientific answers somehow end with:

WHY? WHY WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? (1) through any (Number) times

But then nowadays, I keep hearing the "Live your life to the fullest." crap, or the "You only live once-" line.

I certainly want to travel the world, but I have no money to travel. (You cannot walk or swim to continents.)

I want to let the world know who I am, but I either have murder a bunch of people or become a leader of a country or exploit myself through means of social media. (That is only being able to just show up on the Television.)

I wish to change the world, but wishing does nothing because the good the cause is, it'll never become important as omniscient-like. (Go green? Animal Activists? Fight the cancer? Do we really need to nuke them? Donate money? Prayer?)

My meaning of life is just to do whatever I want, if I am able to, otherwise, work hard to for it, and make sure I don't break my own rules.

Honey badger just takes what it wants. (Of course, I not some sociopath.)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
My meaning of life is just to do whatever I want, if I am able to, otherwise, work hard to for it, and make sure I don't break my own rules.

To do what you want - To be free - To set yourself free.

Free from the social pressure and free from desire.

I want to let the world know who I am, but I either have murder a bunch of people or become a leader of a country or exploit myself through means of social media. (That is only being able to just show up on the Television.)

When you have set you mind free and have some control over your ego, you'll find the world a lot more affable.

Honey Badger should be at peace with the bees.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have never understood people who wonder about "the meaning of life".

Why the heck would life have any meaning????

I mean, perhaps we can attribute some sort of meaning to it, if that is pleasurable to do so, but as far as some sort of inherent universal meaning- I cannot even fathom how that could be believed in.

Or maybe I have never understood the question correctly.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

Meaning of life? It's a Monty Python movie.

As for questions that could be more interesting to me, would be..

"Why does existence exist?"

I can come back to the 'meaning of life' after I find the answer to the more existential question, first.

I mean, why does anything have to exist? Why can't existence simply just 'not exist' - but instead, there's all kinds of 'stuff'? What's the point? Especially, since .. 'to be eternal, life has to constantly renew itself', so nothing is permanent - and every form that exists, is temporary, and thus, illusory. Every star, galaxy, nebula, solar system, planet, country, city, building, computer and human body - everything that you can see, is just temporary. It all changes form, it all dies, ceases to exist, just to create new forms, which then repeat the cycle.

I don't know if "life" has a "meaning" (this should be elaborated a bit, because otherwise, it's kinda confusing), and whether the old religions, laws of Karma, life plans, astrology, reincarnations and such enter into it, but even if there is such a meaning, like evolution of the spirit, it just brings more problems and questions.

It's like - if we have to 'level up' by incarnating and learning about our mistakes, dutifully paying our karmic debts so that we wouldn't have to live with awful deeds in our conscience, and eventually evolve beyond anger, hostility, hatred, violence, wars, and so on - and become good human beings (the Cosmic Messenger that visited this planet a couple of thousand years ago by incarnating into an artificially inseminated body was a good example of a True Human), then what?

It has been said that there are many levels of development, and that beings of this planet are approaching the latter half of the first level. It has also been said that the first level beings do not really HAVE many duties, except to 'evolve spiritually' and experience life and pay karmic debts (or relieve themselves from their own bad deeds by experiencing pain and suffering), but that the second level already brings some obligations to look after and take care of the younger, evolving brothers.

The third level usually expands those obligations and responsibilities into larger levels, like whole solar systems, and so on - I think the Cosmic Messenger was actually a level three being, and responsible for this solar system (which would explain why he is also the master of the other-planetary brothers).

So it has been said, I mean.

But I don't know .. what kind of a meaning is THAT anyway? I mean, you evolve and 'level up' so that you can get to be better and stronger, so you can raid.. I mean, so you can evolve into a higher being that can then help the lower beings to also evolve.. but to what end? What's the point in all this spiritual evolution, why would anyone ever evolve?

Even the level three beings - what's the point of taking care of a solar system just so that some jerks can evolve into non-jerks, and then taking care of things so that all this can just go on in an endless (?) cycle?

Couldn't the Universe have been designed in such a way that the physical plane didn't even exist, karma wasn't necessary, pain wouldn't be needed and thus wouldn't exist, and everyone would already be level 80, I mean, would already be evolved from the moment of their creation? Or at least they could evolve somehow comfortably and softly? Why all this pain and suffering? I can never see the point in all this, no matter how much I think about Karma and incarnations (and Karma has its own problems, that I can't seem to get around)..

