It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Passes Amendment Denying Funds to 'Operation Choke Point'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: solomons path

Its just odd as here in the UK I visit a number of coin shops and it just seems like a normal business. All of them in top end high street areas not shady back room alleys.

Had no idea they were viewed so negatively in the states.

It always comes as a shock to me the things your restricted or banned from buying.

Im starting a chemicals sales company company to get a bit of part time cash. Things im supplying are 100% legal to buy and sell in the UK but the same thing would get be 25 years in a US jail!

I like fireworks and buy them all the time here in the UK. Big ones. Again id get jail time in the states.

Its odd that you can buy a machine gun but cant buy common chemicals or fireworks and now coins

Makes zero sense to me.

You can get Fireworks Supplies in the US as well. Coin shops fall under the cash business side of business these are all becoming highly scrutinized because it is much harder to track by the gubment for tax money.

If you live in the right state you can get both a machine gun and a silencer with a tax stamp. Yeah it's just a matter of money. $200.00 and you to can have a silencer.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Wait, wut? o.O I understand the point of being wary of shady businesses, but if I read this right, the government is harassing (essentially) banks for doing legitimate business . . . with legitimate businesses?

And the reason for this would be? Did the government appoint itself the Moral Authority or something (wait, redundant question)

They already believe they know better than we do how we should live our lives.

Try buying a 32 oz. drink in NYC.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

BTW, it might not happen but if I were you I would take pictures of this article. It might be taken down.

I am not sure if any of you saw it but Senator Chuck Grassley had put up information on his website about an inquiry he made on a "terrorist hand off list" which was described in DHS emails. Not long after the Senator put up that information on his website it was taken down and all you see now is this.

www.grassley.senate.gov...

Part of the info can be found on other websites such as.
www.judicialwatch.org...

I am not even sure if this made it to ATS.

Anyway, my point is this sort of info is something those in power don't want people to know about.

Those in power want to disarm law abiding Americans and to allow real terrorists into the country as scapegoats to introduce more totalitarian laws.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join