It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUTRAGEOUS: Veterans Are Now Receiving Letters Prohibiting The Purchase, Possession, Receipt, Or Tra

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.

Well I have very few words about this just that it make me sick to my stomach. WTH is happening to this country, in the past we heard rumours that this might happen. Now it is a reality.

What if that letter also stated: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?

PDF file at the bottom of the page

www.redflagnews.com... g-or-transporting-a-firearm-or-ammunition
edit on 31-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Nvm .. would be serious t&c violation if translate what thinking about that ..

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i don't suppose your link became "undead" for a reason, did it?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
i don't suppose your link became "undead" for a reason, did it?

I found it. From Feb 2013: redflag news

This one is dated May 2014: jewsnews

Kind of a 'red flag' that there is more fiction than fact here. It's loaded with "what if's" and I can't find a copy of the alleged letter which if real I would assume would be plastered all over the place like the NY and CT confiscation letters are.

This is apparently the original: United States Justice Foundation Feb 2013

This Connelly guy who wrote the article and runs the USJF is also a ghost hunter: America's Livliest Ghosts for what it's worth.
edit on 31-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

*flips table*

I'm f###ing done!

*storms out in a rage*

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Thanks for some reason I can't get it to work..

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well every single politicains needs this letter sent to them. This is just ludicrous, they are testing the waters, and judging the reaction.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.

Give someone you trust a power of attorney.
The VA or other government agency can not over ride a power of attorney you have given without a court case and most judges will not go along with it.

What if that letter also stated: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?

the quote of the law does prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition.
but it does not prohibit you from having your power of attorney holder from holding the guns.
your power of attorney can then hold your guns until the thing are ether cleared, or you pass on.

when the VA doctors told me my father had alzheimer's one of the first things i did was secure his guns.
2 years as later as he got worse the cops dropped by wanting his guns and wanting to know where they were.

I told the cops i had secured his guns in a safe place. They wanted me to turn them over and i refused to tell them where they were and showed the cops my power of attorney. (i also moved the guns to my brother in another state and locked them in his gun safe just in case they got a court order.)
I also told them to call the family attorney if they had any other questions. the family attorney told me i did it just right and the cops could do nothing to get the guns.

My father passed in 2011 and i still have one of the guns and my brothers have the others after i transferred them as part of the estate.

If i had not had the power of attorney the cops would have taken the guns and destroyed them without anyone in the family inheriting them.

my brothers have my power of attorney and the one that live the longest will likely get all the guns.
edit on 31-5-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yeah, take the guns out of the hands of the people who have experience killing. Most people can't kill. This way the government doesn't have to worry about an uprising of the people to take over the country. Now another way would be what was done for thousands of years, take all of those who could fight and put them into the military till they are incompacitated or conditioned to follow the lead of the government at hand.

This goes for all countries, not just ours. It is an old practice.

I love our country but I am not so happy of the politicians in charge. Electing new people doesn't work to well if we only have a choice of those approved by the present parties. But that is life here in America, it is all we have presently and we have to make the best of it. I do not believe in revolution, I believe we can break this cycle and get good people in charge. Special interest groups are running this country, local governments will do anything to get grants for projects, even projects that are a waste. Government likes having these communities dependent on their borrowed money, money that our kids will have to pay back or they will just recall the money once again. This way everyone starts over with nothing, other than the top five percent.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So basically if someone were found incompetent you'd still be ok with them owning a gun? Here is a clear opportunity to lock the barn before the horse is stolen and you'd pass that up? You sound like someone who shouldn't own a gun.

g reply to: Glassbender777

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

There are many vets on this board and friends and family of vets, myself included. If such a letter were actually mailed out ATS would be alerted immediately, along with the likes of Alex Jones, Glen Beck, and some other MSM outlets.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: nighthawk1954

Give someone you trust a power of attorney.
The VA or other government agency can not over ride a power of attorney you have given without a court case and most judges will not go along with it.

the quote of the law does prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition.
but it does not prohibit you from having your power of attorney holder from holding the guns.
your power of attorney can then hold your guns until the thing are ether cleared, or you pass on.

when the VA doctors told me my father had alzheimer's one of the first things i did was secure his guns.
2 years as later as he got worse the cops dropped by wanting his guns and wanting to know where they were.

