It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk About Cursed Places, Cursed People, and Cursed Objects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can places and objects be cursed? Can they be made to be gateways and containers of pure evil and negative spiritual entities? Can they be made to spiritually and physically harm living things like people, animals and plants? HOW is a place or object made into something that is cursed and evil? Do we know of any? Has anyone ever been to a cursed place and felt it or had experiences? Does anyone here have a cursed object? How do you know it's cursed? Can these cursed places be made to become neutral or places of light and goodness?

Some people believe that when evil things happen in certain places, then those places become cursed. Some folks believe that some places are naturally 'dark' and 'evil'. Is a place cursed first and then the bad happens on them, or do the bad things curse the place?

Can people be cursed? Well .. curses can be put on them, but do the curses being put on people have any real metaphysical power to bring down bad things upon the person?

Or is all that bunk? Are inanimate objects just objects that have nothing etherial or spiritual attached to them? Are places always neutral no matter what good or bad happens on them? Are people who have bad things happening to them just people going through life and bad things happen in life ... curses having no part of making those things happen?

Stories about personal experiences and personally owned objects would help to make this a great discussion. Let's talk ...

Do words or intent have to happen in order for something or someplace to be cursed? In some cultures, the term 'cursed' is interchangeable with 'damned'.
CURSE

A curse (also called a jinx, hex or execration) is any expressed wish that some form of adversity or misfortune will befall or attach to some other entity—one or more persons, a place, or an object. In particular, "curse" may refer to a wish that harm or hurt will be inflicted by any supernatural powers, such as a spell, a prayer, an imprecation, an execration, magic, witchcraft, God, a natural force, or a spirit. In many belief systems, the curse itself (or accompanying ritual) is considered to have some causative force in the result.

I'm not advocating what is written, but some may find it interesting. It discusses curses being cast and how to be rid of them ... according to the author.
How to Break Curses ... for Beginners

The entropy or chaos curse: This spell causes probabilities to vastly tend to do the target harm, ranging from bad luck to death. The trademark of this curse is that there is no rhyme or reason to the harm caused, it just results from things generally "going wrong". If a whole string of things keep going spectacularly and improbably wrong, there is a good chance there is an entropy curse at work.

The binding: This spell causes an inability to act in the target. It may manifest psychologically as depression or anxiety, or it may operate by simply making none of your plans come to anything. If you find yourself drastically unable to act upon your choices in the world, then you might be under a binding.

The lesson: Some users of magick want to dispense justice, and whether this is right or wrong, they are willing to use magick to do it. The specifics of these curses are always retributive and the casters of them love to "make the punishment fit the crime". Thus when the target is a thief they will be stolen from, a user they will be used, etc. If you find yourself suddenly and consistently a victim of "your own medicine", you might want to look around for a nearby witch with a good-guy badge.

The special-purpose curse: This is a catch-all category for things like "a sending of rats" or the "evil eye". These spells are usually specific, have a great deal of lore associated with them, and are generally spectacular in their results (there is nothing subtle about your house being infested with dozens of rats). In this case, each spell has its own hallmark signs, but they are all very spectacular. If you start having stuff out of a horror movie happening, you have a special-purpose curse.

10 Signs to Look Out For with Voodoo Curses
How To Tell If You Have Been HooDoo'd

Paranormal Database - Cursed Places in UK and Ireland
When wanting to discuss 'cursed places' or 'cursed items' ... internet discussions will interchange cursed and haunted. Are they the same thing, or different? I am of the opinion that they are different things, although haunted places could also be cursed. Is a cursed place cursed before bad things happen, or do the bad things cause the curse?

Here's some fun stuff .... I'll post an exert .... I think I found my next ghost hunt place.
10 Most Terrifying Places on Earth

Shades of Death Road - This New Jersey road winds through 7 miles of countryside, and along that stretch it gives us no definitive clues as to the origin of its eerie name (for those wondering, Shades of Death is not a nickname given by locals, but is in fact the road’s official moniker). While the explanation for this highly unusual name has been lost, many theories abound. Some say that murderous highwaymen would rob and kill those along the road. Others say the reason was because of violent retaliations by the locals against the very same highwaymen, resulting in their lynched corpses being hung up as a warning. Some attribute it to three murders that occurred in the 20’s and 30’s. The first murder saw a robber beating his victim over the head with a tire iron, the second saw a woman decapitate her husband and bury the head and body on separate sides of the road, and the third consisted of poor Bill Cummins being shot and buried in a mud pile. Some attribute it to massive amounts of fatal car crashes, while others consider it the fault of viscous wildcats from the nearby Bear Swamp. ...

