It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases Snowden email after denying its existence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe "Frankenstein head" Kerry told the NSA to "man up" and release it?

Will obama finally "man up" and take responsibility for allowing this constitutional violation under his watch?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I was in South Africa working for the military for about 4 years, but I lived in Canada both before and after. I think 18,000kms is a pretty close number ;-) Might be a little less, but the flight to Amsterdam and then to Johannesburg was about 7 hours and 14 hours. It was an interesting time.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
People keep using the excuse that the government was conducting “illegal” and “unconstitutional” activities, and therefore, it was justified that Snowden conduct “illegal” activities, as well. IMO that’s kind of convoluted thinking and just don’t cut it. Stealing classified documents and making them available to the public is “illegal”, to my knowledge. You may not agree with a law and may choose to violate it (happens all the time), but when you do you run the risk of getting busted. That’s just a hard fact of life. You play, you pay, as the saying goes.

Now, we all know that what Snowden did was illegal. At least, technically, I think most would agree with that. However (like it or not, and again, technically), the same can’t be said of the government (NSA). The fact is the FISA Court condoned the NSA actions, and while Congress had a chance not to renew the Patriot Act twice, both times it was renewed.

Our nation (except for Louisiana) adheres to a legal system based on English common law. Our legislature passes new laws and statutes, and the judiciary (courts) interpret and apply these laws, resolving any disputes as to constitutionality, jurisdiction, etc. The Patriot Act was signed into law back in 2001, the courts have condoned it (for the most part), and it still stands pretty much intact. Although the law steps all over our civil liberties, and attempts have been made to change this, the attempts have been mostly unsucessful. So, like it or not, I’m afraid what the NSA has been doing is within the framework of the law and is not technically illegal. It is what it is.

Personally, I’m not sympathetic to Snowden. I have major trust issues with him and question his motives. I take what he says with a grain of salt and think much of what I’ve heard from him has been downright lies. His latest allegation that he tried at least 10 times to bring attention to the NSA authorities of the illegal/unconstitutional practices taking place just don’t cut it with me. First of all, failing to include proof of his many attempts to inform the NSA of their wicked ways, while stealing thousands of other documents he deemed incriminating, just isn’t credible. As a matter of fact, it would be flat stupid of him to overlook such a thing. This would have changed the whole complexion of things in his favor. It would also be stupid on the NSA’s part to deny it if he did in fact notify them. They would have to not only eliminate every trace of his email history on the active mail servers, but also do the same for every backup copy stored in their offsite subterrainian vaults. This would be a feat. And if the NSA was lying about this, they would be risking that it would come back to bite them and destroy their case, as well as many high level careers to boot.

Whatever happens, happens. But Snowden will have to do a lot better than make occassional MSM interviews and cameos to convince me. And until then, he’s not my hero and gets 2 thumbs down...

PS: Deny Ignorance, I think you’re confused. It’s not Obama who needs to “man up” and take responsibility, but rather Bush, the entire Congress and the courts that approved the Patriot Act, making the actions of the NSA perefectly illegal, who I’m sure you meant to say...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Lol it is just over 9400 I thought you meant you went into space or something lol.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: netbound
That's a pretty honest way to look at things from an innocent point of view, if you consider he was a double agent I am willing to consider you would shorten your post to a shorter condemnation.

Double agents are recruited, it's how the spy world conducts itself.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Lol it is just over 9400 I thought you meant you went into space or something lol.

It's actually by way of how the crow flies (if the crow could actually fly that far) 13,337 kms, but there are no direct flights from Toronto to Johannesburg. So the alternate measurement would be 6,002 kms + 8,989 kms or a total of about 15,000 kms.

I was 20% high, not 100% high LOL. I always simply thought of it as almost halfway around the earth and halfway would be about 12,000 miles or 18,000 kms.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
They probably have dozens of emails from Snowden.

We know we can't trust the NSA to tell truth on anything at all. That is a fact. Where does that leave us?

I'd say that leaves you, me and everyone else completely at the whims of the NSA and agencies like them.

They lie to each other, they lie to their oversight committees, they lie to their superiors in Congress and of course the lie to us the public most of all.

The frightening thing is, if they decided they wanted to get you, they would and could, and there'd not be a damned thing you, me or almost anyone else could do to stop them.

They're not just liars, they are expert liars and very, very powerful liars with very, very powerful and influential contacts and backers..the average guy or gal wouldn't stand a chance.

It's ironic, but in the interests of National Security these people need to be reigned in and quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join