It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected I-81 trooper killer blames 'time warp'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: minettejo
one DUI, but no other criminal record.

Not a DUI, a DWI, and there's a BIG difference.
DUI= Driving Under the Influence
DWI= Driving While Impaired

The state of Florida, in its ongoing quest to have a 100% conviction rate (presently at an unheard of 98%), charges people with DWI's when they are pulled over and the officer cannot charge them with with anything like a DUI. DWI is heavily based on the officers “opinion”, much like “reckless driving”. So in the “officers opinion” his driving skill was “impaired” by something that the officer cannot otherwise prove to be true. They are very lenient with what they consider to be “impaired”, for example: driving under legal levels of alcohol (but failing the impossible to pass DUI test), medications, lack of sleep, medical condition (ie diabetic shock), etc...

DUI's are a HUGE money maker for the state, and DWI's are what they use as a cover when they cannot legally apply a DUI to a person they have decided to arrest.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Sandymuffins

Do they say WHY they think it was deliberate? As in, was he seen aiming, perhaps, looking at those he hit? Very weird, as is the undressing after the fact. Bizarre case, no matter what, it seems!

he sideswiped 2 cars before he hit the officer, I think thats why....wonder what the distance was from the first sideswipe until he hit the officer

Yeah, caught that in another response; thanks. Some of the question was if it seemed he deliberately hit the cars, or was simply totally out of control. Either is possible. The cops seem to think he did it on purpose. Out of control, with no drugs or alcohol, means either a medical/mental issue, or deliberate. I think someone posted that he admitted he did it on purpose later, so it's a moot point.

The way it's looking, it's likely he went on a rampage, and maybe didn't figure he'd get caught, for whatever reason. When caught, he strips and takes off, to make himself look crazy as a defense. Slight chance he's really crazy, but unless he had some real symptoms before, I'd have serious doubts there. More likely, he simoly decided to do whatever he wanted, and he wanted to hurt people.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
It is a strange one, and for that alone a good reason for people to put down the pitchforks for a while until guilt or innocence is proven.

I quite agree. It's looking more and more likely that he went on a rampage, but that isn't proven just yet. Even if that's the case, WHY he would do it is still weird. If that isn't the case, something very bizarre is happening. I am a little surprised he didn't claim possession or something; that would have at least been a more viable excuse for hitting two other cars and the trooper than a "time warp".

originally posted by: MysterX
Reminds me of the equally strange case in the UK some years back, two Women - Sisters if i remember, were observed by Police walking down the central reservation on a busy motorway here, aparently oblivious to the real danger they were in and were putting drivers in both fast lanes in.

Police pulled them over, tried to talk to them and they both very calmly, almost hypnotically raced towards traffic moving at up to 90 mph (70 limit, but this is the real world)..they were both hit, one of the Women was hit a glancing blow by a car, the other went under the wheels of a truck and was thrown out, by a miracle still alive.

Ambulance staff and more Police arrived and were treating the Women by the side of the motor way, where they both beat off the police and ambulance staff and tried to run into the flow of traffic again...they were arrested and taken to a Police station, sent to Hospital and treated...no drugs were found in their systems, nor alcohol and were deemed mentally competent (!) they were released without charge (!)...i think they were from Finland or somewhere nearby, but whatever, the point is sometimes strange, very strange crap happens..who's to say something equally bizzare wasn't going on here.

I saw video of that case!! Very bizarre, and no real explanation for it was ever found, at least as far as I heard. Didn't one of them die later, from something similar? Been a while since I watched the video. Freaky case, however, and this could be something equally strange. I suspected some bizarre form of mind control there; something without drugs, that t he medical people could not trace, that was "turned off" so they would appear competent. Maybe this is related.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join