I told the cops i had secured his guns in a safe place. They wanted me to turn them over and i refused to tell them where they were and showed the cops my power of attorney. (i also moved the guns to my brother in another state and locked them in his gun safe just in case they got a court order.)
I also told them to call the family attorney if they had any other questions. the family attorney told me i did it just right and the cops could do nothing to get the guns.

My father passed in 2011 and i still have one of the guns and my brothers have the others after i transferred them as part of the estate.

If i had not had the power of attorney the cops would have taken the guns and destroyed them without anyone in the family inheriting them.

my brothers have my power of attorney and the one that live the longest will likely get all the guns.

How did the police find out your father was ill? Who put them onto the fact he had Alzheimer's ? This part of your story makes me question the rest.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I like your take on the situation. If you look hard enough you can see that the trending opinion of the public does have sway in the political arena. Now if public opinion could be lead away from who should be the next American Idol...

OP... Although this maybe an ass backwards approach to solving real issues, if enough light is shed on the subject it may turn out to be a positive thing. It looks like a power grab now, but it may turn out to be a support that some veterans can rely on in the end. There are surely a good amount of veterans that could use a direct path to monetary stability in their lives. The gun issue is a side note. In reality it's much easier and safer for one to secure home protection in the form of firearms privately without the help of big brother.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Really, so WHERE IS THE LETTER????? This is just another propaganda article . Just the facts please and no bullsh#t. I hate propaganda on either side. This should surely be moved to the hoax forum as clearly it is just one biased and "what if" article passed from one website to another to another to another etc.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

The American Idol is a good example of how we are being conditioned to look at something else. Even people following games like football and basketball, etc... If we are more interested in these kind of things, we don't question the candidates so much. Now everyone will tell you that one candidate is better than another, but not many people will say that one candidate is great, unless of course they are working to promote someone. We are forced to choose the lesser of two evils, choosing from a preselected group. If a candidate does not "play ball" with the others of the party, their chances of succeeding with their rendevours is slim. So even if a good politician slips in, he/she is forced to barter to get what they need for the people that elected them. Now, the local governments want their candidates to get them something or they will turn against them, the candidate is forced to make a pact with others to supply the funding for their districts desires. So the nation goes farther and farther in debt building things that the majority of the people don't even want...other than for job creation.

Here I side with the conservatives, the government should not be giving out all this unpaid for money. They should be promoting eco friendly job growth, not handing out money for unnecessary jobs. The difference with Republicans ideology from Democrats is that they still want to spend money on these things but they want to give the money to the private business instead of the government run agencies. The question to ask is why are we giving money to do things that do not really need to be done in the first place.

Now I am way off topic, time to quit. Sorry OP.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am gonna call a big fat BS on this; I've been getting VA disability for a mental disorder, and havent received this alleged letter, and neither have the other disabled veterans I know and I know quite a few in the same situation

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well the site has taken the page down but I figured I'd ask my roommate if he has heard anything about it (he's a vet) and he said he's heard nothing of it. I would like to see the PDF if anyone has it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

While it may be fake I wouldn't be surprised this becomes reality in the near future due to the government's treatment toward combat vets

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If freaking goofy enough not to handle money properly, why should they be allowed firearms?

I dealt with these matters professionally and I can state that MY experiences as to a Declaration of Incompetency is that the USDVA is very cautious about making this declaration. The appointment of guardians is done under circumstances that any sane individual would reason that it was required for the health and safety of the veteran.

Tea pot time!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
So basically if someone were found incompetent you'd still be ok with them owning a gun? Here is a clear opportunity to lock the barn before the horse is stolen and you'd pass that up? You sound like someone who shouldn't own a gun.

g reply to: Glassbender777

I can't speak for Glassbender777, but I'M ok with it. Government has no business saying who can or can't be armed. There's that whole "shall not be infringed" thing to consider. Nowhere does it say "shall not be infringed except upon determination of incompetence by a government on an inherently political basis, because governments are inherently political - that's what they do".

Gulags and "Re-education camps" were filled with people determined to be "incompetent" on a political basis - i.e. by government.

Personally, I don't much care what you think as to whether or not I should own a gun. It's not your call to make, it's mine.

Have a nice day!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join