It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year Old Soccer Prodigy signs $1M Deal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
WASHINGTON - Thirteen-year-old soccer prodigy Freddy Adu agreed to a $1 million contract with Nike, The Washington Post reported Monday.

Adu, already an offensive star on the U.S. under-17 national team, also has agreed to be represented by SportsNet, LLC.

Arnold Tarzay, a lawyer and family adviser, did not confirm the amount of the deal to the Post, which cited sources for the worth of the multiyear contract. The paper said Adu is not likely to sign a pro contract for at least a year.

LINK

On a side note, I personally got the chance to see him play. My travel club in Davie, Florida played against the team he played with back then, AC Milan U-18. I was injured so I couldnt play, the kid is a phenom.

[Edited on 5-27-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Damn.... a million bucks for a 13 year old!!! kool
. I wish I had that kind of money when I was 13.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Holy crap! Now I wished I could play soccer that good when I was a kid, but I sucked at sports minus golf. 1 million wow!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thats insane. They said he didnt plan on signing on pro for at least a year. Why is it that almost every other sport you forfeit your amateur status and aren't allowed to play amateur if you accept money or gifts, or shoe deals. Look at LeBron James, he almost missed the end of his high school career because some sports store gave him a few throwback jerseys.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nike's just shelling it out to kids lately, huh?

Note to Freddy: Should've played basketball...that bloke got like 90 million,

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

top topics

join