It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The preached by Christians and accepted by state according to the bible.
Then there is conspiracies that Jesus never lived.
Then there is conspiracies about a living Jesus contrary to the bibles.

I do not believe in miracles and have many doubts around the biblical version preached to me.

There does seem lacking evidence and because of the way he is preached I think the biblical one is made up but I like to think that there was a man who suggested new ideas about God and how we should live.

That is a Jesus contrary to the bible.

Which Jesus' do you know or would like to be right?
edit on 30-5-2014 by guidetube because: clarity

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: guidetube

The Historical Figure Of Jesus

He most certainly existed.

If you're truly interested in learning about him from the point of view of a preeminent scholar, and not preached at, the above book is highly recommended.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
To answer your question, you will have to watch a movie called "The Man From Earth".

It is free and available on YouTube.

SPOIL ALERT!!

In my opinion, I'd rather believe that Jesus was a 14,000 year old caveman that was immortal and can never die. Traveled around the world, learned teachings from the Buddha, then tried to pass along those teachings to the West but was rejected and killed.

He learned from Tibetan monks how to put his body into a hibernation form, where it seemed like he's dead, to escape prosecution. After he gets buried in the cave, his body normalizes then he tried to escape, only to find a lot of his disciples waiting outside, witnessing the so called "miracle rebirth". Then all of the stories and teachings were greatly exaggerated and taken out of context.

Aw jeeze, I think I might have spoiled the movie already

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I like to think that there was a man who suggested new ideas about God and how we should live. That is a Jesus contrary to the bible.

Correction... Contrary to Christianity...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Jesus was a philosopher of the cynic school. That would be my ideal Jesus.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Im not sure on the difference between the bible Jesus and Christian.
The thought of him being made up bothers me. Were those stories meant for control or just to try and paint his picture.

The book linked looked good and the old Jesus was explained well but new on me.

edit on 30-5-2014 by guidetube because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube
Im not sure on the difference between the bible Jesus and Christian.
The thought of him being made up bothers me. Were those stories meant for control or just to try and paint his picture.

The book linked looked good and the old Jesus was explained well but new on me.

Well that's the problem... There shouldn't be a difference between "bible Jesus" and a Christian...

That's the sad Part

edit on 30-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
He may have really existed, he may not; it's not important.

Jesus was a myth that caught the public imagination.

Young, holy, good, betrayed by a friend, died a violent death...all the right ingredients.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Yes quite nice that. Cynicism I don't quite agree with. Not living in the gutters but doing enough to survive, live of the land type thing. The hippy Jesus you could say?

Still not sure which the 2 different Jesus' you seem to suggest Akragon?

Believing in a Jesus dying and coming back a long time later in actual physical existence is difficult to say the least.
Believing in the one that was a cynic or some other holy man whose name lives on through similar believing people is nice.
Being preached a total fabrication or manipulation is worrying.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I heard somewhere down the line, He was Colored and not as pictured in todays world. Then again, heard it was created out of Nothing to sell Relg. Yet somehow I find most do not really even Know Who He Was. Come to think about it, I do not think any Chapter was even written by Him. And if so, most of them stories told would be from a different perspective anyways.

Since before Time Itself lol, The Bible has been changed and words that had meaning then do differ now. I find it eazy to believe that their are many other Chapters either left out or hidden from the masses. Yet He Did Exist and can use various Chapters to see that He Did.

I for one think we need a New Book or go the way most Great Teachers have done in the past. Drop what you think you know about Relg and various points of views about it and go find it out on your Own. Jesus younger age is missing and some claim, traveled to other parts in the world before becoming Christ. Then we have Buddha who decided to sit under a tree for how long? Watching people do what they do and somehow became another Holy Person down the path of Time.

In todays World, if hearing voices, or a burning bush was talking to you most would call you crazy, nuts, or in need of pills! Even if you claimed God actually Talked to you and could prove it, most would say your talking to Demons, in the Black Arts, ect. So most that is actually said now coming from God is placed in the Evil Box and gets set aside nowadays.

Best one can do is instead of reading the stories of Relg, Seek out All Of Them! Then you can see the differences and get down to what might be real now. Of course, it would only be Your Perspective and thats it. Or one can drop the Relg idea and go see whats wrong outside Himself as a Whole.

You will come to find out later most of what you thought was Relg is Hogwash and has no meaning in Todays World. Just take a good look at the World and you can see Relg has gone out the window anyways! That does not mean it does not Exist, you just have to toss out that Crap told to you as a child or what stories you were Led to Believe.

When you take God, Relg and place it to the side for the moment. You find what is left is nothing but Yourself and the choices You make. You either Know your doing them or like 75% run on Auto. I claim no Relg, yet I have seen so many Specials Things I do Wonder if we somehow got it all wrong.

Then again, Who really wants to confront Themselves? Having something other, Out There one can place blame: Devil made me do it, Demons in my house, Must have pissed of God. Never ever hear the words, I F___ Up! It's this person, this job, or my life has a bad luck moment.

