It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbors and Dog Haters... Ugh.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Id tell her to call animal control. If the barking really isnt excessive, and shes just being overbearing, get animal control out to confirm there isnt an issue.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Maybe some of you missed the part in my original post where I mentioned that I bring my dog inside as soon as she starts barking? She's NOT outside barking 24/7. She has one morning barking fit when the neighbors dogs come out, which I stop immediately when I bring her inside.
a reply to: MojaveBurning

I noticed that too. It seemed like nobody really read what you said.

I live out in the country, with two dogs, and still bring them back in the house when I hear barking.
They bark at the coyotes and if they see a cow wander by.

It seems your neighbour that talked to you didn't even try to figure out whose dog was barking.

I was lucky with one neighbor once, she liked it when my dog barked, it made her feel safer.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You're lucky. If a dog woke me regularly and it wasn't handled said dog wouldn't survive long. Sorry, my sleep trumps a dog.

If someone killed my dog because it barked they probably wouldn't survive long.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
It sounds like she was doing her best to be a good neighbor as well by putting up with it for a whole year before finally working up the nerve to say something about it. You must have one of those irritating little ankle biters that yaps every time the wind blows.

I do not see how you can draw this conclusion from the evidence that was presented. If what was presented is accurate, then the complaints of this lady are not justified in the least. The original poster stated that they do not let their dog sit out there and bark for hours, rather they bring them inside when they start barking. And on top of that, the timeline does not add up, therefore if that is true then obviously the lady who was complaining did not know what she was talking about.

One would think that someone who was so bothered by something would at least have their facts straight. Maybe it is someone else's dog. And another thing, if what is described is accurate, but it is all we have to go on, the OP attempted to resolve the situation amicably. So again, if what is described is accurate, I find no fault with the dog's owner.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We have a problem with the neighbours dogs barking all the time, the thing is, one sets the others off and all of the owners have very selective hearing when it comes to the barking.

At least our city has a bylaw about barking dogs but........you got to live with your Neighbours but you can pick and choose your friends.

We can take or leave dogs personally, but when they bark and yap it becomes a problem.
I wish our one neighbour would seek out a country property and then all would be good here.

She has the very bad kind of selective hearing in our opinion.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You're lucky. If a dog woke me regularly and it wasn't handled said dog wouldn't survive long. Sorry, my sleep trumps a dog.

What a stupid comment.

I can't stand barking dogs too, but it's THE OWNERS who need sorting out for being selfish enough to own uncontrolled ball sniffing turdbags that deficate where they stand and annoy peacefull folk by barking at anything and everything.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I feel for you really.
And, it does sound like you are being a responsible dog owner.

But, try to take the woman with a grain of salt, on the route I take to walk our dog...the corner house has two yappy dogs.....and they bark every morning as we pass....and continue to bark until we are a block away...and the owners NEVER bring them in....and now the dogs next to them have started in.....

This is at 7:30 am

And....it could be worse.....you could have my two neighbors.....one is the spawn of satan and the other is his accomplice.
An example is he turns me in for feeding the birds....while he has bird houses in his yard.
edit on Sat May 31 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

nerbot, I doubt intrepid meant that seriously, even though a lot of us feel the same way. At the end of the day though, we all love dogs, and animals in general. It's the irresponsible dog owner who is to blame (not saying char is that), and intrepid is intelligent enough to understand that.

Some of us have just been traumatized by endless barking dogs, So don't jump on anyone's back here. It is like others have said, this is the rant forum, it's nothing personal. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hey OP look into a Citronella Spray Bark Collar. I found one on Amazon with good reviews for $40. When the dog barks it sprays citronella (dogs are not fans but it's safe) and may help. I think it's a better solution than the type that shock the dog.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Thanks for the lesson in the absolute obvious.

MY point was that all too often people say things that ignore the true source of problems in favour of something that is said to make them seem cool.

And for you to say "we all love dogs" is also ignorant. No offence intended.

I love SOME dogs, not all, so I'm sorry but I don't fit into your stereotype.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dog worship, it's an epidemic.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

the lady who was complaining did not know what she was talking about.

All I know is it is not an easy thing to go and personally confront a neighbor, and if she waited a year she was not just trying to cause trouble.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Does hating small dogs count? or the owners that carry them in handbags? I had a Rottweiler and it was great! I would never have to here him bark with a squeaky little sounds that bothered the hell out of me, and you can actually rough house with it!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Thanks for the lesson in the absolute obvious.

Hey you bet!

MY point was that all too often people say things that ignore the true source of problems in favour of something that is said to make them seem cool.

It's an Internet forum where people post their opinions. Maybe you just mistook it for Highschool, no big deal.

And for you to say "we all love dogs" is also ignorant. No offence intended.

Well I think more people like dogs than not, but yeah obviously not everyone. I am a cat person myself, but I don't dislike dogs.

Ilove SOME dogs, not all, so I'm sorry but I don't fit into your stereotype.

Don't be sorry, whether you like to pet, or kick a dog, makes no difference to me. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Our community has specific quiet hours, from 6am to 10om on weeknights, and 6am to midnight on weekends. My dog is ALWAYS quiet during those times. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't get it,

A community that has quite hours during the noisiest times of the day,

So you can make as much noise as you please in the middle of the night?

It really bothers me because I try so hard to be a considerate neighbor, - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well if there is no quiet time between midnight and 6 am then I say you be good neighbor and howl like a wolf tonight all night.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Oy! I just typed it wrong, you couldn't deduce that I must have made a typo?? Quiet is from 10pm to 6am.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Oy! I just typed it wrong, you couldn't deduce that I must have made a typo?? Quiet is from 10pm to 6am.

I noticed back when you first posted what InhaleExhale is talking about as well. No big deal though, we all make typos all the time here. I also want to say that I was not trying to be hard on you at all. I just was participating in some ranting, even though it was on the other side of your argument.

Mojave, I hope it all works out for you and your neighbor. I get the feeling you're both reasonable people, and you don't want to have to deal with an unreasonable neighbor, trust me on that one. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation
edit on 1-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I feel I started hate dogs ...
Anyway ,maybe there's another dog bother her?

originally posted by: Shakawkaw
Dog worship, it's an epidemic.

They have severely desire to dominate something.To build to stable controlling relationship .
edit on 1-6-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

edit on 1-6-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well, if it's not your dog doing the barking and annoying the crap out of people, maybe you could direct her to OTHER neighbors who have dogs so she can narrow down the culprit?

Dude, I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling much sympathy. If it's not you & you know it, help her find out who the nuisance owner is. We have a dog ourselves, a mostly quiet one that doesn't bark much unless someone knocks on the door. Our immediate neighbor who hasn't lived here long has a yappy poodle, and we've had numerous conversations with him about this dog. This is an older condominium, we don't have much in the way of soundproofing. And this guy's dog is by far & wide the loudest & most non-stop out of all the dogs here. We're not the only neighbors kept up by his dog, and that's generating an unpleasant atmosphere among everyone. It doesn't help that he works graveyard shift and thus, the dog barks consistently all damn night long at the top of it's lungs. We don't want the guy to get rid of the dog, but holy ish, he has to do something here. Anxiety meds, vocal chord snip, overnights at a friend's or family member's house, something.

Crappy owners do need to own up. Dogs who bark for extended periods are not doing something that comes naturally, there's an issue being ignored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join