Paracelcus said, or at least it has been claimed that he said or wrote the definition of an 'angel' (after visiting the astral world).

His definition of an angel is: "A being that is very highly evolved without ever having incarnated into a physical form".

I am paraphrasing, but the main jist of it is, that what Paracelcus allegedly calls 'angels' are beings that have never lived in a physical plane.

This begs the question: why do WE have to suffer all this physical level crap, if other beings can just cruise around in higher planes, never having to set foot here? How is that FAIR?

(And if we think about 'fairness', I have another question: how is 'celebrity' fair? I mean, a lot of people seem to think that they will get their turn in the spotlight, but if you stop and consider the mathematics of it, it might be a bit shocking.

There is always a small number of celebrities on any given planet (because if everyone is a celebrity, no one is), which means, that the majority of every planet's population will not be a celebrity at a given moment.

Now, if we consider Terra, and we think that there are for example a million celebrities, we can realize that out of a seven billion people, if a celebrity lives a hundred years, some individual soul has to wait tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions of years before even being given a chance at incarnating into a celeberity life! How is THAT fair? Aren't most souls already so 'evolved' by that time, that they no longer have any need, urge or wish to be celebrities? So some souls simply -never-in-the-whole-eternity- can experience being a celebrity!

Am I missing something here, or is the Universe an incredibly sadistic torturer instead of a fair and an impartial, loving Father? I don't mean to blaspheme, but dang, sometimes it just looks like fairness and equality don't really even exist.)

I hope I didn't digress too much.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Life could have no meaning at all.

It could be an insignificant accident from a set of random circumstances, where there was no intention at all.
Life just simply is, especially when you look at animals. All living creatures have their purpose in some circle/cycle. Except for Human beings, who just don't fit in the circle. We could ether destroy it, or just simply leave it alone an observe it, or maybe even repair it.

And we as human being like to make stories of Gods, or a set of instructions on paper, instead of just plain DNA, or biological functions(instincts). Where as we feel comfortable that some immaculate force is guarding us, or in some forms of religions...Judging.

Life could simply have no meaning, other then just be alive. What greater meaning is their, when we can make our own.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Not at all. You have made a meaningful post.

Karma is an illusion within an illusion within an illusion. It belongs to a new-age ideology intent on corrupting hearts and minds. Karma and its inequity are not part of the Divine.

Around the time of the 2012 'end of world' scenario, many were hoping for ''ascension'' in to the ''4th Dimension'' or some foolery. To what or whose benefit I ask? Moving into a higher dimension, indeed, as you inferred, comes with its own problems. More rules and restriction, less freedom and unity. Put simply, ascension is the wrong direction. If you truly wish to 'evolve' then one must move down into the 2nd dimension, then to the 1st and then out of all dimensions, however, this is easier said than done.

You are right to question the ethics of karma. Why must one be punished for long forgotten acts? Why do some seem to go unpunished, even rewarded for their persistent ill behavior. Many similar doubts can be considered but few dare to question the manner by which karma is unfairly executed. Perhaps this is because of fear. Just to reiterate, karma is not part of the divine. You know this in your heart and this is perhaps why it upsets you. Stay strong.

It matters not on which particular dimension etc one is for it is all an illusion. Even beings from higher dimensions, even heaven and hell.

''It all changes form, it all dies, ceases to exist, just to create new forms, which then repeat the cycle.''

Imagine for a second that we didn't all perish around the usually age. Indeed some may become even more convinced by the illusion, but I suspect that some of us would grow wise to it. We would stop honoring these illusions. We would live more from our hearts, we would be literally out of control. This makes for a bad slave.

Ancient civilizations seemed to be more in touch with the Divine than the modern. From this, would you say that
we are evolving?

Our modern world is obsessed with celebrity, but one must realise that celebrity is nothing more than a cult. It is true that whatever one focuses upon grows, and by toying with our ego, TPTB have persuaded us to concentrate on and empower those 'eliite' celebrities as if they were Demi-Gods. It is like being controlled by within. We all have gifts to bring to this world, however, there is no need to consider this news worthy.

I see from one of your previous threads that your faith in the Divine is under question. I myself have ruminated on what happened to this world. The greatest question I have is - what happened? A celestial error? A fallen Angel? There is no information on this whatsoever, and so from this I can only conclude that this is not God's world.

Life is but a dream. To some a living fantasy, to others, an insufferable nightmare; but to all, nothing but a dream.

It will soon be time to awake. Stay strong, keep a loving heart and you will be liberated.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join