It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning of life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What is the meaning of life?

An incredible question. Incredible because it is a meaningless question.

A more productive question would be to ask why life has to have a meaning. Assumption, although innocent, is not valid.

Does your iPhone ever ring and upon an answer heard is a robotic voice questioning its meaning? I doubt it..there's probably not an app for that. Microchips (nano) and DNA have a lot in common. A creator. A creator is involved but only one true intelligence.

Wisdom is Divine.

FEAR! Uh ohhh!

Confusion! WTF!!

Blessed are we. You are loved and you belong like Donkey Kong. You have a beautiful home and you are sound. Scarred you may be but soon we are free.
Now is time for your offerings. You must give although all will take. Meditation will become your mind. Free you will set others..and yourself.

There is no hope for darkness. Decided are the lost yet we must offer our love. Joy is upon us, work shall be undertaken, none will be forsaken.

Peace is the way and death is behind us. You are nothing to this world yet everything it could ever wish for. Sad is the way but strength must be summoned.

The meaning of life? Although pointless, perhaps does have some meaning... May the rest of your ''life'' be a meaningful one.

edit on 31-5-2014 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

nope life will never have no meaning cause we have no reason for being here,someone tells me why i was here and can nail the truth then i may except that reason. until then life is as confusing as a woman

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Bless. A step beyond androgynism will be a helpful step.

Imagine an existence without sexes, without sex. Without lust and carnal urges. A lot of stress can be found here.

Let it go bro

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What is time? . ....no matter! .... Wait ! What is matter?. Bah! Never mind!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The meaning of life? Although pointless, perhaps does have some meaning... May the rest of your ''life'' be a meaningful one.

Hopefully, we gave someone else's life meaning today. Some little bit of meaning they can treasure.

If you can't even think of how to do that then your life is pretty meaningless.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i can imagine it all but without stress,what is point in stressing about any of that when the major thing i should have been stressing about i couldn,t have cared less about?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

As good a guess as any ... I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I've pondered this lots & discussed it with other people. It's always interesting to think/learn about different theories. Here are two I like (I'll try to explain it as best I can)

The Universe is acting out all possibilities: Everything is made of energy, people/cars/planets/etc. The universe could be a sentient form & wants to explore/learn about everything & anything. It collects energy & shapes it into everything that has and will ever exist. Then it watches as life plays out, learning everything.

Souls learning in order to achieve purity of spirit: Our souls need to learn important lessons in order to achieve purity. Together we weave our lives a certain way in hopes to learn the lessons needed, helping each other as we go.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beyond Creation

Biologically: procreation.
Spiritually: to experience everything towards full knowledge and then cease to exist, before reëxisting in a new world for a new cycle
Ultimately: to end.
edit on 1-6-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Meaning is as meaning does. You are exactly as meaningful as what you do. And it's helpful to keep in mind that Maya Angelou quote: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Life has no meaning

But it sure does have a purpose.

Do you know yours?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I can't resist...

The meaning of life, the universe, and everything is 42.

The answer is meaningless unless you actually know what the Question is. So what is the ultimate question?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Margana

I've pondered this lots & discussed it with other people. It's always interesting to think/learn about different theories. Here are two I like (I'll try to explain it as best I can)

The Universe is acting out all possibilities: Everything is made of energy, people/cars/planets/etc. The universe could be a sentient form & wants to explore/learn about everything & anything. It collects energy & shapes it into everything that has and will ever exist. Then it watches as life plays out, learning everything.

Souls learning in order to achieve purity of spirit: Our souls need to learn important lessons in order to achieve purity. Together we weave our lives a certain way in hopes to learn the lessons needed, helping each other as we go.

It is true that all possibilities occur similtaniously. It is the illusions of time and space that make our experience seem linear. Energy cannot be destroyed and atoms do not age nor perish. Everything that has and will ever exist, however, will invariably experience death. When you consider this, the concept of a 'sentient form' creating 'life' only to exerience its death, seems pretty meaningless, unless of course, you consider this 'sentient form' to be a dark mind. What is there to learn from death?

The second theory is much the same albeit personal. Both suggest that the meaning of life is to learn, but I must ask at what point does information purify the spirit? Even if one gives credence to reincarnation, the lessons have been forgotton.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Life has no meaning

But it sure does have a purpose.

Do you know yours?

My purpose? To obey, serve and surrender my will. This is what makes a good slave.

My destiny? To be strong, to share and to never give in to the darkness. This is what makes it meaningful.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
I can't resist...

The meaning of life, the universe, and everything is 42.

The answer is meaningless unless you actually know what the Question is. So what is the ultimate question?

Humour is always welcome

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Meaning is as meaning does. You are exactly as meaningful as what you do. And it's helpful to keep in mind that Maya Angelou quote: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Emotions are far more meaningful than words or actions, and the intention behind ''how you made them feel'' - even more so.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Emotions are far more meaningful than words or actions, and the intention behind ''how you made them feel'' - even more so.

Yeah and the depth of your feeling for life besides your own instills its own meaning. What you think about is always relevant to what you are feeling at any point in time.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Margana

A) The Universe is acting out all possibilities: Everything is made of energy, people/cars/planets/etc. The universe could be a sentient form & wants to explore/learn about everything & anything. It collects energy & shapes it into everything that has and will ever exist. Then it watches as life plays out, learning everything.

B) Souls learning in order to achieve purity of spirit: Our souls need to learn important lessons in order to achieve purity. Together we weave our lives a certain way in hopes to learn the lessons needed, helping each other as we go.

A) It is true that all possibilities occur similtaniously. It is the illusions of time and space that make our experience seem linear. Energy cannot be destroyed and atoms do not age nor perish. Everything that has and will ever exist, however, will invariably experience death. When you consider this, the concept of a 'sentient form' creating 'life' only to exerience its death, seems pretty meaningless, unless of course, you consider this 'sentient form' to be a dark mind. What is there to learn from death?

B) The second theory is much the same albeit personal. Both suggest that the meaning of life is to learn, but I must ask at what point does information purify the spirit? Even if one gives credence to reincarnation, the lessons have been forgotton.

A) While yes everything must die, the experience & lessons that are learned up until then is what is important. Even if our life is short, we have an impact on those around us.
The sentient form doesn't have to have a dark mind, I myself would love to play out all possibilities if I was a sentient form with that capability. Not because I have a dark mind but because I am a very curious person. Human behavior is fascinating, animal behavior is even more fascinating. Having the ability to create a planet that is pure nature & beauty or create a planet that has some different elements as the main ones & see what kind of a life form takes place.

B) Lessons have been forgotten about while we are in a vessel but when we are just a soul, we remember everything. At what point does water start to get filtered when it is being poured into a Brita device? As soon as it starts to be poured, the water begins to get filtered until it reaches it's pure form. Our souls would be the same way, each life is a new filter & each time we go through it, we get closer to being pure. Who knows, maybe once we achieve purity, we then become Gods of a section of the universe?
edit on 1-6-2014 by Margana because: forgot something

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Margana

I respect you opinion, and the Brita water filter metaphor is very novel and quite sweet but I need time to think about my response...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join