It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminem for President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Does Eminem have plans for the presidency? He is 31 right now, in 2008 he will be 35, isn't the minimum age necessary for presidency? Anyways, he's been getting very political with the release of his video MOSH, which has two versions, the pre-Election version and the post-Election version, you can check them both out at www.eminem.com They are very anti-bush and even speak about the conspiracy's behind 9/11 with signs that say "BUSH KNEW" as well as a knife through Bush's head, storming of Congress and the All Seeing Eye.

I have noticed in his interviews lately that his entire line of clothing has now added "08" under all of their logos reading now "Shady 08" Is this a sign?

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Cyas, wrong boards. Unless of course we all consider Eminem a Terrorist

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
lol lol lol. Well at least we will have someone who can speak to todays youth
This is really too funny though Eminem for pres. I like his music and all but what makes you think he is qualified...erm sorry I forgot thats not part of the job description anymore... he isn't a proper stateman...erm that ain't applicable either. umm maybe he is qualified then

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Won't ever happen. Even if he writes himself in under the MTV Party, no one will take him seriously.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
well if eminem runs for president he'll probably pick Dr. Dre as his running mate for vice president......so guess what!!! it aint gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If he does run for president... It will be a sad day for america.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by cpr12r]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Won't ever happen. Even if he writes himself in under the MTV Party, no one will take him seriously.

Fame worked for the governator

Eminem for president...that's just funny. Why even bother, how many people would actually want a rapper representing our country in international politics

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Eminem if he does run probably will get votes from people ages 18-24.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I really like Em's music, I think that he is very mature (more than when he first started) and right now, I can't think of how our country can turn these politics around. If it's true....that in 08, it will be Hillary and Condoleeza, I will definitely be looking for an alternative. I am thinking about how screwed up this country is and neither hillary or condoleeza can turn that around, however someone LIKE eminem (maybe not him) is what we need. Someone who is not politically corrupted, we need a real person.

I don't think that if Eminem ran, it would be a bad thing for Americans. He represents the future of America. He rebels against the current administration as well as the democrats much like todays youth who a majority of are registered as independent.

Start looking for third-party candidates to pick up more ground with the youth vote moving farther and farther away from the 2party system.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I don't think that if Eminem ran, it would be a bad thing for Americans. He represents the future of America. He rebels against the current administration as well as the democrats much like todays youth who a majority of are registered as independent.

Trust me...Em is not the future of this country. Neither is the next rapper who comes out and rymes about being anti gov't. Do you honestly wnat someone like Em to have his hand on the triggers our stockpile of nukes. Or do you want Em to be our representation to other countries throughout the world? Or, do you wnat Em to make major decisions on where our education money goes to? High school drop outs don't make for the right person to decide how to spend on the education system.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KISSfreak

While I may not vote for him if he ran , I do have a great deal of respect for him because of what he's doing, voicing his political opinions through his music, especially because it seems to be popular.

Start looking for third-party candidates to pick up more ground with the youth vote moving farther and farther away from the 2party system.

I couldn't agree more

2008 will be the first election that I can vote in and I can guarantee now that I will not vote Republican or Democrat

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hmmm.........what a thought! I don't think so. I like Em, but not for a president.

:::side note:::: Why are you yelling in the thread title?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KISSfreak
I really like Em's music, I think that he is very mature

Talking about how his mom is a stupid drug addict and his wife is a dumb slut that he wants to kill and that he hates him some gays and runs around doing as many drugs as possible at a time is 'mature'?

(more than when he first started)

You mean liek that 'mosh' video where he calls for black robbed street thugs to storm barricades, attack police forces and seize congress?

and right now, I can't think of how our country can turn these politics around. If it's true....that in 08, it will be Hillary and Condoleeza, I will definitely be looking for an alternative. I am thinking about how screwed up this country is and neither hillary or condoleeza can turn that around, however someone LIKE eminem
What do you mean by 'like'? Young and 'unconventional'? Reform minded? I can't see an administration picked by eminem or anyone 'like' him being anything other than a disaster, and I don't see either party working with such an admin in congress.

(maybe not him) is what we need. Someone who is not politically corrupted,

Bwa hahaha. Ahem, sorry. You do understand that 'real people' don't get to run for president nationwide right? I mean, its a two party system, and what exactly is a person who's never held political office going to do as president anyway?

much like todays youth who a majority of are registered as independent.

And who, despite screaming that this is the most important election in history, failed to show up at the election booths in a higher percentage than last year.

There is no youth vote. It simply cannot be motivated. McGovern demonstrated this. The 'kids' had the choice to vote for a reform minded liberal president who wanted to stop the war in vietnam, the 'biggest issue of their generation' that they were either being drafted to fight in or were on the lam from, and Richard Nixon. And this is after Watergate hit the headlines. They did not get out to vote for him. Then you have this election, where the whole issue of the virtue and efficacy of pre-emptive war and unilateralism versus one-worldism and diplimatic peaceful ways of settling issues is being decided by a presidental election, with the choice never clearer, possibly in all of presidental history, between two entirely different (both ideologically and in practicality) paths for not only the nation but the entire planet to embark on, and they couldn't be bothered to get out and vote. Any party can't consider the youth vote, and therefore the opinions of the youth, to be anything more than marginal, and even then not enough to sway an election with a 1-2% margin of victory.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think Eminem is what the American people need. He probably doesnt know allot about pollitics but im pretty sure he can learn. America needs the truth and I feel as though eminem speaks the truth. He probably would not win if he ran for the presidency now but if he runs in about 20-30 years from now when all of those old a$$ republican and democratic failurs of human beings die he would win. But we really need someone who is truthfull now. I would vote for him or someone like him.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

Eminem for president...that's just funny. Why even bother, how many people would actually want a rapper representing our country in international politics

heh it is scary, hed be like "bitch, im gonna f*** you up if you do f***in listen to me." in the debates.

hes a wigger nothing more than a wigger. i hate him.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

heh it is scary, hed be like "bitch, im gonna f*** you up if you do f***in listen to me." in the debates.

hes a wigger nothing more than a wigger. i hate him.

Since you use the terms "wigger" and you hate him.Is it safe to say that you hate black people who act like him as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That is of course, assuming there even IS an election in 2008...

I wouldn't go buying the campaign buttons just yet, hehe....

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You guys are just being silly. He would never win, and I would vote for him.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

(more than when he first started)

You mean liek that 'mosh' video where he calls for black robbed street thugs to storm barricades, attack police forces and seize congress?

The problem is, they wouldn't know what to do if they were able to seize congress. They would be walking around, scratching their butts and asking "Where's the congress? Anyone know what it looks like?"

There is no youth vote. It simply cannot be motivated.

Be fair, now. They youth were out late Monday night partying and hating Bush. They had to sleep in. Mommy and daddy were supposed to take care of that voting thing.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. eminem for president?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Haven't we had enough fake people as president yet?...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join