Some past ATS threads on specific cursed places and objects for further reading ...
Well Known Cursed Objects
Is Fort Hood Cursed?
Is WTC Site Cursed?
Cursed Mayan Stones
How Do You Know If You Have A Cursed Object?
Aleister Crowley Died in My Town And Cursed It

edit on 5/30/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I first posted info from non-christian sources. So here is some from Christian sources. There are Christian prayers to break curses, so Christianity does indeed believe that a person can be cursed by another.

Christian Prayer To Break Curses
Christian Prayer - Curse Removal

Praying for bad or judgement to come upon others is a curse. Even when you are invoking God the Father or Jesus.
Christianity Today - When a Blessing is a Curse

Leaving little to the imagination, Drake offered some samples that, I presume, were to be answered before God killed the officials: "Let his days be few, and let another take his office," his suggested prayer reads. "Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow."

This incident made the news partly because such prayers today strike us as absurd. It's weird news you can't use but find fascinating. But when we Christians hear about a character like Drake, we flinch because we know that such prayers litter the Bible—everything from King David's "Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!" (Ps. 139:19) to Paul's "If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be accursed" (1 Cor. 16:22)

And as was pointed out in the above article ... the Old Testament is full of prayers to God that are in fact curses. Even in the New Testament we see James and John ask Jesus if He wanted them to pray for fire from heaven to come down to destroy certain people (Luke 9:54). This would be a curse. Jesus said no.

In Christianity, a negative prayer is a curse. Do you pray that someone 'gets theirs' ... or that someone 'learns a painful lesson'?? Curse!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
When I was a younger man I studied Australian Aboriginal culture, namely the Adnyamathanha (rock people) tribe of the Flinders Ranges in central South Australia. On one field trip Cliff our ranger guide took our group to see some sights near a place called Chambers Gorge. On the way we stopped at a rocky hill and climbed half way up unil it became to steep for most of us, but from where we were we could see a small cave entrance. Cliff explained that the cave was a burial ground for an evil shaman and is cursed, anyone who goes near the cave goes crazy and dies from their dreams. I do remember the place had a heavy atmosphere about it but I'm not sure if that was after the cursed land story.

Speaking of cursed land, the suburb I live in is built on Aboriginal burial grounds

I have seen those things that pass by a door threshold from the corner of my eye, but I'm not sure what they are yet.

edit on 30-5-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Curses are nonsense, which can be verified by trying to curse something. People have been trying to alter the forces of nature with words and mind for millennia with zero effect.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Some folks feel that way. Others feel that words and emotion and intent have energy that can change things .. for the better or worse.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Speaking of cursed land, the suburb I live in is built on Aboriginal burial grounds

I have seen those things that pass by a door threshold from the corner of my eye, but I'm not sure what they are yet.

Sounds like "shadow people".

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Owning your space and controlling your being, pushing light and not believing the curse can deflect any curse created by any man.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We can NOT forget about this curse, it lasted for 25 years!

Comcast has long been headquartered in Philadelphia — and many of us are very passionate about our local sports teams — including Comcast Executive Vice President David Cohen — who made an interesting suggestion in 2007 when we were building our new corporate headquarters, what would be the tallest building in Philadelphia. "Let's once again restore Billy Penn to his rightful place and the highest location in Philadelphia," said Cohen. And a small statue of William Penn was placed on the highest beam of the Comcast Center.

One year later the Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series.

So did Comcast help break the Curse of William Penn? You be the judge.

I'm just glad it's over....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't discount the possibility that curses can be real. If they are, they can also backfire if performed against the wrong person. I had a girlfriend who was into "witchy" things. She once came up behind me and cut off a lock of hair. I was like, what the hell? Some period of time later I was digging through a drawer and found a small cloth pouch. It had my lock of hair, a rat's foot, and a silver ring. There was also some sort of potpourri of herbs mixed with it. She was later diagnosed with a brain tumor. Could just be coincidence, but I had to wonder if it wasn't some sort of "I'm rubber, you're glue." effect.
edit on 30-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My high school history teacher brought this story to light for me, whom was very much into Egyptology. He told the entire class that one of the people present (If I remember correctly it was Mr. Carter himself) Was on his way to an interview regarding the tomb he opened. Where just outside the building, a light used for video productions fell on him. Resulting in instant death. I'm unsure how he actually died, I would research it but don't have time now. Later I will get to it, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Unsure if your aware of the Curse of the pharaohs tomb. Considering there is so much mystery involving the Egyptians...

