It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions About the Universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This video answered a question I have puzzled over for a while and I thought I would share it.

Great stuff good channel also.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I love vids like this. Thanks for posting.
Check out this vid, and also check out the long comment by Philip Bernard.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Cool more science I love learning pity I forget it all cos Iam getting older lol.
Will watch in a bit somethings up with this darn machine.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Lol I bet most people have their brain explode out the top of their head when they get to the end of the video where he mentions the universe being infinite and the ramifications of that. Excellent video, it actually taught me something I wasn't aware of.
edit on 31/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Very interesting. But even this is just a theory, we cannot really know what we are seeing from this tiny dot in space. I suppose it doesn't hurt to believe in something, after all most people believe in god.

Now, I look into the sky at night and just see something miraculous. I don't care if it is expanding, it is beautiful. It doesn't matter to me what theories people make of it to enjoy the view. I learned many constalations when I was young and look for them. I like the big dipper, a combination of stars that look like a pot. They don't really look like a pot, we associate the combination with something we are familiar with...a pot. It doesn't matter, from our point of perspective we like seeing things we know so create this sequence in our head because we are told what it looks like. You can see what you want, I can see what I want. Either way we only see what we think is real, we cannot comprehend what really is anyways. The universe could be just growing somehow, it does not have to have been caused by an explosion. Everything is connected by energy bonds, as the bonds weaken we move farther apart, if the strengthen we then move closer. Too strong and a black hole is created, this may form some galaxies.

I prefer to just enjoy the view instead of making up theories...even though I just did. My theories are not accepted by most people though, they want to believe science can actually figure everything out. Although what science has discovered is great, they will never be able to figure out the universe correctly unless they luck out.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok, that was cool and brought very clearly. Thanks for it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The Euclidean Universe, which disputes the entire current thoughts on Accelerating Expansion, has recently gotten a boost from the examination of distant galaxies' luminosities.

This then does not support most of Cosmology and this guys assured demeanor.
edit on 31-5-2014 by largo because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: largo

I assume by "Euclidean Universe" you mean the infinite flat model. He does mention that at the end of the video, but everything he said about the hubble sphere and particle horizon still holds true even if the universe is infinite. Space is perfectly capable of expanding in an infinite flat universe, which is also something he mentions at the end of the video. What really comes into question is our understanding of the big bang, which he also mentions.
edit on 1/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join