Tear into that Hole you have in your Heart and start making Larger Holes! Or another way, instead of Drawing the Light In, Be The Light so others can follow if they choose. So you have a bad day, if you gave it your best you should be proud you did. Tomorrow is another day and since it really does not Exist might as well do what you can Today!

Peace

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think it's possible he was a Roman construct to promote ignorance of self. Everything Jesus said about himself is true about every single one of us, so it's possible that Rome took these universal truths and labeled them the property of one man and one man alone. They took teachings they found through conquest then personified them into a mythical character with paganism sprinkled on top.

Then again he could have been a real person, I don't know honestly.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or just cleverly taught to promote the possibility of God and the challenges man faces. To help us see good rather than be blinded.

Relg also seems to be cynic type? Or a mission rather than person.

Also find it interesting to consider the impossibility of the biblical type descriptions. Such as why so many follow it when not believing. Is it written so well that we are stuck with it, never loosing God or Jesus' teachings or devised deviously.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't believe in Jesus (as the bible tells it)
But I do believe he was just a very smart guy that others around him couldn't understand.
So they wrote his stories down in a book, which no doubt got exaggerated over the years (a bit like how Chinese whispers works) into.. Well, this mess.. :-|
Thanks exaggeraters, talk about creating a monster.
edit on 30/5/14 by OpenEars123 because: My fingers were exaggerating

edit on 30/5/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A better question to ask might be: who IS Jesus?

You may get a chance to ask Him that question personally one day...

I suspect at that point the question would actually be moot anyway though.

My advice would be to find out ahead of time so you won't NEED to ask Him who He is.

Just a little FYI there.

"If Jesus did not exist, it makes Christianity a much more incredible phenomena than if he did." ~ James Hannam

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people."
LINK

“Contemporary New Testament scholars have typically viewed their [i.e. Jesus-mythers] arguments as so weak or bizarre that they relegate them to footnotes, or often ignore them completely....The theory of Jesus' nonexistence is now effectively dead as a scholarly question....Biblical scholars and classical historians now regard it as effectively refuted.” ~ Robert Van Voorst

edit on 30-5-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

How is Jesus the most documented figure in history? The only historian who wrote about him while alive was Josephus who worked for the ones who killed Jesus and one of the mentions Josephus made of him was mostly interpolation.

There are thousands of people who were more well documented than Jesus, to say otherwise is intellectually dishonest. No one questions whether Caesar was real because his life was documented while he was alive, Jesus is questioned because all information about him came after he died.
edit on 5/30/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84 You are hinting to the ability through much energy and faith to turn your head into a crystal skull. There is more than one of the Jesus son of mary since this is not our first round trip on this rock.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Jesus has been written about more than any other person in history. The historical evidence, both religious and secular, all agree that Jesus was in fact real and did exist in the region of Judea in the early 1st century. To deny that He existed is to deny historical evidence and fact. The Bible has been proven accurate through textual criticism by Biblical scholars, both religious and secular, for well over 500 years through weighing manuscript evidence. When I say accurate what I mean is that it has been proven that the Bible we read today matches the original autographs with a margin or error of less than 2%, and that 2% is not important as far as theological or orthodox doctrine is concerned. You may not agree with any of that, but I assure you that is only because of a lack of due diligence on your part. The historical evidence and facts cannot be argued with. Having said all of that, this discussion is always framed wrong. It is usually about whether or not Jesus existed, and whether or not the Bible is accurate today as far as how it was originally penned. Both of those answers have been given... YES He existed, and YES the Bible is indeed accurate as far as it representing what was originally penned. The question then becomes... Do you BELIEVE it? Not did He exist... Not is the Bible accurate, because it is. Do you believe what it says? That is the question.
edit on 30-5-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe you should decide based on how following the basics of the NT effect you? Perhaps the truth is in the pudding? Give it a go, I did full time for awhile and still do on and off, a month here, a month there…its difficult to maintain with everything going on today, would take a person with total focus and control. Anyone here up for it? You'll have your answer….

Here's a thread on what happens when you go for it, I didn't finish the thread due to all the u2us/requests.

One day I'll post the rest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

STM
edit on 30-5-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Murgatroid

How is Jesus the most documented figure in history? The only historian who wrote about him while alive was Josephus who worked for the ones who killed Jesus and one of the mentions Josephus made of him was mostly interpolation.

There are thousands of people who were more well documented than Jesus, to say otherwise is intellectually dishonest. No one questions whether Caesar was real because his life was documented while he was alive, Jesus is questioned because all information about him came after he died.
The statement has been made many times and there is much info out there about your question. If you want the answer it will not come in a reply of one post in a conspiricy forum but then again you have been around long enough and have probaly been through the evidence and that was a retorical or militious type question.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

you/we
are aware that Jesus is historically sandwiched between Buddah -&- Mohammed...
in a 1,200 year window

that, I think, is significant

also, the Jesus guy never had a scribe to record his 'epic' (& some say Divine) words/ thoughts/ actions/ responses...
no he required illiterate 'fishermen' as his inner-circle
the educated 'inner circle' i.e. Judas and the reformed Tax-Collector Paul were basically his adversaries in that 12 member cabal

edit on th31140150064330442014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join