It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important changes coming soon to ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Over the next two weeks, astute and/or active members will notice incremental changes in ATS code and functions. The two most important changes are related to our code-base, and a new discussion board.

ATS programming changes

The code-base is being slowing modified to support multiple boards under one master above:board board software. Currently, BTS and ATS are running under two slightly different versions of code to support a couple unique features in each board. This will soon end, and BTS will transition to below.abovetopsecret.com instead of www.belowtopsecret.com.

New ATS political board

Following the code base modifications, the new political board will be launched with a wide variety of new forums for discussion of global politics, political ideology, and politicians. Once the new board is launched, all political discussion not directly related to conspiracies must occur there. ATS will return to it's more pure roots of conspiracies, government projects, UFO/aliens, and related topics. As the programming changes, there will undoubtedly be surprising results in board appearance, color-schemes, and the odd code error. Please have patience, as these are all part of making sure ATS supports our current and growing base of users.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Will ATS points transfer to the new Politics board, or will it be a totally different point system like BTS?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm really looking forward to the new politics board

Hooray for ATS

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Only ATS forums currently generate points. A few of the new poltical forums will generate points, but as always, the most points are to be gained from ATSNN, Debate, and similar premium content contributions.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Great.

That would explain why my G4 with a 1.25cpu and 1.25gig Ram started running the cooling fan
when i was logged into both ATS/BTS.

Good news S.O.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Will this cause more bandwidth problems, or are you planning to fix thta at the same time?

---pineapple

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thanks for giving us the BOOT S.O.....

Im up to speed on all threads related to this topic, and understand whats occuring and why...

Im just not wild about it and feel like politico's are being excluded from the main ATS and stuffed into a corner.

Will searches search both regular ATS and ATS-P as im calling it?

Please put a link from ATS to ATS-P and vice versa and DONT make us re-log in between the 2.....that would be a real pain.. more so than keeping up on conspiracies and politics at the same time will become already...

Getting some points for posts would be great....dont cut us off there

VERY skeptical, but willing to wait and see before casting my final vote on these new things.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Im just not wild about it and feel like politico's are being excluded from the main ATS and stuffed into a corner.

Precisely! Politics do not belong on ATS.

Especially not clogging up the wider ATS board with partisan junk.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ding! Ding! Ding! Whaaadu we have for'em, Johnny!?!?
What Kano said.
Believe it or not, this wasn't a political board when I stumbled upon it, and I'm glad to see the politics get split off.
Now, maybe some rational dicussion about things like conspiracies can once again take place.
Yeah, I noticed the paradox in that last sentence while I was typing it, but you know what I mean!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just curious if ID plays into this master merger and re-vamp plan. Ill shoot a u2u to you about it though.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As the programming changes, there will undoubtedly be surprising results in board appearance, color-schemes, and the odd code error. Please have patience, as these are all part of making sure ATS supports our current and growing base of users.

I'm pretty sure this is going to r0XX0r! Thanks to the ATS team for continuing to move ATS forward against the raging tides of ignorance!

While I think "ghettoizing" the mindless partisan rancor on a sub-board only shuffles the problem around, I would be lying if I said I wasn't glad to see that crap being moved off the main ATS board.

Then again, maybe isolating it might allow for managing it more effectively and giving it the special attention political discussion needs. I recommend issuing an extra thick set of asbestos body armor to the PTS mods. God bless each and every one of those brave souls!

Anyway, lest the staff get the mistaken impression that all I can do is complain, complain, complain, be sure to put me down in the "Yippee! Yahoo! Right On! Hell Yeah!" category with respect to these upcoming changes.

[edit on 12/1/2004 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
good news everytime SO makes a thread like this

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why cant www.belowtopsecret.com just redirect to below.abovetopsecret.com? So we type BTS.com and still get to the main page?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thank you for informing us SO

Again, we can see how much of an asset you are to ATS

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
below.abovetopsecret.com - BATS?

Is THAT going to be the new acronym? With RATS, it'll make for a nice zoo of animals here.

I agree with dreamlandmafia with the fact that belowtopsecret.com should be a redirect to below.abovetopsecret.com. It's gonna be too annoying to type that in when we've been used to BTS.com for so long.

I just guess we should wait to see what the final word is from SO...

HEY, HO... LET'S GO!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 1-12-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You could always just click the top menu bar to navigate...

---pineapple

new topics

top topics

join