It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ankara suspends pumping Euphrates’ water (into Syria)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Cool. I'll remember all your justifications when I move up in the ranks of Canadian politics. When your country begs mine for fresh water, I'll just say that's real tough for you and watch your western cities turn to dust, unless they formally join our confederation.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Vovin
Yeah .... no hate and totally on topic there bud .... sure. /sarcasm

BTW .. You just said this -

I'm pretty damn sure that any NATO member's action affects the alliance itself.

Which contradicts your opening post.

What you just said there is correct ... that one NATO members actions CAN AFFECT the alliance .. but what you said in the opening post was that NATO itself did the action. That's very different. If Turkeys action affects NATO, that means Turkey is doing the action and NATO is just getting the fallout from it. So you contradicted your opening post. Have you realized you got the opening post wrong and are now going with this latest (and correct) statement ... that Turkey affected NATO and that NATO didn't turn off the water?

I contradicted nothing. Sorry if you can't understand that overt and covert actions are both still actions.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Canadians standing against the combined US army? uh huh. Wake me when you are done dreaming that they could actually stop the US from annexing canada by force if needed. Canada is pretty darn weak in comparison and Im sure france would love to reclaim peices of it in exchange for water rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

@ GOZER. That would be worrisome IF IT WAS A ANGEL DOING IT AND NOT A MAN AT A SWITCH. NOT TIME YET. LOL!

Most of Revelation is allegorical. In other words, if the visions were given by God to a man in the year 70AD, he explained them as best he could, given the limited technological knowledge of his day. Revelation talks about a beast with 7 heads and 10 horns coming up out of the sea. It's allegorical. There won't really be a monster with seven heads and ten horns.

In the same way, the writer of Revelation might have seen the future of the river, not flowing and dried up, so he used the allegorical tool of an angel pouring out a vial, drying it up. Do you believe a literal angel will arrive, pour something from a real vial into the river, and dry it up?

There won't really be a "Whore of Babylon" riding around on a beast either. Sounds like fun, but I doubt it happens that way.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin
I contradicted nothing. Sorry if you can't understand that overt and covert actions are both still actions.

Basic English. You contradicted yourself.

First you said NATO did it.
Then you said Turkeys actions affected NATO.

If you can't see the difference between those two statements, then there is no talking with you.
edit on 6/1/2014 by FlyersFan because: more polite

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Basic English. You contradicted yourself.

First you said NATO did it.
Then you said Turkeys actions affected NATO.

If you can't see the difference between those two statements, then there is no talking with you.

And I mean both statements. Are you too inept to understand that, or are you just here to derail the thread like in every other thread I've seen you post in?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Canadians standing against the combined US army? uh huh. Wake me when you are done dreaming that they could actually stop the US from annexing canada by force if needed. Canada is pretty darn weak in comparison and Im sure france would love to reclaim peices of it in exchange for water rights.

So in using your logic, Syria should invade Turkey to access water since Turkey is withholding that resource as a sanction against Syria?

And you don't think NATO would invoke collective retaliation for an attack on Turkey?

(This is directed for FlyersFan) Nah that's all just crazy talk. NATO is too stupid to plan two steps ahead to achieve an objective that it has consistently failed at for the last two years. No way NATO would have any ability to make a plan like that. After all, Syria and Turkey were allies up until a couple years ago when Turkey flipped positions, but that was purely coincidental and had nothing to do with NATO's geostrategic designs for that entire region.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Oh indeed.. I agree. It's an enormous thing when they all essentially live in the desert. Water control and diversion is the stuff of wars and national security policy in that region. After all...a bomb kills a few but diversion of a major water source risks hundreds of thousands or even millions in a short term kind of way.

Above Top Secret (i.e. "A Total Seduction"
) SHOULD ( at least seriously consider to ) place this Event-Situation ...
Up-Front-Top-n-Center.

( espescially since ... The MSM Is Not )

-
DISCLOSURE: J.M.O. ... ( or Just My Opinion ).

edit on 1-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Cool. I'll remember all your justifications when I move up in the ranks of Canadian politics. When your country begs mine for fresh water, I'll just say that's real tough for you and watch your western cities turn to dust, unless they formally join our confederation.

Before you move up in Canadian politics you should at least understand the fresh water argument and how that topic shaped the current borders of Canada. Ill give you a hint - it involves the Great Lakes. Secondly I lived next door to a Canadian province and visited often. I seriously doubt the Canadian people are going to elect you to office and if some strange fluke occurs, like it has in the US, I take comfort in knowing those types of politicians are outvoted by the sane members of government.

I prefer politicians who are willing to talk instead of rushing to a decision that is based on personal rather than constituent reasons.

Since your willing to dump water why stop there. Pull out of NATO and defend yourself from Russia/China. Im sure the Canadian armed forces can deal with both countries in the coming years regarding arctic claims.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

GO back to page 1. i posted a plan the syrians have drawn up to attack turkeys dams from syria itself. So syria already has plans to attack turkey.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Turkey doesn't own the Euphrates, what Ankara is doing is pure evil. His own countrymen are declaring him crazy.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

Yeah we know they dont own it BUT they own the land it runs through.they can divert it for their own purposes. Its a jerk move but if you have th earmy to back it up it dont matter. its in effect blockading it. The russians did something similiar by blocking ukraine harbor and th e UN didnt step in then so they wont now.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah we know they dont own it BUT they own the land it runs through.they can divert it for their own purposes. Its a jerk move but if you have th earmy to back it up it dont matter. its in effect blockading it. The russians did something similiar by blocking ukraine harbor and th e UN didnt step in then so they wont now.

