It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Sterling Diagnosed with Alzheimers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And thus Society is once again saved from Mob Rule, thanks too the Legal system,,

Being dis-abled,, does that mean that Obama must appoligize as well??
or will he,,???
a reply to: sdcigarpig

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
Didn't you catch the sarcasm there?

The NBA has withdrawn all action against Donald Sterling. The incompetence diagnosis means the Sterling Family Trust controls the team. The SFT is selling the team and the NBA has approved. As the NBA has withdrawn action against Donald Sterling, all his legal points he planned to argue have evaporated. Of course he can still file suit, but it will go nowhere. He'll still personally profit, and I think he can actually go to games. He just can't be in the ''club.''

I was kind of looking forward to him socking it to the NBA. Just don't see it happening anymore.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.tmz.com... well hes suing the nba to the tune of 1billion lets see how this ends up

Donald Sterling has filed a lawsuit against the NBA for more than $1 BILLION, claiming he was unconstitutionally bullied out of the league. Sterling filed a federal lawsuit Friday afternoon ... claiming the NBA booted him from the league based on what he called an illegal recording that was widely publicized ... painting him as a racist. As you know ... TMZ obtained the recording and posted it on the website. Sterling also claims the $2.5 million fine was baseless and a violation of antitrust laws. Shelly Sterling sold the team late Thursday to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 billion. The deal will almost certainly be ratified by the NBA. Read more: www.tmz.com...
weather he has a case probably doesn't matter to him what with the diseases he has and all

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Those will be tossed out pretty quick I think.

The main argument is that he claims the nba devalued the franchise. Considering it sold for 1.5 billion higher than estimated value, I dont think thatll hold much water.

Also, rumor has it that there is language in the agreement for the sale that no one from the sterling family will sue the nba.

This is going to be over much more quickly than people think.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

i know nothing at all about anti trust laws and the like could you perhaps enlighten a layman in this matter you seem to be far more informed then i am about these matters

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The NBA's complete statement:

The NBA, Shelly Sterling and the Sterling Family Trust today resolved their dispute over the ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers. Under the agreement, the Clippers will be sold to Steve Ballmer, pending approval by the NBA Board of Governors, and the NBA will withdraw its pending charge to terminate the Sterlings' ownership of the team.

Because of the binding agreement to sell the team, the NBA termination hearing that had been scheduled for June 3 in New York City has now been cancelled. Mrs. Sterling and the Trust also agreed not to sue the NBA and to indemnify the NBA against lawsuits from others, including from Donald Sterling.

link

I can't see Donald being able to do a thing. NBA has pretty damn good lawyers too.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
It will be alot more complicated that what many would think or believe. A person with Alzheimer's disease, is not in full control over their mind. Things will come out of their mouth that is often shocking, even at times that will make some look and wonder. The lose of mental facility is horrible.

So if it is true, then it can be argued in court that he is incompitent and in short that the Sterling Trust will still retain control over his estate and his holdings. It also means that he will lose alot more, but the NBA and the board of goveners, to save face can not force him to sell, as it would not be legal.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
All I'm saying is the sale has already been found.
And now Sterling is suing for One Billion $$ for being 'forced to sell'
Story Here

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This just in ...

V. Stiviano, the fluffybunni girl friend of Clippers owner Donald Sterling, was auditioning to be in a reality TV series about GOLD DIGGERS. (she would be perfect for the part). During the interview in 2011 she went on a racist rant about black people. It was her speaking and it was not a script.

V Stiviano Racist Rant

Among the lowlights ...

-- "I don't understand black people. You give them a little bit of money, they don't know what to do with it."

-- "[Black people] just act crazy ... they're like, 'Yo, I wanna put extra rims on top of my rims. And my rims are gonna turn around. I'm gonna call them spinners.'"

The footage was shot back in 2011 as part of a reality show pilot about gold diggers -- V. Stiviano was one of the girls selected to appear ... and in the clip, she rambles on and on about finding a mega-rich guy to settle down with.

edit on 5/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

OH that is just Great. Im having a huge laugh here on this here lol! Just what she deserves.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

HA! Karma gots teeth for that girl. Thanks for the belly laugh. Methinks more little stink bombs from her past will crawl out from under rocks as time goes on.

The hour long interview I saw with her, it was apparent she thinks she's da bomb. Da bomb is gonna blow up in her face.

Des

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
All I'm saying is the sale has already been found.
And now Sterling is suing for One Billion $$ for being 'forced to sell'
Story Here
Yes, I understand this, and as I already explained, the diagnoses are all a part of this.

His lawsuit will be tossed.

You can guarantee that Shelly Sterling has already discussed this whole thing with the nba, which is why the sale will include the provision that no member of the sterling family can sue the nba.

This is over. Done with.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
His lawsuit will be tossed..

No question. I think we'll all be shocked if it's not.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

All those big juicy steaks caught up with him. So is this a move to excuse why he made those comments or a way to get him committed and out of the picture?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Here's some more on the poor, young woman who calls herself V.

V. Stiviano -- who is currently under investigation for extortion -- is no stranger to the criminal justice system. She's been arrested for at least 4 crimes and has used 5 aliases, and she's a true chameleon, changing her race from crime to crime.

2002 -- Stiviano was arrested by LAPD for petty theft. The official documents -- obtained by TMZ -- show she was a 5'4" 128 lb Hispanic woman named Vanessa Maria Perez. She was convicted and placed on probation.

2004 -- Stiviano was arrested by Santa Monica PD for another petty theft and felony burglary. Her name was Vanessa Maria Perez (same as the first) but this time she's taller and thinner -- a 5'8" 115 lb Hispanic woman.

2010 -- Stiviano was arrested by LAPD for possession of a controlled substance -- a felony. This time she's Vanessa Maria Perez again, but she's black, weighing in at 5'7" and 125 lbs.

2012 -- Stiviano was busted by CHP for DUI. This time she was booked as Monica Gallegos, a 5'7" 110 lb black woman. We don't know the disposition.

In addition to Vanness Maria Perez and Monica Gallegos, court records show she also used the names Maria Valdez, Maria Vanessa Perez and Mariamonica Perez Gallegos. She's currently going by V. Stiviano.

Now it's clear why Donald Sterling was so confused about her race in the recording.

link

Such a charming skank. I wouldn't doubt what other dubious players were involved in this drama. Magic comes to mind. I'm glad their bid failed.

With all respect for the situation, when you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas. You take a billionaire, serial adulterer, scandalous golddigger, a wife who takes it, billions of $$ and NBA team, add it all up, it's bound to happen sooner or later.

At least the Donald didn't try to dangle a state-of-the-art homeless shelter to misdirect his problems this time.
Skidrow mirage It's basically an expose on how he promised(implied) his support for a $50M homeless shelter in the midst of his housing discrimination lawsuit. A project that has yet to come to fruition. Another interesting note is how he had the practice of taking out full page ads to promote himself. It's an interesting and somewhat lengthy read. Safe to say that the person who wrote the piece isn't a big fan of the ol Tokowitz.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I suspected this when all this business first started.

If he does have Alzheimer's then it makes a whole lot of sense. People with so much to lose just usually don't do "things" like he has in the last few months. And, when they do, they get a fixer to clean it up for them.

I bet Ms. Golddigger knew what was up and did what she did in order to take advantage of the man. Regardless of what he has done, that is a terrible thing to do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join