It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Sterling Diagnosed with Alzheimers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if this was a current event, social issue, or a 'people' forum. I went with current event because of all the news stories attached to this fella in the past few months ... of course mods feel free to move as wish.

Donald Sterling Diagnosed with Alzheimers

Donald Sterling has Alzheimer's and that's why doctors declared he is incompetent to have a voice in the sale of the L.A. Clippers ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Sources connected with the Sterling family tell TMZ ... the trust agreement that governs the family's ownership of the team provides if 2 qualified doctors determine either Donald or Shelly shows "an inability to conduct business affairs in a reasonable and normal manner" ... they will then be stripped of control over the team.

We're told earlier this month Donald agreed to an examination by 2 prominent neurologists. He underwent extensive tests, including a CT and PET scan. We're told both doctors diagnosed Donald with Alzheimer's and concluded he may have had the disease for as long as 5 years. The doctors both concluded he did not have the ability to conduct the business of the team.

He can appeal the doctors' conclusions to the California Probate Court.
Sterlings recent past legal documents are all now in question.
Anything he signed ... including giving control of the Clippers to his wife.

So ... if he really has Alzheimers does that mean that the fluffy-bunny girlfriend was trying to take advantage of a sick man when she taped his racist remarks and released the info to the press? Or does the Alzeimers even enter into it? Or is this a fake diagnosis and it's all got to do with the sale of the team OR a fake diagnosis to try to redeem him from the negative press? Time will tell. I'm not sure how court doctors could fake a diagnosis ... I guess big payoffs could do it if people agreed to it. But at this point there is no evidence of that.

At any rate ... the hand over of the team to the wife ... and the sale of the team ... it's all under question now.

ETA ... the doctors say they estimate he's had it for about five years. That's a good while .... it's not new.
edit on 5/30/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think this is just a chess move on his part, part of the fight that may happen with the sale of the team.
It seems he has been able to recall a lot when it came to explaining how him and that gold digger came to be an item...
But i guess all we can do is wait and see.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I hope it brings into question the 5 luxury cars and home he gave to Ms. Gold-Digger...I really do.

I saw an hour long interview she did with Dr. Phil. You'd need hip waders to get through the crap she said.

I know his wife is suing fluffy-bunny for all those things, claiming they are marital assets, so he can't give them to her.

I'd love to see her lose all that ill-gained the bling...

Des

edit on 30-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
I know his wife is suing fluffy-bunny for all those things, claiming they are marital assets, so he can't give them to her.

With court documentation about this medical condition in hand, the wife could maybe get all the toys back from fluffy-bunni. I bet the cash is gone though ....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If he wasnt declared mentally unfit, the team would be outright taken and sold, and the sterling family would have no input.

Having him declared incompetent means that the Sterling Family Trust gets to have a say, which is why they are allowed to broker the deal with Ballmer.

Its nothing more than legal posturing.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
how interesting. I knew something could be pulled out, kinda like a trump card. haha good one Donald. I'm not racist in my old age turns out I'm just crazy old, aaaawwwwww now I feel all sorry for him. Why would the media denigrate an old man with Alzheimer's, everyone is just taking advantage of him, let him keep his team he earned it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
If he wasnt declared mentally unfit, the team would be outright taken and sold, and the sterling family would have no input.

The wife already made the deal for 2 Billion $$$ . That was before the diagnosis came in. The diagnosis could put the sale in question, which is something the wife doesn't want.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
When the mess first happened this is exctaly what i heard reported and my previous post in the threads show this. When a story breaks there is usually a few hour window of truth before it gets spun. He agreed to the girlfriend to record him because she claimed he was saying things that did not make sense and recording him was agreed to prove to him he needed help. Then one of her friends decided to take advantage of his illness when they learned of the nature of the recordings. This really makes all those claims of him being an oppressive racist look kinda petty.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The issue with the diagnosis is it does not mean he suffers from the disease just yet or in its entirety.

This is either a push by family members to raid the money vaults so to speak or for Silverman to essentially screw over a lot of people, including the NBA, by creating a scenario where his mental capacities are called into question, and by extension, business decisions.

As for recording the calls there in lies the next issue.

