It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychotropic drugs, mass killings, and gun control

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: haarvik
Manchurian candidate comes to mind. I've been saying this since Columbine. We all know that not just drugs, but alcohol can leave one open to suggestion. Whose to say these drugs, being pushed by big pharma who also have a vested interest in our government, are not designed for this specific purpose? Let's say there are a special set of conditions that allow for the control and influence of the subject ingesting these medications. They have to do mass prescriptions to get enough sampling to know who reacts the way they want. When they find someone who reacts the right way, bingo! They launch the next attack. All to further the gun control agenda.

If that were the case, why prescribe it? Why not spray it over the food? Or put it in the water? Your guns are safe. Or are they? O_o

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well obviously after altering brain chemistry haphazardly by stopping meds cold is not the solution. How many people get a second opinion on their mental disorders? In the documentary they sent individuals to multiple psychiatrist with the same symptoms. They were diagnosed to have different disorders depending on the doctor and they were given different drugs. Where is the concrete diagnosis determined that leads to prescribing psychoactive drugs? There is none these people walked off the street described some vague symptoms (cant sleep, irritability, etc) and were givin completely differing medical advice. All derived from a cursory verbal exam.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

In the UK any patient can get a second opinion If they want.
Bad doctors doesn't mean the treatment is wrong.
Diagnoses change a lot because it is very hard to determine what type of mental illness the person has. It can take months of observation to make a decent assessment.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes it is trial and error no one is saying it isn't.
If you suffer from mental illness It may take years to discover the right dosage for you.
It is a feild less than a 100 years old we have so much to learn.
I can't remember the mod who has suffered from mental illness on ATS but he wrote a very good post on how they have saved his life.

It took several tries for me...and my helper almost killed me with seizures and a stroke, but never once did I want to go on a murder spree. It is the individual. Not the medication.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Observation of a persons behavior can tell a doctor about their brain chemistry? This is what I am getting at. You mean to say they prescribe brain altering drugs to individuals without any medical test and the excuse is well its very hard to determine what type of illness this person has. Probably because zero medical work was done and it is based on verbal questioning.

I wonder how other aspects of the medical industry would work if they took this approach. "Well Mr. Smith it appears you are obese based on observation. You may have diabetes ( no test done) take these insulin injections and if they help we will continue them. If not we find something that works." Meanwhile guy goes home and dies because he is used as a guinea pig or they are just throwing meds at him and seeing if there is any change.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Agreed about Scientology and their agenda.

Thanks for the video… love that expose dirt that shatters Paradigms!

regards,

intrptr

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Are they heck the first thing we can do is test for things in the blood which may cause the illness. It could be slow poisoning or many environmental factors.
What works for one will not work for another.
Also no Doctor would prescribe insulin without the proper tests.
Remember also we can only force drugs onto people whom have been sectioned. Anyone can refuse meds If they are not.
I really think you do not have any idea of how we treat mentally ill folk. Med's is a tiny part of it in my experience therapy can do good as well as cognitive behavioral therapy.
I honestly don't know how it is in the states but here in the UK people working in the field are making people better and doing the utmost to make sure they are doing more good than harm.
edit on 30-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Therapy is fine and is covered by a psychologist and is sort of non invasive. Psychiatry on the other hand is the use of drugs to treat mental illness often with no medical basis. Again its just trial and error meanwhile someones child gets caught up in the trial and error and just becomes another victim to be displayed as a villain.

I don't think you actually understand how mental illness works and that is fine because neither do the professionals. I understand that you feel that the meds are incidentally helping some people but there is no proof indicating the meds are actually the cause. It could be psychosomatic for all we know.

Again you are defending a system that has dressed itself in the trappings of medicine but does not actually address any medical issues.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Are they heck the first thing we can do is test for things in the blood which may cause the illness. It could be slow poisoning or many environmental factors.
What works for one will not work for another.
Also no Doctor would prescribe insulin without the proper tests.
Remember also we can only force drugs onto people whom have been sectioned. Anyone can refuse meds If they are not.
I really think you do not have any idea of how we treat mentally ill folk. Med's is a tiny part of it in my experience therapy can do good as well as cognitive behavioral therapy.
I honestly don't know how it is in the states but here in the UK people working in the field are making people better and doing the utmost to make sure they are doing more good than harm.

Yeah...in the States they DO prescribe insulin when it's not needed. My grandad was hypoglycemic, not hyper (diabetic). Almost killed him. I also had a cousin with an ulcer. The doctor prescribed him ibuprofen! He ended up in hospital, as you say.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah ok I worked at a mental health ward for five years and I didn't know anything....
It isn't perfect but you are wrong meds do work but with other therapy's hand in hand.

Ok so we stop all metal health treatment...is that what you want?

maybe go and volunteer and see how the field works eh? learn more about it because you need to.
Anyhow good talking but Iam having the same discussion in about three threads....many just fear mental wellbeing and the treatment for the mentally unwell.
The stigma against people with the illness is still rife and perceptions are just wrong.

Bye.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Well I can only talk from what I know and a blood test is used everytime in the UK to determine If you have it or not.
But do remember mistakes happen all the time..Doctors and such are only human after all.
Anyhow bye moving on

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The medications don't even treat the "illness" they just suppress these vague symptoms by turning people into zombies. You should understand this as you worked in a mental ward. A bunch of sedated zombies. Right now in the US there are lawsuits related to Risperidone which is used to treat schizophrenia but has been linked to gynomyastica or breast development in males. Yeah that's great in our trial and error on innocent patients we took depressed teenage males and caused them to grow breast. Yeah this wont cause a cycle of further mental "illness" for these individuals.

I had a friend on this drug for bi-polar he swelled up to 260lbs and grew breast. He was a zombie who mostly just slept and sat around. Is this treatment and if so for the benefit of whom?

I got a bit off subject but the point is your observation of what is "working" for these patients is based on them being sedated. These are just chemical lobotomies and dont actually cure anything because there is nothing to cure.

People are falling into a system where any and everything that does not conform to an impossible standard is considered mental illness. They used to use electro shock and lobotomies on women for postpartum depression. How much further from those days have we really progressed. Also your idea that the science is only 100 years old isnt helping. You mean they have had 100 years of professionals and scientist studying this issue yet can find no concrete basis for it. Is it possible that it is all environmental? Correlation is not causation but we can see how the rise in medication and diagnosis has paralleled the rise in of industrialization and urbanization?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join