It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khamenei controls massive financial empire built on property seizures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This gets my blood boiling. What was intended to be a Charity Organisation to last two years, turns out to be a land grab by greedy, racist pigs all in the name of Islam. This guy Khamenei is the Supreme religious leader in Iran, Supreme A/hole in my oponion.

This is a three part read so is fairly lengthy Part 1. Land grab Part 2. National Champion Part 3. Rough Justice

Part 1: A Reuters investigation details a key to the supreme leader’s power: a little-known organization created to help the poor that morphed into a business juggernaut worth tens of billions of dollars.

Setad was founded with modest ambitions. Its genesis was a two-paragraph order issued in 1989 by Khamenei's predecessor, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, shortly before he died. The order directed two aides to sell and manage properties that had supposedly been abandoned during the chaotic years following the 1979 Islamic Revolution, and channel much of the proceeds to charity. The edict ultimately sparked a new organization whose full name in Persian is "Setad Ejraiye Farmane Hazrate Emam" - the Headquarters for Executing the Order of the Imam.

The 82-year-old Iranian woman keeps the documents that upended her life in an old suitcase near her bed. She removes them carefully and peers at the tiny Persian script.

There's the court order authorizing the takeover of her children's three Tehran apartments in a multi-story building the family had owned for years. There's the letter announcing the sale of one of the units. And there's the notice demanding she pay rent on her own apartment on the top floor.

www.reuters.com.../part1

From part 3
"Our people were living under the pressure of corrupt, tyrannical and greedy governments for many years," Khamenei told officials in the clerical city of Qom, according to an English-language transcript on his official website. The shah's father "grabbed the ownership of any developed piece of land in all parts of the country…. They accumulated wealth. They accumulated property. They accumulated jewelry for themselves."

Nothing changes then

The Islamic Revolution promised Iranians a new era of justice, governed strictly in accordance with sharia, Islamic law. Khomeini outlined a "Velayat-e Faqih," or Guardianship of the Jurist - a government ruled by a cleric who spurns personal wealth, values the law above all else and rigorously submits himself to it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
That is the job of the banks here.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Religion running government

Well that's there mistake, each to there own I guess

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

It's more like government running religion in the case of Iran.

The ancient banker systems were there first before modern "religions".

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

"Our people were living under the pressure of corrupt, tyrannical and greedy governments for many years,"

The above quote is laughable, out with the old and in with the new.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

what was the thread the other day?

the ayatollah is a assahola.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

The West is one big mistake so I wouldn't go knocking what the Iranians are doing. At least they leave you and your country alone but I cannot say the same for the bs politicians in our countries.

top topics

join