California is an all party consent state. Her recordings violate California law and would be inadmissible in court.

edit on 30-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

The wife already made the deal for 2 Billion $$$ . That was before the diagnosis came in. The diagnosis could put the sale in question, which is something the wife doesn't want.
Thats not entirely true. The only reason she was allowed to negotiate the deal without his approval was because she had him deemed mentally unfit by their board of trustees. Now she has it done legally so that she can get more out of the divorce.

Like I said-nothing more than legal posturing.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
CHA CHING$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

cRANK HER UP BOYS,,,let the big boys play.

will it be televised????????? please,

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You know, at first when I heard this I was like: "yeeeaah rrright!" but my grandma was not racist the least bit. She lived down south for a while and had plenty of black friends. This woman didn't have a racist bone in her body. After she got Alzheimer's really bad, she became very racist towards black people. If a black person came into her hospital room she absolutely went off on them and said stuff that I haven't heard before(it was that bad) and I can tell you right now, that was not her. I explained this to the doc and nurses hoping that they would understand.

-So this is quite plausible, IMO.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Are you implying a conspiracy using doctors to make a false diagnosis?

Alzheimer's includes very real physiological changes that cannot be faked.

There is real physical evidence, unlike depression or ADHD diagnosis.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Im not sure how yo u got that from what I said at all.

She had two legal diagnoses of incompetence. Thats all she needed to take control of the team, based on the clause in the sterling family trust agreement.

She made an agreement to sell the team.

Now she is getting the proclamation made on the legal level to protect from being sued.

No conspiracy. Just very basic legal strategy.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fro all of you that claim that this diagonsis if just a ploy or legal tactic i urge you to go to the origional thread and then ask yourself if i am able to tell the future weeks ahead of time or if maybe the truth is the hours or recordings will prove his illness. The claim of legal postering at this point seems to be scripted through a hard head or job nessisity. Let's see what the girlfriends text say at the time and trace down the source of where she went from being a girlfriend to realeasing the tapes. These recordings went on for a long time and she had no other way to support herself but through him. So who promised her what to get her to release those edited versions. Who went through and done the choosing of what to edit. There were a few rich men at the time of the accouncment that jumped for joy at the fact he was kicked out of his stadium. Then let's get to the bottom of the knejerk reaction by the commish to only rule on part of the story. A half cocked judgment that caused the clippers their championship. These people are guilty of conspiracy for many avenues and inciting violence that was only headed off by stripping an old aging man of what small shred of diginity he had left. If there is not a hell then i am going to start building one now for people like this and all those that read a story and jump on a bandwagon with out giving a single once of thought to all the different angles...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
ok,,
start here,,

ie: "There were a few rich men at the time"

although i dont think jumping is in his contract.

a reply to: deadeyedick

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
CHA CHING$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

cRANK HER UP BOYS,,,let the big boys play.

will it be televised????????? please,

we have a winner,,

update:

abc7.com...$1b-lawsuit-against-nba/86333/

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

TMZ, today's Woodward and Bernstein. The funny thing is, is that they are actually the most reliable news outlet out there.

Sterling probably has had Alzheimers for the last 5 years, does that forgive his actions? I think it's a moot point, because his actions were nowhere near as appalling as how they've been portrayed. What it does, is it wraps up one of the quickest witchhunts in recent memory, and gets the rich old white guy even richer. And it'll be forgotten in no time. There's no catharsis. Hard to point at what was trying to be proved. Racism and bigotry? Much better examples out there to crucify, but he's settled claims a few times before so I guess he was the easiest target. I would classify Sterling as a grade A sleaze, but the whole affair has been a joke, IMHO.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"TMZ, today's Woodward and Bernstein"

???

nvr mind.

wow

a reply to: dfens

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If indeed he does have alzheimers, then this is going to be a wild card that the NBA can not afford to miss, and shifts the entire event in his favor. If he does have this horrible disease, then this adds in a new dimension, as it could be proven that he is not in full control over his mental facilities. It also means that all sale and business dealings are put on hold.

If it is valid, then the NBA is in a bind, cause if they proceed, then they are guilty of targeting someone that is technically disabled, and would you want to be in that position? No. if he does have alzheimers, then it would explain alot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join