It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA Secretary Eric Shinseki Resigns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I would hope that not only this happens but that veterans in congress, like McCain will keep the pressure on to make things change even more.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: wills120

And his whole retirement package taken away from him, the money going to help VETS instead of giving him a cushy fall back.

We tend to forget. When these people in high positions finally get thrown under the bus, to take the heat off those above them. They walk out the door with a loud cha-ching echoing in their wake.

I say, strip them of their retirement pay and bonuses too.

Des

I don't disagree, but you do realize that this was a plain corruption and mismanagement issue more than a lack of funding right?

The VA has run a medical care fund surplus for five years now meaning they had more money allocated to fund vet care than they actually spent. So, if theIn fact, the VA spent the surplus on furniture one year to avoid having its budget cut the next year. funds were there, the issues lay in other realms. In this case, I'd bet these hospitals were understaffed so they just plain couldn't meet demand for care, not so much that they couldn't pay to dispense that care.

So if staffing was the issue, this should have been noted by management. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that with our armed services engaged heavily overseas for as long as they have been that there would be an influx of vets needing care ... so who fell asleep at the staffing wheel?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This will be portrayed as a solution to the problem and it won't be talked about anymore.

Meanwhile, vets will continue to suffer, continue to die, and nothing will be done to help them.

Woopti-fracking-doo

Meanwhile between other government ran healthcare namely medicare, and medicaid that has 100+million Ameircans on them combined.

Has no problems like the VA does.

ALL THREE are ran by the same people: The US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand what you are saying. But in the deep dark recesses of VA upper management. I do think there is a mandate to kill them off, instead of actually spending the allocated money on helping them and their families. Sure, better to buy office furniture to use a yearly allocation to make sure to get next years' full allocation. That makes total sense...not.

A dead Vet is a .....silent Vet...

Des

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I believe the democrats want to in the long run to close the VA and force veterans on Obamacare.

The UK, Canada, Australia, and France did just that when they went to Socialized healthcare and there veterans have suffered ever since.

I hope veterans from the UK, Canada, Australia, and France on ATS will confirm the stories i hear on the internet from veterans in there countries.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand what you are saying. But in the deep dark recesses of VA upper management. I do think there is a mandate to kill them off, instead of actually spending the allocated money on helping them and their families. Sure, better to buy office furniture to use a yearly allocation to make sure to get next years' full allocation. That makes total sense...not.

A dead Vet is a .....silent Vet...

Des

I am new here, LONG time lurker, so please bear with me.

I have a very good friend who retired from the military/goverment a few years ago. He was in charge of the budget where he worked. He told me in a conversation, after he retired, that this practice of frivolous spending, does in fact, take place. Toilets that are perfectly operational and fairly new, carpet that was just replaced the year before, new desks, chairs all replaced. All the creature comfort frills... absolutely unnecessary... REPLACED... to get their allotment for the upcoming year.

I was mortified to hear this and asked how he could remain in a job, such as this, and live with himself. His reply was, that he needed to feed his family, ANY "bucking against the system" would result in immediate termination and being "black balled", to the point, of NO future employment.

Since his retirement, he mulls over his time there and wants to speak out. However, he says he is CERTAIN, beyond any doubt, he and his family could possibly suffer the ultimate consequences. DEATH.

His exact words - "the goverment don't play"!

Daily I question, how WE THE PEOPLE, can sit idly by, with our heads in the sand, and not be up in arms about the massive corruption going on.

I try to get others involved - family included, giving information that I have researched, with links, to show them this farce and ALL of them, are simply too lazy to give a flying f**k.

I am outraged over this VA scandal. All my uncles/grandfathers/cousins have served this country. They all suffered from PTSD and no real help was given. That mess was passed down each generation, UNTIL, the 17 year old son, of a army lieutenant, shot and killed both is parents, in front of his brothers and sisters. The result of this tragedy, the son ended up in prison and will rot there. I say that, not because he is family, he did commit murder and should be punished, but because something could have been done generations ago, to prevent this tragedy.

This country is going to h**l, in a hand basket, in a hurry.

WE THE PEOPLE, need to
this madness!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join