It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem to Hispanic Republican: 'We Need to Send Her Back to Wherever She Really Came From'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't really know if this is relevant, but I attended grad school in a very small school and town in NM. I was one of perhaps three "Anglo" women on campus. Once the locals heard my southern okie accent and saw that I had blue eyes, I would frequently get snarky comments about how I "should go back to Texas or wherever the hell" I was from.

It was later explained to me by a very nice local lady that "Anglo" Texas ranchers had been buying up land in NM for grazing their cattle and this had angered many locals. It was put to me that basically, the Hispanic locals were pissed that whites from out of state were buying up the locals' land.

Since this lady is from Texas, it might be more to do with that than her ethnicity...?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
She was born and raised in El Paso, Texas; yet she is the governor of New Mexico. She is a carpetbagger. Saying "We Need to Send Her Back to Wherever She Really Came From" is perfectly applicable to the situation.

Now, if she was from Mexico, then you may have a point; but she's not. No outrage necessary here; unless you want to feign it.
Hillary Clinton was a carpertbagger. Any thoughts on that?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
She was born and raised in El Paso, Texas; yet she is the governor of New Mexico. She is a carpetbagger. Saying "We Need to Send Her Back to Wherever She Really Came From" is perfectly applicable to the situation.

Now, if she was from Mexico, then you may have a point; but she's not. No outrage necessary here; unless you want to feign it.
Hillary Clinton was a carpertbagger. Any thoughts on that?

I believe that I have already addressed that. YES, Hillary was a carpetbagger; and she was given a hell of a time because of it...more than this governor from NM will ever see. Even being left-leaning, I thought it was in poor taste for Hillary to carpetbag NY. So, don't anyone call me a hypocrite, I firmly believe that you (our) representatives should have home roots in the district/state they represent. Shame on Hillary and shame on this NM Governor....but most of all, shame on the system and shame on the ignorant voters who elected them. So get off my back for pointing out FACTS. I know they hurt; but facts are facts.

More importantly...why, in your responses to me, do all of you righties keep bringing up Hillary? Is she the subject of this discussion? Or is she your typical deflection from the subject matter? Yeah, Hillary was a carpetbagger...her opponent tried to use it to his advantage....he still lost. Same applies here...it appears that BOTH candidates are carpetbaggers, so it should be a free-for-all on the matter.

So, given all that, WTF is the problem? It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the subject-matter of this discussion; now does it?
edit on 30-5-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

More importantly...why, in your responses to me, do all of you righties keep bringing up Hillary? Is she the subject of this discussion? Or is she your typical deflection from the subject matter? Yeah, Hillary was a carpetbagger...her opponent tried to use it to his advantage....he still lost. Same applies here...it appears that BOTH candidates are carpetbaggers, so it should be a free-for-all on the matter.

She is the right wingers biggest fear. Much like the way Ted Cruz is the left wingers biggest fear. Both are useless self serving politicians but they are popular in their respective parties.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Some of you are missing a point here. Those that keep calling her a "Carpetbagger"

Namely:

She's been residing in New Mexico since 1986.

That's 28 years that she's lived there.

But because she wasn't BORN there........then she's a "Carpetbagger" ????

Gee, I was born in Newport, RI........and was 3 months old when my parents moved out of the state. From that point on until 1989 I only lived up to 4 years in any one place. But I've now lived here in SC for the past 25 years.

But, according to some of you, it would be better if I ran for public office up in RI because I was BORN there....and not the place that I've called home and care about for the last 28 years????

And we say that the politicians are nuts......

:really rolling my eyes here:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Dem to Hispanic Republican: 'We Need to Send Her Back to Wherever She Really Came From'

Well this would be very typical coming from any Progressive Democrat like Alan Webber

And Webber himself is from..... St. Louis and has lived all over the place on top of that !!

It looks like he's been active in ultra Left Wing publications as well.

What a maniacal nut !!

And a flunky.

You know, they may be upset with her because she's a Hispanic Female that's not for illegal immigration.

You think?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Election 2014 Slogan

"Never go full retard."

Unfortunately Beez, many will do just that, or at least make statements that make them look like they have.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

You know, they may be upset with her because she's a Hispanic Female that's not for illegal immigration.

You think?

I would say that's 90% it.

This guy Webber isn't just the average Democrat.

He's ultra ultra Progressive.

She is an opposing Republican Hispanic Woman (The Democrats hate that).

And he has his orders.

He Must follow his orders relentlessly...or else !!

edit on May-30-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: guohua

You think?

I would say that's 90% it.

This guy Webber isn't just the average Democrat.

He's ultra ultra Progressive.

She is an opposing Republican Hispanic Woman (The Democrats hate that).

And he has his orders.

He Must follow his orders relentlessly...or else !!

Yes, I'm sure he's Following His Little Red Phone from The Big Phony!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join