It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla - the Spirit Radio that creeped him out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
G'day,
just putting this out there, I am not sure if it has been discussed previously. But was reading an article about his Spirit Radio, and it had a Youtube att where a Gentleman was showing the different reactions to outside stimuli. When he arrived at the part where he showed the voices, he also showed afterward how to record onto the crystal, he played this back successfully, but it was a very soft recording. From there I had a thought that perhaps what he was listening to in the first place was not him receiving transmissions or the like, but, he was hearing what was recorded on the crystal previously. What if the voices on there is an ancient language like Sumerian (not saying it is, this is just for comparison sakes). I wonder if anyone has ever actually sat down and studied this too see if there is an identifiable language there?

theviralpost.com...

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Seeker

If you heard spoken Sumerian today you wouldn't know what you were hearing anyway because there is no point of reference of anything that currently exists.

Same with ancient spoken Latin or any of the other languages.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That is very interesting, I have never heard of this particular invention by Tesla. I wonder how it all works, is it the crystal picking up the sounds with help from those copper coils, or do the copper coils pick up vibrations then impart them to the crystal? The guy in the youtube video there should do more tests with the voice recording aspect of the radio, may come up with some interesting discoveries.

Anyways S & F that is awesome! Thanks for the new info.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ProspectPhilosopher
Tesla did not invent the crystal radio, nor does it involve any "recording".

1) The antenna feeds radio signals to the tuner.
2) The tuner, through resonance, boosts the signal from one particular wavelength. This is how you select a particular radio station, by adjusting the resonant frequency of the tuner.
3) The crystal acts as a rectifier. It changes the AC electrical signal from the tuner to a DC signal. This makes it possible to feed the amplitude modulated (AM) signal which is carried by the radio wave into a headset (or amplifier).

The "sounds" that Tesla and others heard were radio waves produced naturally in the ionosphere.

www.crystalradio.net...

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Are you sure about that? I mean, how do you really know? Maybe it's kind of like electricity, we know how to harness it's power to some degree, but other than that it's still awesome and above us mere mortals. a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Heh i never knew the ionosephere produced natural sound wavez ..pritty cool! Is this whats behind these "EVP" recordings that ghost hunters claim tobe picking up?a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere
Don't know. I don't know what they are using to make the recordings.

But here's a sample of what Earth (and her sisters) can do on their own.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks for that info Phage much appreciated.

I noticed in researching this, that they were testing new components that were added to the original design of the radio in 1900, because of this they were transmitting voice by 1914, so there is a high possibility that perhaps he picked up the first of the test transmissions, as he was working on this in 1901.

edit on 31-5-2014 by The_Seeker because: added in radio

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Well thank you Phage for clearing that up! I am no scientist so all I can do is speculate, I am only here to learn!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I did also noticed this article as well. What is the difference Phage. This one mentions Fused Quartz and Glass crystals. I only have a basic understanding of what they are saying there, but to me they are saying with the use of other technologies, ie lasers, they are able to write the data to firstly to the Glass then to the Fused quartz.

Am I correct in this interpretation - or have I fluffed it completely.
Also, this is due to my understanding of the whole thing, if I have not fluffed it - can this be related with regards to maybe they had the technology that we dont to "record" to the crystal!

Or am I way off track?

physicsworld.com...

edit on 31-5-2014 by The_Seeker because: posted the link

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: The_Seeker
Spirit Radio ... What if the voices on there is an ancient language like Sumerian (not saying it is, this is just for comparison sakes). I wonder if anyone has ever actually sat down and studied this too see if there is an identifiable language there?

Sounds like you're describing EVP , which are in the ear of the beholder : any voices heard are in the language & dialect of the listener .

edit on 31-5-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany
I do agree that can be possible.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Seeker

Or am I way off track?

Pretty much. That's talking about something like a super DVD.
A crystal radio doesn't 'read' the crystal. The crystal is just a diode.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Spoken Latin

Sumarian we assume to sound like Akkaidian

We do have some reference to the phonetics.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Without having a recording of someone speaking from back then it would be impossible to know how it sounded.

The first link is modern spoken Latin and the second is conjecture.

Even modern American English has multiple variations that can be drastically different from one another. Think Creole versus someone with a thick Japanese accent speaking English.

Language, especially ancient language is a huge unknown in many cases.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The_Seeker
Youtube att where a Gentleman was showing the different reactions to outside stimuli. When he arrived at the part where he showed the voices, he also showed afterward how to record onto the crystal, he played this back successfully, but it was a very soft recording. From there I had a thought that perhaps what he was listening to in the first place was not him receiving transmissions or the like, but, he was hearing what was recorded on the crystal previously.

The Spirit radio on youtube has the audio edited by DSP Software, all the echos and reverb you hear is added for creepiness. He even changes the pitch for more effect... Also a computer's sound card makes great for a VLF receiver, just add the same antenna, DSP effects etc...

downloads.deusm.com...

edit on 31-5-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well I know I learnt a few things.
Thanks for all the input and info.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

1- D1 - Germanium 1N34A Diode (*Allied Stock#: 935-0301) $2.16 ea

There's your crystal.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
very interesting would love one of these might try to build one.

few questions has anyone tried or would it work in water, also what effects does it have near water?

has anyone tried it out in a dark area outside that only has bright moonlight to light up the area?

has anyone tried leaving it in a haunted area for a day or so and record the noise?

has anyone ever placed it in a room that is pure white bright, or pure black dark and what effects did it have on it?

i wonder what would happen if you surrounded it in mirrors.

Has NASA ever experimented with this?

edit on 2-6-2014 by blobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I read somewhere that Tesla once heard a repeating signal through his radio which he believed to be from aliens..In fact he may have picked up the radio signals from a pulsar,and thought because they were regular,they were from intelligent life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join