It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Neighbors are Athiests, How can I help them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: usmc0311
OK, so I am not a heavily religious man nor do I practice any particular religion but I do believe in spiritual life and a creator. I believe that it is no accident we are her now to face the lives we face. So I just moved to a town one town over from my hometown. It is a very conservative town. There is enough room at the 7 churches to hold the whole town. My neighbors are really nice people. They are both educated teachers and in my opinion quite intelligent.

Just the other day they seemed to make a point to tell us that they were atheists'. I must say I was surprised due to the type of people they were. They were good moral people who have adopted a child and been good parents. Their daughter is wonderful and is a good friend of my daughter. But I wonder, without a sense of god, where will this child go?

Will she wonder what her future is with no hope or knowledge of something greater. How can I help these people realize that there is more to life than human flesh and blood and we all will reap what we sow?

What on Earth makes you think that they need any help? Please leave them alone.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: colbe

if it turned out the God I love and know doesn't exist, I would NOT want to go on one more minute...I mean it.

The same god that let priests abuse children?
The same god that let Bishops cover up the abuse by priests?

What a loving god!

Oh my, I just don't understand why people disbelieve, all they have to do is pray.

Alpha,

Evil exists. God is like us, true love has to be real, our free will.

Not all priests are involved in the scandal. From testimony, it was homosexual not pedophile. Since
homosexuality is fine now, the media can't call the scandal what it is.
Satan hates the priests the most, the evil one understands the spiritual power of the priesthood.

Hang on until the "awakening" or, er... remember my words, okay?

love and GBY,

colbe

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh right.

So when they say..

This ministerial priesthood is at the service of the priesthood of all believers and involves the direct consecration of a man to Christ through the sacrament of orders, so that he can act in the person of Christ

It must mean, at least in Colbe's eyes, that Jesus is a homosexual pedophile.

edit on 30-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
We all get defensive about our views, beliefs. I wish I could express myself better. Reason I like to share God's words.

I shall offer a rosary for everyone reading this thread.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: colbe
We all get defensive about our views, beliefs. I wish I could express myself better. Reason I like to share God's words.

I shall offer a rosary for everyone reading this thread.

Um, I don't want to seem filthy but you might want to say more than one for me.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

p.s. I know of a scary NDE account....search Gloria Pollo.

When I was coming to the end of my descending, I ended up in a place where there were swamps. There were millions and millions of people buried in those swamps. The people in those swamps were buried up to here. I was given the knowledge that the people in there were the people who had given their bodies over to concupiscence, to pleasure. There were thousands and thousands of miles of that mud. You want to know what that mud is? It's all of the non-holy ejaculations. How many millions and millions of sperms get released every time there is an ejaculation? All of that creates a horrible swamp and darkness.

And these people are in there being tortured by thinking of every person whom they had relations with outside of the Sacrament of Marriage, because that is the only holy relationship, the one in which Jesus is in their midst, which is only through the Sacrament of Marriage. Outside of that, even if you are the only couple in existence, those are ejaculations outside of the grace of God and every person with whom they had intimate relations with are in there stuck with them in that swamp. The shame and pain that they feel there is of a horrifying magnitude.

Source

Scary that anyone would believe that bulldust, yeah.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh right.

So when they say..

This ministerial priesthood is at the service of the priesthood of all believers and involves the direct consecration of a man to Christ through the sacrament of orders, so that he can act in the person of Christ

It must mean, at least in Colbe's eyes, that Jesus is a homosexual pedophile.

Where, which one is the little crying figure to post? What a thing to follow after the beautiful definition of
the ministerial priesthood. ...to say.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: usmc0311

lend them your lawnmower

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

so you are saying that without knowing your god, they have less in their life than you?

Am I the only one that thinks this has "Elliot Rodgers" undertones..........

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

When I was coming to the end of my descending, I ended up in a place where there were swamps. There were millions and millions of people buried in those swamps. The people in those swamps were buried up to here. I was given the knowledge that the people in there were the people who had given their bodies over to concupiscence, to pleasure. There were thousands and thousands of miles of that mud. You want to know what that mud is? It's all of the non-holy ejaculations. How many millions and millions of sperms get released every time there is an ejaculation? All of that creates a horrible swamp and darkness.

