It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Takes You Back To "The Good Old Days"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
I feel sorry for kids these days .. their being cheated out of the fun of childhood ..
Already got a slingshot for grandson going to give him when visit later this year.. still waiting to hear if 3rd son and his wife have a boy or girl to know what to get the grandchild on the way .. figure will try give the grandkids something to remember that was fun when they grow up ..

I know!! When I lived in Guam (11-14) My folks would just leave me and my brother alone ..they could only do so much anyway lol!! I'd go deep in the jungle ..or snorkel way off at (many places) areas to find shells etc.. One time me ane my brother were snorkeling near Turle rock ..and I came up after doing a deep dove..and he was on the beach waving at me..
I put my head down in the water and dived a few feet and the biggest Tiger shark I've ever seen swam right past my face ..I was so cool..I just floated up and went backwards toward the reef.. slow..

I got into shore and said to my brother ..&&^779 !! &77 77 7))&&&& !! He said, I was waving at you !! lol!!

Fun stuff!!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Often listen to when thinking back ..

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Perfect!! Wow!!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

That brought back some memories !1 When I was 12 watching the B-52's coming back to Guam and the rest of the guys that were doing R & R ..I would take a stake of comic books and hand them out... (long story short) ..I could go on with so many stories about that...little did I know ..me and my brother would be in the same damned war.. so strange!!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Oh my... my favourite group and below my favourite song :

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
"We would spend hours building go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times we learned to solve the problem. "

We built a freakin' rocket-kart. The frame was made of 2x4's. The steering was a rope. It had lawn mower tires. It had an axe handle nailed to the frame for brakes. You pulled the handle and dragged the other end on the road to, theoretically, stop. There was no throttle. It only had go. It had an oxygen bottle from a cutting torch rig strapped on the rear with rope. To make it go, another kid stood behind it with a sledgehammer and knocked the valve off. It only made one run. The tires exploded at what I would guess to be around, what felt like the speed of light. Then it was a rocket sled. The whole thing came apart shortly after. I ended up in a ditch with a few bruises and scrapes to brag about. My dad was pissed, but he was also laughing his ass off. Yeah, we were crazy kids by today's standards. It hurt, but it was fun.
edit on 30-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: quote added

I did a google, and apparently Mythbusters did a test of the kind of horsepower we were playing with.
edit on 30-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: added vid

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I know right!!

Move it up a few years and I was in the crap (and me brother) .. and the crap is still going on!! Except we are all nice about it!! Insurgents !! LMFAO!! Drones !! ..

If you want to win a war ... if you want to fight a war.. go for it!! Just do it!!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ohhh sheesh... I would have loved to have participated in that???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This one was played a lot when I was in..after she was gone.. (and many others we liked)

I remember standing on the fan tail of the carrier and hearing it on the speakers (we had a radio show for moral) I just stared at the water..not thinking much..thinking is not good.. when I did think, I thought about the book I was reading..and what would happen next.. I use to tell myself I would read my ass off if I ever got home.. just gp somewere and read..

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

Showing your age mate... showing your age... I only did the Falklands and Desert Storm as a veterinary officer (yep animals were involved) nothing compared to what the US vets endured in Vietnam.

Right... back on topic...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
a reply to: RUFFREADY

Showing your age mate... showing your age... I only did the Falklands and Desert Storm as a veterinary officer (yep animals were involved) nothing compared to what the US vets endured in Vietnam.

Right... back on topic...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Hahaaha! It's ok!! I look good for my age
both my Mom and dad (Marine) are still kicking!! I've kept in shape as best as I can (long story) and am very lucky !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am currently going for a 47 year old woman.. I give my chances 60/40 lol!!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Good to see someone else who remembers them .. and great song
Hard for me to pick a favorite from them ..

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks i like your choices too :-)
What a kwinki dink you mentioning fresh prince My son and I found the cassette tape about a month ago at an exchange.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I don't know about eating knee scabs but my brother got dared to eat a few earth worms at a party. He opened his mouth when they were in the back and let them crawl back up before he swallowed lol.

Great post

edit on 30-5-2014 by finitydream because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by finitydream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A few things take me back to childhood. Watching Bonanza, and Walt Disney shows on Sunday evening. Going to grand parents house for Sunday lunch. It was always fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, applesauce and fresh green beans. Fishing with my step dad in the Atchafalaya basin, or Lake Bistineau. We used to have a very large fish camp there. We had Christmas on the Lake. The whole family would be there. We use to race go-karts all over Louisiana-Texas-Oklahoma. Back then it was not unusual for 10-15 yr old to race around a track doing 60-75 mph. We also did stupid stuff like giant rope swing from tall trees out in the woods. I only fell out of a tree one time. Or we blow things up with Black Cat fireworks.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: finitydream

I don't know about eating knee scabs but my brother got dared to eat a few earth worms at a party. He opened his mouth when they were in the back and let them crawl back up before he swallowed lol.

Great post

I remember that wood lice were pretty crunchy between the teeth around 7 years old... Got force fed them by the school bully and his bunch of retard mates before I turned around and gave him a good swing in the knackers with my right foot and chucked out a couple of punches to certain chins...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What Takes You Back To "The Good Old Days"?

There is a smell of a woman....

"My Sin" by Lanvin

I'll never forget her and those moments of Peace and Love in San Francisco, LA and Santa Fe...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

What takes you back to the more simple, innocent times of your childhood?

Playing pool, being in a car and the smell of fresh cut hay.

I'm a product of a small-town, mobile and country upbringing.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
didn't anyone have one of these on your wall? ahhhhhhh the good ole days!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: arielsdad

What reminds me of the good ol' days? I would have to go with..
.SEGA.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join