It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the new X-men movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
and I am glad that everyone can just gloss over the fact that Jean would be alive. If she's alive would that mean she is free of the phoenix??

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah apocalpyse being the next storyline is a good thing. Unforgettable line from the old school cartoon.

" you are no closer in defeating me then the babylonian's were with their fire sticks and spears"

It will be great all the X-men throwing everything they have against the indestructable.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Did you mean Bishop?

Bishop

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As there is no other open thread, I'd like to throw this one minor observation out.

I was struck, in the opening scenes, by the apparent age of the actors. I don't know if anyone else caught this, but my wife and daughter both mentioned this in conversation after we saw the show.

(laughing silently) I almost took notes during the movie to come back to ATS with a proper movie review. What stopped me was not wanting to be the 'spoiler guy' everyone hates on. I'll leave my review in these words: The movie is not only worthy of a visit to the theater, it's one I'll add to my home movie collection.

-Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Seiko

No I think I meant cable right. I had thought Cable was the mutant who time traveled.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So was that to mean that everything in the time line changed? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, the other time line X men 1 - 3 is now an alternate that only Wolverine remembers and us the viewers.

Because Wolverine killed Jean. which was even showed in one of his memories. and as I was remarking to a friend that would make one of the movies irrelevant. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until Singer finishes what he is doing with the new class one cant really say.

But it does seem as though the other timeline is erased to make way for a new one. Maybe to be able to expand the x men film universe where they wont have issues trying to tie in the events of X men 1 - 3.

another question why were there not more X-men int he past, to battle the sentinel's? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too many characters in such a movie wouldn't be good for your average viewer, it would get too confusing having so many characters with powers.

I believe when released to DVD/Blu Ray there will be scenes with Rogue being busted out of some sort of prison in the future setting.

wouldnt it have been better if they said Mystique has found a way to travel back in time to try and kill trask, we have to stop her. as oppose to thats how the normal time line was? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally I don't think it would, it would need to be explained how she travels through time, the reason she wanted to go back and do such.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

more questions? then at the end of the movie when Logan was being rescued wasnt that Sabbertooth that they showed. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Getting pulled out of the water?

That was Mystique disguised as Stryker

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Yeah apocalpyse being the next storyline is a good thing. Unforgettable line from the old school cartoon.

" you are no closer in defeating me then the babylonian's were with their fire sticks and spears"

It will be great all the X-men throwing everything they have against the indestructable.

I wonder if Leech and Rogue will play a role? Rogue was a huge factor in Apocalypse's defeat in the cartoon.
edit on 4-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I had actually thought that Beast was the reason in the cartoon version of apocalpse's defeat. I thought he befriended his A.I. System/ship and that like consumed him in a way. Like he basically did a version of the Her movie right?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I had actually thought that Beast was the reason in the cartoon version of apocalpse's defeat. I thought he befriended his A.I. System/ship and that like consumed him in a way. Like he basically did a version of the Her movie right?

In the cartoon, they don't actually kill Apocalypse, but Rogue forces him back into the device that contained him. I'm a little fuzzy on the details now, but I know there was a child involved who had a very powerful mutant ability. And that ability, which Rogue borrowed, is the only reason they succeeded in locking Apocalypse back in his container.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I love the new X-men movie. It was very entertaining. I was saddened how the way Colossus died.

But I thought the movie borrowed a lot from the DC Comics' "The Watchman"movie directed by Zack Snyder. I believe Snyder and Bryan Singer are friends. Didn't one of the fellows mentioned leave a movie to the other so that he can direct another huge movie blockbuster.

Both movies had similar plot points. The heroes in both movies are forced to disband after government intervention. Both groups re-join together to stop the eradication of their team. Both heroes fight to stop the impending doom. Both movies used the Vietnam war as a time reference. Both movies used the historical persona of Richard Nixon as a background character. And finally, a lone hero (Wolverine and Rybach's letter to media)could be the only one to remember the outcome of the changed events.

It's something to think about.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

I see where you are going with this ideer. But x-man take a timemachine back in time( only ones mind Is send) to the time where Nixon is PotUS. In x-man they stop the doom.

The watchman they let the doom happen anyway to make peace.
the watchman takes place When the Vietnam war & the cold War happen.

No timetravel in watchman. And the watchman none have superpowes other then the blue man...

Maybe another one has superpowers the smartes man in the World.

But did you know both the watchman & x-man days of future, past. Is from a comic book.
;Watchman is one book & x-man days of future, past is two books..
But i don't know witch one was made first of Them.

And the story in both movies is different from the original comic books story.

edit on 12-6-2014 by kadara_dk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kadara_dk
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

I see where you are going with this ideer. But x-man take a timemachine back in time( only ones mind Is send) to the time where Nixon is PotUS. In x-man they stop the doom.

The watchman they let the doom happen anyway to make peace.
the watchman takes place When the Vietnam war & the cold War happen.

No timetravel in watchman. And the watchman none have superpowes other then the blue man...

Maybe another one has superpowers the smartes man in the World.

But did you know both the watchman & x-man days of future, past. Is from a comic book.
;Watchman is one book & x-man days of future, past is two books..
But i don't know witch one was made first of Them.

And the story in both movies is different from the original comic books story.

I knew that. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I'm a huge comic-book fan. As I was watching the new X-Men movie, I thought where have I seen this before? Then "The Watchmen" movie hit me. Zack Snyder directed the watchmen movie and "300" another comic-book movie from Frank Miller.

I do believe it was the newest Superman movie from last year that Singer walked away from to allow Snyder to direct it.

Cheers, bud.
edit on 12-6-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
the movie ties everything together real well. they dont follow the comics exactly.
in the books bishop is the one that goes back. they talked about kitty going back for the movie but it worked best with wolverine cause he would look the same. that way people wouldnt get confused.
jean/xavier were at the school at the end cause the timeline changed. wolverine went back and accomplished the mission so apparently pheonix killing xavier didnt happen nor did wolverine killing her.
at the end that is the scarlet witch sitting with quicksilver.
also at the end we see stryker pulling wolverine out of the water. this lets us know that he will get his adamantium after all.

i thought the movie was awesome. i only wish they would have used quicksilver more. he was nasty as hell.

can't wait for the next one. you know apocalypse is going to put the hurt on the x men.

also, the sentinals at the start of this movie were bad ass too.

great film

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i feel like a tool. it wasnt stryker at the end it was mystique

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I just watched this for the first time.
If mystique died when killing Trask, why is she alive in the original trilogy?
Where did Wolverine meet Peter?
Why does wolverine have metal claws after "the Wolverine"?
The future action doesn't completely line up with the original trilogy or wolverine spinoffs.

There's a lot that doesn't make sense, since when could Kitty Pride transport someone's consciousness?

Why was wolverine pulled out of the water with no iron bars stuck through him?

I really wish they took the time to make a sequal or two for both X-men timelines before making this one.
A sequal to Last stand and a sequal to First Class. Too much has been skipped.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chukkles

this movie follows a different storyline on earth 616...
thats why some comic movies can get confusing. they dont track exactly right....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join