It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases Snowden email after denying its existence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The Office of the Director of the National Intelligence announced through its website on Thursday that it has located a lone email inquiry sent by Mr. Snowden in April 2013 to the Office of General Counsel, confirming in part allegations the former contractor made during an interview with NBC’s Brian Williams that aired Wednesday evening.

“I actually did go through channels, and that is documented,” Snowden told Williams when the two sat down in Moscow for an interview recently. “The NSA has records, they have copies of emails right now to their Office of General Counsel, to their oversight and compliance folks, from me raising concerns about the NSA’s interpretations of its legal authorities.”

“I would say one of my final official acts in government was continuing one of these communications with a legal office. And in fact, I’m so sure that these communications exist that I’ve called on Congress to write a letter to the NSA to verify that they do,” Snowden said.

Yet the NSA has, until now, denied the existence of any such correspondence. In fact, previously the agency said any such emails simply couldn’t be found.

“After extensive investigation, including interviews with his former NSA supervisors and co-workers, we have not found any evidence to support Mr. Snowden's contention that he brought these matters to anyone's attention," the NSA said last year.

NSA releases Snowden email after denying its existence.

Well well well ....

Another twist to the NSA VS SNOWDEN game..

At the bottom of the news link you can find a pic of the supposed "email" .

I know its "RT" but i am going to assume the information is accurate until otherwise proven wrong.

So your thoughts ATS?

HUMBLY

LSH

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
They probably have dozens of emails from Snowden.

We know we can't trust the NSA to tell truth on anything at all. That is a fact. Where does that leave us?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
this was postponed so that the news could report on snowden without knowing too much. the msm oversaturated the minds of everyone who would listen on the NSA scandal so that when actually damning information came out, people would simply not want to hear anymore about it. most have already forgotten.

(post by OccamsRazor04 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I wonder if this whole thing was planned from the start.........Something is very wrong with this picture. I believe these men are on the same side and that side is not standing with the American people.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't see how this can be proven one way or the other. The NSA can fail to find as much as they want, they can also invent any emails they wish. It's their system and no one else can oversee the process. It's like trying to prove a negative.

Unless Snowden has copies of these emails he sent. It would definitely have been on my list of documents I would take with me but it seems he didn't and the NSA failing to find something that's alleged to be there doesn't prove anything one way or the other. These are people with a motive to discredit Snowden afterall.
edit on 30-5-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

clapper showed himself to be a huge d-bag. his arrogance and baggery probably played a large part of the NSA being such a pile as far as agencies go.

would anyone expect this NOT to have been a lie? it is clearly evident that the NSA is a traitorous org.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I would see Snowdens claim as baiting, or what I call the double tap. In proving the communication line or lack thereof the NSA has implicated itself of intent and consent of the lack of legality behind its practices.

www.npr.org...
edit on 30-5-2014 by Sillyosaurus because: Add link

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Ok, let me get this straight LOL. The NSA can find out what anyone is doing in the US and pretty much anywhere overseas, but they can't find an email in their own office. Did I get that right? If true that is the height of incompetence or sheer negligence. I have the same problem with CSIS, they knew what I was doing 18,000kms away 25 years ago, but they didn't know what Russell Williams (CFB CO and serial rapist/murderer) was doing when he went to university with Paul Bernardo 25 years ago and had a few "contests." Go figure huh? These intel agencies have selective search and memory loss. Obviously they are all compromised.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/30.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

18 thousand km away? explain please.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The corporate NSA working under the umbrella of the government, is releasing one E-mail, well that is sure enough to prove that they are right and Snowden is a liar, right? and we are to wave our littler American flags and believe what an entity run by private contractors is telling us.

Now, one thing is for sure, if the corporate NSA is releasing something "actually amazing" it means that they are trying to protect themselves, their corruption, their unconstitutional methods and they are guilty as hell.

Do not expect the corporate NSA to turn around and claim "mea culpa" and call Snowden a Hero.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I promise you Snowden (or his 'data keeper') has copies of all emails. He is a very bright man and clearly knows what he is doing. The problem is, if the NSA is 'unable' to come up with those emails Snowden can legitimately argue that they have simply erased them and/or provided counterfeits. If he releases his copies the NSA can simply say THEY are counterfeits. What the gov't is trying to do is deflect the REAL crux of the matter: the gov't and its various agencies have for quite some time (at least since late 2001) been running illegal domestic and foreign surveillance programs that are without regulation, oversight and are clearly counter to the Constitution. Period. So rather than allow the focus to remain on THAT issue they want to deflect to what Snowden did. Same thing defense attorneys do when they attempt to say the rape victim was somehow responsible.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
His email was sent after he was in contact with jounalists, so that makes Snowden a liar.

No way around it, he can continue with more interviews for fame with both of his feet in his mouth, this is what usually happens as people dig their own graves.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
His email was sent after he was in contact with jounalists, so that makes Snowden a liar.

No way around it, he can continue with more interviews for fame with both of his feet in his mouth, this is what usually happens as people dig their own graves.

But you are saying that we can trust the NSA and that they are to be believed over Snowden?

That's the problem Maybe they're just telling us the "..least untruthful answer.."

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The government makes lies and denial part of their daily operating procedures. Why would anyone believe the NSA.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Look man reguardless , the NSA was cought breaking the LAW , and they were rightly exsposed for it.
Snowden broke the law aswell by "steeling" and "leaking " information. But at what point does one have to decide to break a law for a just cause ?
One would have to balance the severity of the two and decide . and in this case I hardly think snowdens leaks are of greater severity than the NSA spying on other countries and Americans. Let us not forget that the NSA has probably been spying and enguaged in other forms of illegal activity way before snowden.

Just saying.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I hope he has copies of said emails or it is going to look very bad on him.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The problem here is that as much as Snowden is talking, he needs to be showing information as well. If he says he sent emails, release them, let the public see them. If he says he was trained as a spy, how about he give up the name of his boss, telephone numbers an other things. So far it is a weak case that he is presenting. He wants to avoid jail, he needs to start stating what is and is not truth real quick and backing it up with valid and solid evidence on his part.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't believe either the NSA or Snowden

It's a Circus,

Its a cover

He's a traitor

The fact is everybody already new what Snowden revealed to the world, so who gives sheesh

I'd like to know why he took several laptops with classified information on program's and security that China and Russia attack constantly directly to china and then Russia... Maybe he can clear the air on that and stop being a broken record

edit on 30-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join