And these people are in there being tortured by thinking of every person whom they had relations with outside of the Sacrament of Marriage, because that is the only holy relationship, the one in which Jesus is in their midst, which is only through the Sacrament of Marriage. Outside of that, even if you are the only couple in existence, those are ejaculations outside of the grace of God and every person with whom they had intimate relations with are in there stuck with them in that swamp. The shame and pain that they feel there is of a horrifying magnitude.

Source

You owe me for a new keyboard. I just snorted coffee through my nose at it!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Source

To highlight, why? This is what she saw. God made the beautiful sexual act, our participation in God creating
a brand new person with a body and a soul. He made sex for marriage and procreation. Both, for good reason.

Look at the consequences here of not following...believing God. Hardly any next generation and the destruction of the family.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Source

To highlight, why? This is what she saw. God made the beautiful sexual act, our participation in God creating
a brand new person with a body and a soul. He made sex for marriage and procreation. Both, for good reason.

Look at the consequences here of not following...believing God. Hardly any next generation and the destruction of the family.

....you really think that becoming an atheist would mean less sex and fewer people in the next generation? Seriously?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Source

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day - although it's 7:25pm so there's still time.

God made sex for procreation and marriage? Give it a rest, you're only encouraging very old, very boring virgins to think it's ok not to get down and dirty.

(Do it you old virgins - go out there and get all the unmarried sexy time you can take without having a heart attack.)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

From the perspective of someone who is agnostic, I refuse to expose my children to any type of religious anything at this stage of their life. My parents kept me away from religion (my mother believes in god but also believes that brainwashing children to any belief system at a young age is dangerous) until I was old enough to understand the basic ideas of "god" and religion and make my own decisions and that's what I wish for my children.

With that said, if you were my neighbor, I would have very serious issues with you trying to "help" my children with such a personal thing.

I should say that my brother went the complete opposite of me and is very Christian. I believe that if parents just leave their kids be, they will learn what they want to learn in their own time and make the right decisions for themselves and their own families. Religion/beliefs should always be personal and that's the biggest problem I have. People just can't seem to keep it to themselves.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Morning,

Why not just leave them alone?
Ever think of that?

-Peace-

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If you really want to help them, gift them daily the body and blood of Christ, that being freshly baked bread and wine, for as long as you are their neighbour. They will surely need it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoopyLou
If you really want to help them, gift them daily the body and blood of Christ, that being freshly baked bread and wine, for as long as you are their neighbour. They will surely need it.

You think that they can't afford bread and wine?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoopyLou

Forgive my not being able to tell - are you serious about the bread and wine being the body and blood of christ, or was it a joke?

edit on 30-5-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: grammar

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: usmc0311
OK, so I am not a heavily religious man nor do I practice any particular religion but I do believe in spiritual life and a creator. I believe that it is no accident we are her now to face the lives we face. So I just moved to a town one town over from my hometown. It is a very conservative town. There is enough room at the 7 churches to hold the whole town. My neighbors are really nice people. They are both educated teachers and in my opinion quite intelligent.

Just the other day they seemed to make a point to tell us that they were atheists'. I must say I was surprised due to the type of people they were. They were good moral people who have adopted a child and been good parents. Their daughter is wonderful and is a good friend of my daughter. But I wonder, without a sense of god, where will this child go?

Will she wonder what her future is with no hope or knowledge of something greater. How can I help these people realize that there is more to life than human flesh and blood and we all will reap what we sow?

I really think you are not reading your own posting. You state that your neighbors are educated, intelligent and have good morals; I believe that should eliminate your concerns for them reaping what they sow. They and the child they adopted don't sound as if they are going to preach atheism to you or your child...they obviously found the need to advise you that they are atheists to politely make it clear that they don't want to be preached too.

My husband is an atheist. I am more spiritually inclined. I am amazed that he has never read any religious books of any sort. He has absolutely no interest in it. This does not bother me, for I know his actions mean more than words or titles of any belief ever can. Find peace of mind in this situation by realizing that with your neighbors. Yes, you reap what you sow...do not create discord with others, but love and accept them for their innate goodness.

So many believers get caught up in sharing their message, they forget that actions speak louder than words. Follow your own belief faithfully and allow others to wonder after you. For they will only truly listen when they seek the answers themselves, not before.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How about just respect their liberty and leave them alone?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join