Deaths popularly attributed to Tutankhamun's "curse"[edit]
The tomb was opened on 29 November 1922.

Lord Carnarvon, financial backer of the excavation team who was present at the tomb's opening, died on 5 April 1923 after a mosquito bite became infected; he died 4 months and 7 days after the opening of the tomb.[22][23]
George Jay Gould I, a visitor to the tomb, died in the French Riviera on 16 May 1923 after he developed a fever following his visit.[24]
Prince Ali Kamel Fahmy Bey of Egypt died 10 July 1923: shot dead by his wife.
Colonel The Hon. Aubrey Herbert, MP, Carnarvon's half-brother, became nearly blind and died on 26 September 1923 from blood poisoning related to a dental procedure intended to restore his eyesight.
Sir Archibald Douglas-Reid, a radiologist who x-rayed Tutankhamun's mummy, died on 15 January 1924 from a mysterious illness.
Sir Lee Stack, Governor-General of Sudan, died on 19 November 1924: assassinated while driving through Cairo.
A. C. Mace, a member of Carter's excavation team, died in 1928 from arsenic poisoning[25]
The Hon. Mervyn Herbert, Carnarvon's half brother and the aforementioned Aubrey Herbert's full brother, died on 26 May 1929, reportedly from "malarial pneumonia".
Captain The Hon. Richard Bethell, Carter's personal secretary, died on 15 November 1929: found smothered in his bed.
Richard Luttrell Pilkington Bethell, 3rd Baron Westbury, father of the above, died on 20 February 1930; he supposedly threw himself off his seventh floor apartment.
Howard Carter opened the tomb on 16 February 1923, and died well over a decade later on 2 March 1939; however, some have still attributed his death to the "curse".[18]

Curse of the pharoahs tomb
edit on 30-5-2014 by caskatoon because: added quote

edit on 30-5-2014 by caskatoon because: added content

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Only one place that I can think of, that being the Town of Winona, KS. Although it is more like a Neg Energy Center; brings out the Neg from within to question about oneself. I could call it a curse, somewhat more like Pergatory and once your In, Class Starts!

Took myself 3 years to actually see the door open, and once it did. It was all set up, somehow planned, and a path to follow although now I think I had to wait until another showed up in order for the door to open. Yet in that Neg center, I was taught to work with the Neg and never discount it.

People tend to say things are curse, negative or just plain Bad so run at the first chance they get. So say one wants to go to them places and see for themselves. Already you have a plan, an idea, and what your going to do while there. In a way, your mind has already been made up and closed to what is actually happening.

It's when you get Tossed into something your mind can not relate, it places it into the Curse, Evil, Bad Box without any Thoughts whatsoever! Then you find a way out as fast as you can! Yet in doing this, how could one say it actually Was?

I can relate to evil and nothing can Harm You unless You Allow It! If your mind is already set, you already lost in learning what Lesions are to be Learned. Since Life brought you there; or ended up there somehow. Might as well find out what Fear you yourself Created in the first place.

Most of the time it is Your Demons saying Hello and one should take heed and the time to hear what they have to say. Then if say you find your in a place of evil and you actually Know it. Bless it the best you can and walk away! And I do mean Walk!

Sometimes the child who calls things cursed, did the actually cursing in the first place!

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't know about curses, maybe? But if you can curse a person or a place or a thing surely a blessing can be just as legitimate. I'm not talking about a rabbits foot or a horse show but a real life blessing. I read a lot about haunted houses and similar stuff but very rarely do you read about positive energy being stored in a place or dropped on a person on purpose and there being a tangible result. I for instance, have a lotto ticket sitting next to my computer unchecked. I would be most grateful if someone could please work some positive voodoo on this piece of paper over night. That would be great. Please no cursing. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Curses only effect those who believe them.They are in the carnal mind as an adversary.... nothing more.
edit on 16-6-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

FYI: denial will not change reality.

Try that same analogy with gravity and see how well that works out for yah...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Rex282

FYI: denial will not change reality.

Try that same analogy with gravity and see how well that works out for yah...

Gravity is "real" curses are not.....some peoples reality is unreality and belief in things that don't exist.

top topics

join