Thanks yuppa,

Syria and Iran will retaliate with bombing Turkish dams And then what? More Scripture fulfilled concerning Damascus?

Jesus Mercy

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Since Turkey is a NATO member you tell us what would happen next.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

And I mean both statements.

Then you are just dead wrong. NATO did nothing.

Are you too inept to understand that, or are you just here to derail the thread like in every other thread I've seen you post in?

Blah blah whine ... Grow up. Discuss the facts. The FACT is that you blamed NATO and you still do. The FACT is that NATO didn't do this. The FACT is that Syria already has plans to attack Turkey. The FACT is that this is between Turkey (not NATO) and Syria, and has been for a long time. Address the facts ... not the posters.

Tit for tat between Syria and Turkey ... and Syria has done it's fair share of attacks on Turkey. This isn't NATO. This is an issue between Syria and Turkey ...

From October 2012

Although NATO countries have tried to stay out of the escalating violence and widespread bloodshed in Syria, it now is in danger of being drawn into the conflict following a mortar attack against a Turkish town from the Syrian side which killed five Turks, prompting Turkey to shell Syrian military posts in retaliation.

The Turkish government led by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it did not want a war with Syria, but had its parliament approve further military action against Syria as required, resulting in the shelling of Syrian military targets for a second day.

This latest flare-up between Syria and Turkey — following Syria’s downing of a Turkish reconnaissance aircraft in June — illustrates how dangerous the situation in strife-ridden Syria has become with its ability to draw other countries into a conflict that has already reportedly killed 30,000, a majority by their own government, since the uprising began in March of last year.

Turkey Takes in 500,000 Syrian Refugees

Syrians Bomb Turkish Border - 43 Dead - Turkey Takes In Syrian Wounded

Syria and Turkey have had border disputes for a long time.
Syria/Turkey Border Disputes

Over populated small countries ... too many people for not enough water ...
Middle East Water Politics

Within the Middle East, all major rivers cross at least one international border, with rivers like the Tigris and Euphrates crossing through three major Middle Eastern nations. This means that the nations, cities and towns downstream from the next are hugely effected by the actions and decisions of other groups they have little practical control over. In particular this is evident with the cutting of water supply from one nation to the next, just as issues of air pollution affect the states surrounding that which is producing the pollution initially. It is believed that up to 50% of water required for any specific state within the Middle East finds its source in another state.

SYRIA is complaining about Turkey taking water ... but Syria is doing the same thing to JORDAN Jordon had to turn to desalinization techniques and it turned to ISRAEL for water. Jordon and Israel are cooperating and getting people the water they need.

Jordan has little water, and dams in Syria have reduced its available water sources over the years.[24] Confronted by this lack of water, Jordan is preparing new techniques to use non-conventional water resources, such as second-hand use of irrigation water and desalinization techniques, which are very costly and are not yet used. A desalinization project will soon be started in Hisban, south of Amman. The Disi groundwater project, in the south of Jordan, will cost at least $250 million to bring out water. Along with the Al-Wehda Dam on the Yarmouk River, it is one of Jordan's largest strategic projects. The dam was first proposed in 1953 as part of the Johnston mission's Unified Plan; however, political differences between Israel and Jordan prevented construction from beginning until 2004. The dam is currently listed as a "Work in Progress" on the website of the Turkish contractor Ozaltin.[25]

Under the 1994 Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace Israel has agreed to provide 50 million cubic meters of water (1.7 billion ft3) to Jordan annually. According to the treaty the two countries would cooperate in order to allow Jordan better access to water resources, notably through dams on the Yarmouk River

Perhaps Syria should stop being hypocritical ... they are doing to Jordan what they are complaining about Turkey doing. Perhaps Syria should modernize and get into desalinization projects. Makes a whole lot more sense then threatening Turkey just because Turkey is taking care of it's own people with dam projects.

edit on 6/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well ... 24 hours later ... no one is disputing that Syria is a hypocritical country ... trash talking Turkey for using dams to take care of it's people but Syria does the same thing with Jordan. So .... /dead thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Oh My GOD!

If you know Greek then you will understand what this video says. The words are from a monk of Mount Athos who made miracles both in life and after his sleep. 25 years ago he described the specific event and said that "when you see that, know that the Big War is coming".

EDIT: It says that in 5:50 of the video.

His name was "Geron Paisios the Agioritis" or "Γέρων Παΐσιος ο Αγιορείτης". The Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomaios announced that within 2014, Geron Paisios will become a Saint as he has made hundrers of miracles after his sleep.

I am honestly amazed with this new!!!
edit on 5-6-2014 by JesusChristwins because: added the time

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Please do tell us how Putin is losing Syria to.

(post by Vovin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well ... 24 hours later ... no one is disputing that Syria is a hypocritical country ... trash talking Turkey for using dams to take care of it's people but Syria does the same thing with Jordan. So .... /dead thread.

Maybe I didn't want to waste my time reading your hostile crap.

It's really not my fault that you cannot accept that all I did was post a news article about a current event. This thread is about Turkey cutting off fresh water to millions of Syrians. But you are bent on posting about how everything I post is wrong and how Syria has done this or that in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join