It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been hated by a complete stranger?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
About a year ago I was in my local pharmacist with a doctor's prescription; there were 3 items on it and it cost a fair bit - I hadn't anticipated how much, and I was short of cash. So I excused myself and said I would get some cash from the ATM across the road.
I did this, got the prescription, went home.

Ever since I've been to this pharmacist, the guy who served me that day keeps giving me a really filthy look as if I'm the devil incarnate.

I purposely try to avoid him, which isn't difficult as he's usually in the back of the shop dispensing medicines. But even when someone else is serving me, he seems to appear and then he's giving me this deadpan eyeballing.

I'm grinning and looking behind me thinking, "WTF is going on here?"

A couple of things: he's Pakistani/Indian and they can be a bit arrogant with white males, but I've never experienced this relentless cold stare thing before. Also he's smaller and probably not as strong as me, so I'm not intimidated by him.

I'm just bothered that he seems to hate me for absolutely no reason...I don't know this dude from Adam.

Weird.

I could just quietly take him to one side and say, "WTF is your problem?" but it's easier saying than doing.

Anyone else got a similar tale?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hated by a complete stranger? Sure! Happens to me on ATS all the time.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Oh shut your yap you mangy mutt.
I couldn't help it....opportunity doesn't knock that often.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
A couple of things: he's Pakistani/Indian and they can be a bit arrogant with white males,

I've never noticed anything of the sort.

Maybe it's just your basic race hate?

Surely you're familiar with the phenomenon?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Out of curiosity,

why didn't you just pay the difference or the whole bill with your card in the first place ?

Maybe the guy has an "issue" with that.

Sometimes pharmacists are picky and some have a "Monk" complex.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
When I was a teen, there was this guy that I hated instantly upon seeing, and he also hated me on the spot. We didn't speak a word. Our looks were enough for all to understand our mutual hate of each other.

Then, a year later, there was this friend, we had gone out dancing that night, he tells me his great friend was in the place and he wanted me to meet him. He had been telling me about this guy for a year.
So I agree and he goes to get his friend, and he comes back with my nemesis...

Both our faces dropped down. We growlingly shook hands and began talking.

Well, what do you know! That guy was actually great, and we had a trainload of fun the following years. We became friends the moment we started talking together. We couldn't believe it and laughed so much about it.

So yeah, hate from a stranger happened to me, and it had a happy ending. I hope for you that it turns kind of that way.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Have you considered that perhaps you are reading his stare incorrectly.

Perhaps, he loves you, is infatuated with you and the only chance he has is to gaze at you from a distance. You just never know these days!

That should give you something else to think about next time you lay eyes on him.

P

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Should have left out the race Issue, since I could care less about race! All are @ssholes if you ask me! Could just ask nicely and find out you know.

Most do not like me either, could be I say it like it is or wait until I have the time to get you back someday. I've come to find that Treating people as they so treat me sends them questioning themselves. People are just plain Rude, so caught up in their lives. They forgot to be Human. When is the last time you met someone, Down To Earth? Rare!

Plus, sometimes you just meet the Other You, or your Reflection. Man Up and Ask, So you may Learn something about yourself! Then again, might actually become a Good Friend someday. Sucks having to be on guard everyday, It's Law Nowadays!

Peace

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Maybe he's a scientologist and he sees all his customers as full of body thetans!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Maybe you were right and hes looking right at you, right now.

no? Probably nothing then.

Its happened to me before. who cares.

edit on 30-5-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I've never noticed anything of the sort.

That's because you live in Toronto.

Come to Britain and put your saintly forbearance to the test.

a reply to: xuenchen

why didn't you just pay the difference or the whole bill with your card in the first place ?

That's what I should have done.

But still...

a reply to: pheonix358

Perhaps, he loves you

Possible.

If it's love though he's got a funny way of showing it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I can't understand the mystification here?

Any person of colour knows what it's like to be hated by complete strangers.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Set him straight in front of everybody.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yeah man.

I had this one guy walking down the street in NYC stop and give me the death stare. I gave it back too. Unexplained instant hate. I honestly felt like we picked each other out of the mobs of people walking out of some instinctual hormonal reaction. I felt this guy and he felt me. We would have killed each other had my dad not pulled me aside and sent me inside.

I cant describe it well, but I wasnt even thinking clearly. He and I were absolute enemies. My head hurt how bad this guy made me feel. I imagine it was similar for him. It was like a melody throbbing in my head. Like when you get knocked out and you wake up.

He was walking minding his own business, I was working outside fixing the fruit in our little grocery store. We felt eachothers presence a block away. When we were side by side, HATE is not a word that does justice to what we felt. I know we would have went at it for no apparent reason.

Sometimes we just dont get along. Instinct, pheromones, psychic link...I dont know what causes it. I have never felt like that before or after. I will never forget it though.

edit on 5 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
He could have mistaken you for someone else. Everyone has a doppelganger they say. There used to be a guy who lived in the same suburb as me who looked a bit like me with the same hair colour and all. This guy was a tough sort of guy who rode with a bike gang. I sometimes got looks of fear or disgust or recognition as people thought they knew me! I eventually found out this guys name as I was having a beer with an ex-cop. So don't worry he is probably mistaking you for someone else.
cheers

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Change your after shave, your scent is either too appealing or disgusting to him.. if its not the after shave then your pheromones are sending wrong messege

Don´t recall stranger hating me in RL.. the opposite and situations are akward ( baffled )

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Have I ever been hated by a stranger? Hmm let's see.

Police officer. Check.

Shaved Head. Check.

Visible tattoos. Check.

Listens to death metal. Check.

I think it is safe to say I am hated and judged by people who don't even know me on a daily basis.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Good story. I can well believe it.

Weird...or what?

a reply to: [post=17981835]grumpy64[/pos

I doubt it but it's a nice thought.

a reply to: dollukka

Yes, I often get the opposite scenario too.

And I don't know which is more annoying.

a reply to: TorqueyThePig

That could be your career choice.

I don't have a problem with the police myself, but a lot do.

Goes with the turf.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just to piggy back ( no pun intended, but I'll claim it anyway) on Tourqey' sentiment,
"Ever been hated by a total stranger?"
Heck, they got a whole forum of folks who don't know me, but hate me right here!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Mental health issues on the part of the hater?? Past life issues invading into present day?? Maybe. Instant hate. Your energies clash or you had a falling out in a past life or there is a mental health issue. Who knows ... but those are as good of guesses as anything else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join