It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the new X-men movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay so this isnt really a review of the X-men movie I waited a week and nobody has posted about it yet. So like Popeye "I can;t stands no more". I am supposed to be the unofficial Horror movie reviewer after all.

This will be full of spoilers so if you havent seen the movie and want to see the movie stop reading this.

The first question I have is at the end of the movie they showed Jean at the school and all that. So was that to mean that everything in the time line changed? Because Wolverine killed Jean. which was even showed in one of his memories. and as I was remarking to a friend that would make one of the movies irrelevant. another question why were there not more X-men int he past, to battle the sentinel's?

ANd the next thing I just have to say is like a critique or a comlaint take it how you want. wouldnt it have been better if they said Mystique has found a way to travel back in time to try and kill trask, we have to stop her. as oppose to thats how the normal time line was?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Yup they did a Star trek and changed it all

Because the sentinels killed em all.

And I don't know...I really enjoyed it good stuff to pass the time and be entertained.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah it was a good movie. Just some of the things didnt make sense and I guess that is expected when you do time travel story lines.

But yeah it was entertaining

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And I was with an anxious andy when I saw the movie and didnt get to see after the credits if there was anything extra. does anyone know if there was anythign extra after the credits?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>
At the very end of the credits you see four men on a horse looking along as a rather blue looking and very skinny young man who literally builds a pyramid with his fancy super powers...it's about 15-20 second clip...

I had my two young boys with me and I wish I had seen the movie alone...they had way too many questions although I'm very excited the way it turned out...happy to see the gang back together..

edit on 31-5-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Does that mean Mr. Sinister? all blue?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: chrismarco

Does that mean Mr. Sinister? all blue?

With the four horseman and pyramid that would be Apocalypse.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I forgot about the ending stuff I always do.

:O Apocalypse!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Okay so this isnt really a review of the X-men movie I waited a week and nobody has posted about it yet. So like Popeye "I can;t stands no more". I am supposed to be the unofficial Horror movie reviewer after all.

This will be full of spoilers so if you havent seen the movie and want to see the movie stop reading this.

The first question I have is at the end of the movie they showed Jean at the school and all that. So was that to mean that everything in the time line changed? Because Wolverine killed Jean. which was even showed in one of his memories. and as I was remarking to a friend that would make one of the movies irrelevant. another question why were there not more X-men int he past, to battle the sentinel's?

ANd the next thing I just have to say is like a critique or a comlaint take it how you want. wouldnt it have been better if they said Mystique has found a way to travel back in time to try and kill trask, we have to stop her. as oppose to thats how the normal time line was?

First of all, yes. Wolverine stopping Mystique from assassinating Trask, and instead helping her to save the president and all of his associates, changed everything. Mutants were no longer feared or persecuted in the modern world - or at least, not to the extent that they went to war over it.

Also, the time travel thing worked exactly right as is. Trying to stir the pot with a time traveling villain would have made it ten times as complicated. Not to mention that this movie was based on actual comics, and Mystique didn't travel back in time in the comics.
edit on 31-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>
At the very end of the credits you see four men on a horse looking along as a rather blue looking and very skinny young man who literally builds a pyramid with his fancy super powers...it's about 15-20 second clip...

I had my two young boys with me and I wish I had seen the movie alone...they had way too many questions although I'm very excited the way it turned out...happy to see the gang back together..

Apocalypse, the very first mutant ever. Also the baddie of all baddies.
edit on 31-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My mom said she knew someone who could do that too....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crawley

***SPOILER ALERT***
In case no one knew...the speedster was Quicksilver and the little girl he was cradling towards the end of the movie was his little Sister...better known as The Scarlet Witch...both are Magneto's children.

Also, I believe they wanted to do the time travel to "reboot" the franchise...am hoping they do a better job this time around.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elathan
a reply to: crawley

***SPOILER ALERT***
In case no one knew...the speedster was Quicksilver and the little girl he was cradling towards the end of the movie was his little Sister...better known as The Scarlet Witch...both are Magneto's children.

Also, I believe they wanted to do the time travel to "reboot" the franchise...am hoping they do a better job this time around.

No, she's not. Wanda Maximoff is Pietro's twin, so clearly, that little girl is far too young to be the Scarlet Witch. Also, Bryan has stated that she is not. It was a nice tip of the hat though.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Also, En Sabah Nur clip from the end of X-Men DOFP.

ENTER APOCALYPSE!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
misc.thefullwiki.org...(Earth-616)

According to the writers at Marvel, "En Sabah Nur" translates to "The First One" in Arabic. However, the phrase actually translates into something more akin to "Good Morning". The reason is that the term is grammatically incorrect, as it should be "Sabah an-Nur", assuming that was what the Marvel writers were shooting for. It can also mean "The Seven Lights"; with "Sabah" literally meaning "seven" and "Nur" meaning "light" in Arabic. This is interesting for Islam depicts the eternal afterlife as having seven heavens, and could be a direct reference to his god-like powers. Since Apocalypse was born thousands of years before modern Arabic existed, this must either be a translation of his true name, or it is a name in Proto-Semitic that simply coincidentally resembles Arabic words. 'En Sabah Nur' can also mean "birth of light","Awakened Light",and (in literal sense)"Dawn".

Good morning apocalpyse

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

I enjoyed it but the only thing that didn't make sense was the old Charles being there in the future although he had been killed previously, desintegrated. I could understand to seeing him in the school at the end- after Logan changed the timeline - but before?

So they pulled a Star Trek and now they can rewrite everything. Enters Apocalypse though.

The next X-Men:Apocalypse = Kick Butt !!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

I enjoyed it but the only thing that didn't make sense was the old Charles being there in the future although he had been killed previously, desintegrated. I could understand to seeing him in the school at the end- after Logan changed the timeline - but before?

It makes complete sense if you remember the last scene from The Last Stand.

The ending that played after the credits in X-Men: The Last Stand. The professor transferred his consciousness into another man, which online sites have said was his twin brother.

Although if you're a Marvel purist, this is a rewrite sacrilege because Xavier's twin is actually a female, Cassandra Nova. The comics depicted her as pretty dang evil, so a male twin doesn't mesh with canon at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I almost agree with you Nyiah. I say almost because if Charles' soul had reintegrated someone else's body as they showed then why would he be identical to Charles? And if it was a twin brother (obviously not a sister as you said) then why would he also have paralyzed legs?

No, it was Charles. I understand why they'd have him back for the storyline though, Logan would have never gone back if it was just Eric asking..

The only other reason I would think of is if Charles (in whatever body he's in) is projecting the image of his former self in everyone's mind to facilitate interactions. And that could have been edited in the movie and kept for the DVD Exclusives when it does come out. Possibly.

Or else, it does not make sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

your right wasnt Cable the official time traveling mutant?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
more questions? then at the end of the movie when Logan was being rescued wasnt that Sabbertooth that they showed.

And in the comics wasnt trask and sabbertooth connected in some way?

its funny all the Wolverine movies and they leave out his ultimate rival.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join