It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless people-is it our duty to protect, feed & keep warm?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful and spot on Chakotay ! We are all enslaved and we dont know it. I have often longed for a life more simple in a rainforest somewheres. Im sure I could adjust and thrive. Sadly I have a wife and Daughters who just wouldnt buy it. Im a slave to modernity. You tell folk this idea, and they say "sure, well go back to the trees". I say why not, no need to give up modern medical advancements, but almost anything else i can think of, we could do without, if we tried. If ever we have a global nuke war, we may well have to anyway. If im honest with myself however, There are also many things Id be hard pressed to give up too. The more complex life becomes the bigger the mess we make of things.( think enviroment).
The simpler the life we live, the more in touch with nature and spiritual
development we are.
My kids fight over computer games and the like, and I think to myself, kids in third world countries, ive never seen them fight, nothing to fight over.
I would love to build a wooden cabin and live without societys madness, aka grizzly adams, far from citys and roads and cars , and pollution.

What revelations await in the mind of a man who can hear himself think!

[edit on 2-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Helping people is an important thing; especially those who cannot (notice I did not say WILL not) help themselves.

That is why I make it a point to give to the Salvation Army, as that is what they do - help the poor, feed them, clothe them, etc.

When you go to the stores this Christmas season, even if you use credit cards for shopping as I do, run by the ATM and get some cash for the bell ringer.
Uh, and remember, Target doesn't allow them in front of their stores anymore. Keep that in mind when you go shopping, too.

<< 1  2   >>

join